Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

GrainWetski

Arcane
Here are some decent to good games that have lowest ever discount Steam keys(in Euros, anyway) from legit 3rd party sites.

Dominions 5 - 16,65€
https://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DOMINIONS-5/dominions-5-wariors-of-the-faith

Spellforce 3 - 10,25€ (it was apparently 10,10€ at some point, but close enough)
https://www.wingamestore.com/product/8265/SpellForce-3/

Yakuza Kiwami 2 - 6,15€
https://www.wingamestore.com/product/10444/Yakuza-Kiwami-2/

Code Vein - 14,99€
https://www.indiegala.com/store/game/code-vein/

Pathologic 2 - 11,30€
https://www.gamebillet.com/pathologic-2

M&B Bannerlord - 28,69€
https://www.wingamestore.com/product/11598/Mount-Blade-II-Bannerlord/

Latelistener

Arcane
Played it a little. Seems like a decent game, close to Titan Quest, but with a different setting.

If you've played Torchlight 2 and Titan Quest, there is not much else in the genre aside from Path of Exile.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
one of the better ARPG (diablo-style) of all time. defo worth it at -80%.

If you've played Torchlight 2 and Titan Quest, there is not much else in the genre aside from Path of Exile.

Thanks for the input. How does this compare to Path of Exile? I played POE years ago but lost interest after several dozen hours.

EDIT: I see GD is even cheaper on GOG.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Resident Evil 3 and the Mafia remake are the only things jumping out at me here, and I'm not super enthused for either. I get everything I can on GOG so I don't even bother looking through the AA and indie stuff on Steam usually.

I'd be a lot more hyped for RE3 if I had gotten around to RE2 yet, which I haven't. :(

Shitposter
Just another reminder that criminally underrated game Age of Fear: The Undead King GOLD is once again on sale:

Most fun turn based game I've ever played, if you're into necromancy or chaos demons or knights/wizards/clerics this game has the most interesting and cool units I've ever seen. also the writing is surprisingly hilarious and the music is great

also for all you fucking glasses wearing virgin dweebs super seducer series is on sale:

it's basically a funny harassment simulator the creator is more of a comedian than a pick up artist tbh

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
NsOqiri.jpg

6GJPeR8.jpg

:hmmm:

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Just another reminder that criminally underrated game Age of Fear: The Undead King GOLD is once again on sale:

Damn man you actually got some taste .
If anyone doesn't trust his recommendation, the game has a F2P spinoff which is basically half open world sandbox game, half giant tutorial for the series. It's pretty deece and free, but the story standalone games are better.

The Age of Fear franchise has 6 factions, Undead, Humans, Demons, Orcs, Dryads and Dwarves.

Age of Fear 1 has Humans and Undead.

Age of Fear 2 has Demons and Orcs.

Age of Fear 3 has Dryads and Dwarves.

The game Dawkinsfan linked is the remake of game 1, it is better than the basegame but not triple the price better imo. There is no huge reason to play them in order, although it is obviously still recommended.
Pick the one with the most enticing sounding factions and have fun. The free game has most factions unlockable and playable so you can test them first.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/312670/Strange_Brigade/

An enjoyable co-op tpp shooter where Rebellion devs mixed lite Serious Sam version with the crowd control of undead nasty beasts, where you also solve simple puzzles in between and evade some nasty traps as well. It has a rather enjoyable commentary from the narrator as well. You can solo it, or play in co-op. There are 4 characters to choose. I've finished it already 2 times.Thanks to Tytus for the game.

I'm thinking of buying Door Kickers: Action Squad for easier finding of co-op partner and Clandestine, because I've replayed Splinter Cell series too many times already.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Thanks for the input. How does this compare to Path of Exile? I played POE years ago but lost interest after several dozen hours.

Eh, they're quite opposite spectrums in the genre.
GD is way more focused on single player, PoE is just nerf hammer festival while Crate developers (who made GD) are not affraid to bring good stuff in their game.
It's worth trying basic game for a while and then getting expansions.
They introduced certain stones in 2nd expansion that boost your new characters (so you don't have to spend hours to level them up from scratch), so you can jump right into 3rd difficulty setting - Ultimate.
All you need is one character that reached Ultimate legit way :M

Path of Exiles should be renamed grinding simulator
what did you expected from Grinding Gear Games?

Last edited:

Duralux for Durabux

Eh, they're quite opposite spectrums in the genre.
GD is way more focused on single player, PoE is just nerf hammer festival while Crate developers (who made GD) are not affraid to bring good stuff in their game.
Path of Exiles should be renamed grinding simulator and Grim dawn "boring and uninspired Hack and slash(pleonasm)".

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ninja Destroyer is correct - Strange Brigade is good fun solo, even better in co-op. The same can be said for Zombie Army Trilogy, in fact I like Zombie Army even better.
Both games are published by Rebellion, which means they are insultingly overpriced at list, but they do insanely deep sales.
Huge value for your $ on sale.

Duralux for Durabux

Quests aren't interesting. Story is ... better skip it .Maps are repetitives, there is no (little exageration) difference between 2 maps. Gameplay, well typical hack and slash thing nothing special about it. Music is absent.

Dexter

Arcane
It's a hack and slash, what do you expect?
Diablo 2? Lots of diverse areas that feel very different there. Played Grim Dawn in CoOp for bout 20 hours and it got kinda repetitive and a bit boring (reminiscent of Titan Quest but not quite as bad), gave up on it somewhere Mid-way through. Victor Vran was more exciting and played better imo.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Ninja Destroyer is correct - Strange Brigade is good fun solo, even better in co-op. The same can be said for Zombie Army Trilogy, in fact I like Zombie Army even better.
Both games are published by Rebellion, which means they are insultingly overpriced at list, but they do insanely deep sales.

I always hesitate to buy co-op games because my only real life friend who still plays games is so rarely up for it, but these look neat so if they play okay solo I guess they're worth a punt.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
buy muh game, apparently I arranged for it to be 50% off for a while:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/983640/Theseus_Journey_to_Athens/

AllSpiritedEgret-small.gif

Edit: Seriously though if you buy it, leave a review. Apparently I don't have enough reviews to get a score or whatever, and I want my official steam score

Will it work on Linux? I will pick it up if so as the setting looks interesting and graphics are simple but nice will pick propably also Arcanum, DOS 2 and FNV 2 and the ultimate edition if both will run under Linux or Wine of course.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Edit: Seriously though if you buy it, leave a review. Apparently I don't have enough reviews to get a score or whatever, and I want my official steam score

Will it work on Linux? I will pick it up if so as the setting looks interesting and graphics are simple but nice will pick propably also Arcanum, DOS 2 and FNV 2 and the ultimate edition if both will run under Linux or Wine of course.

Uh... Yes, it definitely maybe works in linux and wine. Buy now while stocks last!

I don't know if anyone has tried to do that yet, and I don't have the setup to test it. I imagine it will run fine, but if it gives you trouble Steam will let you refund the purchase. If Steam tells you to pound sand, write an angry post about how I ripped you off and then I'll magically appear and send you money.

If it does work, please come back and tell us, or better yet post a review about how considerate I was for making my game compatible with non-windows machines. May the gods be with you.

EDIT: Just figured out how to post the button instead of a link:

Last edited:

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

Uh... Yes, it definitely maybe works in linux and wine. Buy now while stocks last!

I don't know if anyone has tried to do that yet, and I don't have the setup to test it. I imagine it will run fine, but if it gives you trouble Steam will let you refund the purchase. If Steam tells you to pound sand, write an angry post about how I ripped you off and then I'll magically appear and send you money.

If it does work, please come back and tell us, or better yet post a review about how considerate I was for making my game compatible with non-windows machines. May the gods be with you.

EDIT: Just figured out how to post the button instead of a link:

It works like a charm using Steam Proton 4.11 and Steam play Comrade, very :obviously: intro btw, will leave my leaned review after playing it for a bit (Should have time after Christmas or Dies Solis Invictis for your heathen).

:hero:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom