Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Steam Greenlight Thread - SHUT DOWN

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Acceptable anime = oxymoron.

Modron

Arcane
Acceptable anime = oxymoron.

Sure there has been a serious decline in acceptable anime since the moe and ecchi shit took over post 2000 or so but there are still a few gems out there *granted that the last 2-3 years have been especially shitty.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
All anime is bad. It has poisoned the minds of a generation of western youth.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Original Slayers are the best fucking anime all around, and I think the only exception.After watching it, I thought "well, this anime thing sure looks fun" and started lurking for other shows.

ALL OF THEM WERE SO TERRIBLE EMO FAGGOT SHIT, BITCH PLS.

Not counting the original DB of course, it's the :obviously: show in potatoland. The wonders of 90s here.

SwiftCrack

Arcane
Lmao, I actually do insta-vote down anything anime looking.
It's funny because you think your downvoting actually does something.

It used to. That was when Greenlight was a glorious RPG Codex Propaganda machine :lol:.

I feel extremely incompetent for not even knowing this game.

An iconic title from the shitty FMV game craze of the mid-1990s. It's not actually very fun.

FMV? Cya later 7th guest :salute:.

I feel extremely incompetent for not even knowing this game.

An iconic title from the shitty FMV game craze of the mid-1990s. It's not actually very fun.

I found the portuguese version of the strategy guide in an old bookstore. It's actually a walkthrough told in form of a story, p. cool. It makes a point of mentioning the "CD ROM version will use approximately 10 megabytes of HD space for the cache" :lol:

The+7th+Guest+%25E2%2580%2593+Guia+Oficial+de+Estrat%25C3%25A9gias.JPG

Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I remember reading a long article way back when about the rise and fall of Trilobyte, the company that made 7th Guest. I googled around for it and it turns out the article was written by Geoff Keighley of all people - http://web.archive.org/web/20061205135036/http://www.gamespot.com/features/btg-tri/

If the article is to be taken at face value, 7th Guest was like the DOOM of shitty games. (an actual comparison to id was made; Trilobyte was cash rich and went full-on Fat Elvis)

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
7th Guest was a tech demo to show the capabilities of Cd-rom, some puzzles were nice some just frustrating. Now, 11th Hour was just stupid cash-in and brought only dissapointment.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I remember reading a long article way back when about the rise and fall of Trilobyte, the company that made 7th Guest. I googled around for it and it turns out the article was written by Geoff Keighley of all people - http://web.archive.org/web/20061205135036/http://www.gamespot.com/features/btg-tri/

If the article is to be taken at face value, 7th Guest was like the DOOM of shitty games. (an actual comparison to id was made; Trilobyte was cash rich and went full-on Fat Elvis)

Good article. They had an art guy, and they had a tech guy, but nobody with an actual coherent vision for gaming. Clueless management kills.

Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera

Good article. They had an art guy, and they had a tech guy, but nobody with an actual coherent vision for gaming. Clueless management kills.

Very true, but I think the management issues were produced by the Peter Principle in reverse; the company grew beyond the management capacity of the principals. They got dollar signs in their eyes for an IPO and this led them to scale up to the point where they had to devote their full attention to the management of their end of the product (technical vs. art) and didn't have anything left over to make sure the technical and artistic aspects were compatible.

Although the prominence of the motorcycle scene anecdote at the beginning of the article makes me think this is the conclusion that the author came to as well, so I might just be following him down the garden path.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
All times are going to be US Pacific -- so won't be for another 16 hours or so.

Multi-headed Cow

What? That announced they're doing the next batch soon? Where!? I'm excited! What if it's finally time for Zafehouse Diaries! What if Pinball Arcade finally fucking gets let in! What about Dominions 3 and Talisman and and and all thems games! Eeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Multi-headed Cow

God damn it Greenlight.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom