Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Steam Greenlight Thread - SHUT DOWN

Dexter

Arcane
WTF, Drakensang:TRoT is on Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=106180446

Before you comment about this game already being on Steam, read this please!
This game is available on Steam in certain regions ONLY (I.e., North America, maybe South America). It is on Steam in those regions as THQ have published it on Steam under their Valusoft label. However, THQ do not have the license to sell the game to the Rest of the World (ROW).

DTP, who have placed this game on Greenlight, have the ROW license. Unfortunately, there is no longer a channel for them to use to get the game on Steam without it going through Greenlight. This is why the game is on Greenlight.

If you can buy the game on Steam already, you're lucky. Please remember that most of Steam's customers are not as lucky as you and cannot purchase the game on Steam.

Thank you.

It's kind of a weird thing having to do with the German publisher "dtp Entertainment", that had to file for bankruptcy a few months ago: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-04-30-dtp-files-for-bankruptcy-in-germany

They already have Drakensang, Divinity II: Ego Draconis (Larian Studios self-published Divinity II: Developer's Cut later), Summer Athletics, Legend: Hand of God and The Cursed Crusade published on Steam.

But I guess out of whatever reason (uncertainty with the rights or their situation following the bankruptcy filing, disputes, problems in past dealings?) they aren't allowed to publish on Steam anymore. Which is kind of a shame cause I'd like a bunch of their games to be on Steam.

Chief among them:
Drakensang: The River of Time: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=106180446
Gray Matter (by Jane Jensen): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=94505580
Venetica: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=94503461

And I don't know if most of their Adventures are any good, but I'd probably be willing to try them, they also have:
Black Mirror II: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=94508175
Black Mirror III: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=94512062
Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=105769124
Haunted: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=105947297

deuxhero

Arcane
Hey, that means youtube video embeded inside Steam don't get views... the AoD is still as 20k views, but it plays automatically when you see their page, should have more than 200k by now...

Or that Youtube's view counter has never worked. For new videos, especially from popular providers, seeing more ratings than views is the norm.

For the record, here are the Greenlighting dates thus far:

1) September 11th, 2012
2) October 15th, 2012
3) November 30th, 2012

Real time or Valve Time?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Hey, that means youtube video embeded inside Steam don't get views... the AoD is still as 20k views, but it plays automatically when you see their page, should have more than 200k by now...

Or that Youtube's view counter has never worked. For new videos, especially from popular providers, seeing more ratings than views is the norm.
It works well enough, that thing of videos that explode is due server change AFAIK; they dump most videos on minor servers, to make room for the popular ones on fast servers, but when a video unexpectadly gets tons of views, it usually get stuck on "316 views" or something like that, until it's changed to a better server...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://steamcommunity.com/games/765/announcements/detail/1279285812150259940

Next Batch Of Games And Software Titles To Be Greenlit January 15

posted by Alden @ 06:22PM on December 20, 2012

On January 15th, we will announce the next batch of games and software titles that the community has voted up and will move them to the Greenlit section of Steam Greenlight.

So make sure to vote for your favorites and spread the word--help pick new games to make available via Steam.

Modron

Arcane
This happens tomorrow. Vault Dweller Elhoim How are you ranked?

I would imagine AoD is ranked high enough to be included but Valve is really looking for games that are closer to being in a ready to release state (especially considering some of the past releases being more like beta releases).

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
If AoD is in the top 100 then I think eventually they will be Greenlit. It's a niche game as far as the Steam audience goes so if it made the top fifty I'm sure it would be instantly added. We'll find out tomorrow.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If AoD is in the top 100 then I think eventually they will be Greenlit. It's a niche game as far as the Steam audience goes so if it made the top fifty I'm sure it would be instantly added. We'll find out tomorrow.

It was already at 18th place and didn't make the cut.

Multi-headed Cow

I sure hope Zafehouse Diaries gets added too. :bounce:

And goddamn Pinball Arcade.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

It was already at 18th place and didn't make the cut.

Then they're screwed. I'm actually pretty damned surprised they made it that high. If it really is the top fifteen games then I doubt they've made anymore headway and have probably slid a little without much buzz.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Nice!

PieMan Jan 14, 2013 @ 12:55am
It's Skyrim with turn based fighting.
:hmmm:
Quite a few people are convinced that AoD is just like Skyrim. Or Oblivion.

"looks like turn based oblivion but i suppose it have some promise... "

"looks interesting, very strange fighting mode"

"turn based TES. I'd be warey it isn't just TES with the interesting bits cut out."

The Age of Decadence - Oblivion with the interesting bits cut out.

Modron

Arcane

"turn based TES. I'd be warey it isn't just TES with the interesting bits cut out."

Thanks I just died a little more inside.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
We've been Greenlit. Thanks to everyone who voted.

Ermagerd! Steam achievements here we come! But, seriously, congratulations. I know the anti-Steam fags don't understand but getting on Steam is huge for you and the other people on your team. You could make some serious cash/enough to sustain you as full time developers.

Multi-headed Cow

(also steam sales)

(also also bundles, $2 for all spiderweb games and age of decadence with steam keys)

RPG = game where you kill people with swords

Oblivion = game where you kill people with swords

AoD = game where you kill people with swords

Oblivion = RPG = AoD = Oblivion
:dance:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
WTF, Drakensang:TRoT is on Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=106180446

Before you comment about this game already being on Steam, read this please!
This game is available on Steam in certain regions ONLY (I.e., North America, maybe South America). It is on Steam in those regions as THQ have published it on Steam under their Valusoft label. However, THQ do not have the license to sell the game to the Rest of the World (ROW).

DTP, who have placed this game on Greenlight, have the ROW license. Unfortunately, there is no longer a channel for them to use to get the game on Steam without it going through Greenlight. This is why the game is on Greenlight.

If you can buy the game on Steam already, you're lucky. Please remember that most of Steam's customers are not as lucky as you and cannot purchase the game on Steam.

Thank you.

It disappeared! What's going on?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Nice!

PieMan Jan 14, 2013 @ 12:55am
It's Skyrim with turn based fighting.
:hmmm:

I think you should make the combat real time, so more people would buy it :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom