Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Few things that caught my eye.

Played this long time ago, decent game.

Im in mood for strategy games and I heard good things about this.

Blobber that looks interesting.

Never finished the original, pretty sure im going to buy this.

No idea what this is but it looks like Saints Row.

Curratum

axmTN1k.jpg

:hmmm:

Endemic

Arcane
It's even cheaper if you already own the HD edition (now labelled as "2013" on the store).

Dexter

Arcane

Good deal, I ended up enjoying the combination of Exploration/Fighting/City Building/RTS it ended up being. Only major issues I had with it was the (Optional) grinding in some locations and that you can out-level stuff easily due to lack of level scaling.

I've been playing Beautiful Desolation this week and really ended up liking it a lot too, it's like a combination of Fallout and Planescape: Torment with lacking/less combat and no skills, but with Adventure game puzzles:

I'm gonna throw some more money Pyke's way and get the Deluxe Mega Bundle of his games, since I overall ended up enjoying them, although from what I've played so far I'd say STASIS was a great first debut, but with Broken Desolation they have come of age: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/13402/BROTHERHOOD_DELUXE_MEGA_BUNDLE/

What did you people pick for "THE STEAM AWARDS"? I gave GOTY to ALYX, Story-Rich to Beautiful Desolation (although it could stand for Visual Style too - might give that to Ghostrunner though) and Best game I suck at to Streets of Rage 4 so far. Biggest problem seems to be that you can't pick something for multiple categories and there's kind of a lack of major contenders that have all come out this year.

Last edited:

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Getting some never-before-played ancients this year. Here's to my first taste of these bygone classics.

Also this one caught my eye in particular. Never touched either of 'em but I've heard nothing but praise and adulation with a hint of regret for what-could-have-been with 2. What's the Codexian Consensus?

the only stuff i'd like to buy is "oh, nice price" and then there's 200 euros worth of mandatory dlcs without whom the game is shamelessly incomplete. all this jewing makes me almost reevaluate horse armor.

Also this one caught my eye in particular. Never touched either of 'em but I've heard nothing but praise and adulation with a hint of regret for what-could-have-been with 2. What's the Codexian Consensus?
not bad, but overrated as fuck. the only way to play it the way it's meant to be played (and the only way to survive multiplayer, if still there is any) is by abusing bugs. literally. not kidding.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Morstairs - Part I : Oath of Fealty, some kind of RTwP RPG:

ss_3e535ce0bf196752cab9cd26f85bfa955ac6be5b.600x338.jpg
ss_26cd89fc10a6b67171af9fcb0c5e0ce93420ff95.600x338.jpg

Cryospace, an isometric action adventure set in alien-infested starship:

ss_c97b5f60c151289b817f2e0768289a167ffaedc4.600x338.jpg
ss_faca74cf9b90817e5a3e73244b8d9fd41b81fcd9.600x338.jpg

Evil Tonight, 2D survival action:

ss_ada0ac2c42ed2d11a43ed919d50bf81ddc1f2339.600x338.jpg
ss_9900af3b84db12818ecc2d5854f17f1269367694.600x338.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom