Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Sims 4

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Other than that, it looks the new "world" is another city.
Which is completely fucking pointless because Sims 4 worlds consist of a set of independent locations that have no connection to each other so practically you'll just get yet another small nightclub, of which there are already plenty.

Sims 3's open world was far better for exploration and dynamic Sims behaviors.

Drakortha

Liturgist
I remember when Sims used to have expansions about operating your own business, going to university or on vacations, introducing pets, seasons and stuff.
Now it got expansions about... renting and going on dates?
It's worse than that. It's an expansion about going on dating apps.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I remember when Sims used to have expansions about operating your own business, going to university or on vacations, introducing pets, seasons and stuff.
It's worse than that. It's an expansion about going on dating apps.

This is what their clients' dreams look like. They obviously don't care about work, school, or development. They only want success on the dating app.

Vorark

Erudite
Curse EA for never releasing an expansion similar to Open for Business for TS3. :argh:

Vorark

Erudite
That's for Sims 4. All TS3 had was a bunch of objects sold separately instead of one cohesive expansion similar to OFB. People tried to mod the features back but it wasn't the same.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
That's for Sims 4. All TS3 had was a bunch of objects sold separately instead of one cohesive expansion similar to OFB. People tried to mod the features back but it wasn't the same.

My bad. I read your original post wrong.

Caim

Arcane
Lovestruck.

Either the Loverslab crowd is going to love this because it gives them so much more to do (there's a love hotel rabbit hole in this expansion), or they've already done every single thing better.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Notice how many of the women are fatass pigs while the dudes they are well above their market value. So many negroess too. It's all so disgusting. At least you can tailor your own game with the sims you want and just purge the town of everyone else or go into CAS and change them.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Got me thinking, how many female players actually make their female characters look unattractive?

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Got me thinking, how many female players actually make their female characters look unattractive?

Going off of the "Gallery", the most popular female sims are all blonde, tanned, and nice looking with some token negroe ones too, Can't say I watch streamers play this game.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Only those who are so unattractive IRL they know they have zero hope of even becoming a 5/10 ever in their lives, and thus are filled with resentment and hate beauty, therefore wanting to insert ugliness into everything they see.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Last edited:

Caim

Arcane
Carl of Carl's Sim Guides has summarized the livestream where they show off the expansion's features.

He's probably going to end up having to fix this one like how he fixed the marriage pack.

TC Jr

Scholar
My main issue with 3 is just how easy it is, I hardly played 2 (only on console which is a completely different game), but I remember the original being solid enough. The whole point of the Uni pack is to eventually get a better job but it's rendered pointless when it's so easy to get promoted.
Ultimate Sims game for me, the openness and features of 3, with 1's difficulty, pre-rendered backgrounds/objects* and it's music, with a Bustin' Out type of "story mode".
For those that haven't played that, you work your way up through different lots by completing multiple objectives (which also unlocks objects). Really fun game, I especially loved all the different lots you eventually end up in, some a gym, cathedral type place, nightclub etc.
Whereas, on the PC games, I usually create the one house and that's that which can get boring. More of a me problem but there's no incentive to keep creating new builds.
I tried 4 for about 10 mins but it was a fucking joke, I'm sure they cut your needs meter and everyone's super friendly, making the difficulty non-existant. Not to mention how ugly the sims themselves are.

* Being facetious but I do miss those graphics.

Caim

Arcane
LGR review.

Exactly what you'd expect from it. Outfits that Loverslab did better, ADD Sims that suddenly do unrelated things while you're trying to go on a date, and minimal additions aside from the "main" feature. Sims can now also get divorced on their own, a few features are bugged and messed up fountains.

Once again a basis for the modmakers to work on, but that's it. Not worth your 40 bucks.

Vatnik Wumao
:prosper:

7KIdytr.png

Caim

Arcane
Kinda wondering how buggy the interactions are between the new romance options and the club options from Get Together, which could easily be used to create a sex cult.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
So which Sims game do you go to if you are actually interested in the management/gameplay aspect of it ? I seem to be remember Sim 1 wasn't wholly uninteresting in that regard but it's been a while.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So which Sims game do you go to if you are actually interested in the management/gameplay aspect of it ? I seem to be remember Sim 1 wasn't wholly uninteresting in that regard but it's been a while.
probably 3

it runs like absolute ass tho

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom