Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
But muh convenient I just have to download again digital games collection.
The games aren't being taken from anyone's collection, they're just being taking off the store.
But they are tied to your account. So those games are gone unless you log into your account. You can't buy them anymore if you needed or wanted too. Pirating is the only solution.
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. Logging in is a great hardship, who can bother remembering one email address and one password? Much easier to make new accounts all the time and re-buy games I already own. How dare Steam antagonize good normal customers like us this way.

Translation Melcar what the actual fuck are you talking about

Codex Year of the Donut
The games aren't being taken from anyone's collection, they're just being taking off the store.
But they are tied to your account. So those games are gone unless you log into your account. You can't buy them anymore if you needed or wanted too. Pirating is the only solution.
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. Logging in is a great hardship, who can bother remembering one email address and one password? Much easier to make new accounts all the time and re-buy games I already own. How dare Steam antagonize good normal customers like us this way.

He's talking about being completely unable to buy them if you didn't buy them before they were removed.
Are you guys actually this retarded or just pretending to be?
https://support.rockstargames.com/a...t-Auto-San-Andreas-not-available-for-purchase

Melcar

Arcane

He's talking about being completely unable to buy them if you didn't buy them before they were removed.
Are you guys actually this retarded or just pretending to be?
https://support.rockstargames.com/a...t-Auto-San-Andreas-not-available-for-purchase

They're just a bunch of cucks.

Codex Year of the Donut

That has no bearing on "muh convenient I just have to download again digital games collection"

No-one's collection has been impacted. Maybe he should learn to express himself.
Melcar is mexican, maybe you should stop being racist

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Uh, yeah. Things removed from a store means you can't buy them. If that's all he meant to say he could have just said "breaking news sky is blue".

What about this weird shit about how logging in to your account to play games you own is some kind of impossible to solve problem?

Melcar

Arcane
Uh, yeah. Things removed from a store means you can't buy them. If that's all he meant to say he could have just said "breaking news sky is blue".

What about this weird shit about how logging in to your account to play games you own is some kind of impossible to solve problem?

Logging in to play, games that I own.

Zombra

Patron
Yes, that is quite the conundrum.
thinking.png
Please let us know if you find a way to log in.

Dexter

Arcane

They're not removed from your Library, where you can download them again. They just stop being sold on the store:
MPBRqDr.jpg

This is more concerning, as it's actually altering the game via Patch years later, and directly impacts its quality:
https://www.cinemablend.com/games/GTA-Vice-City-Back-Steam-Nearly-10-Songs-Removed-50206.html
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/868277-grand-theft-auto-san-andreas/70449592
https://www.destructoid.com/heres-a-list-of-songs-removed-in-gta-ivs-latest-update/

It's like removing the background music from a movie you bought 10-20 years ago because its "music license" expired, nonsensical.

Yes? Isn't that also what you do with GOG and any other Online Store? How would they recognize that you bought something without an account? Even for piracy you usually need one if you're not stupid about it.

Latelistener

Arcane
I've been playing some demos from the festivals, so among those there are a few I enjoyed more.

Falling Aces feels like Duke Nukem, except it's more of a brawler and there are stealth elements:

Haiku is a decent cute / creepy metroidvania that probably won't shake any pillars though:

The Good Life is surprisingly decent. If you've played Deadly Premonition you'll be right at home. Some key elements were taken from there like day / night cycle, hunger / tiredness meters and the need to clean yourself regularly. Instead of shooting stuff though you take photos.

This one was just released. The prologue was really good. The character is pleasant to control, visual and animations are top notch, great sound and that RTS / Tower Defense layer that makes the game feel closer to Starcraft. Overall, seems like the studio came a long way since Zombie Driver HD.

This one will come out very soon. It's sort of a horror card game with its own rules. I don't think it will stand out as a card game though, not like Slay the Spire or anything of the sort. It's a different experience.

Last edited:

Squidhead

Educated

● The New Monster Generating System!
One of the most unique features of the original game, which allowed players to acquire monsters by importing CDs,
has been replaced with a new music database that can be used to generate monsters by searching CD titles!
"This is your chance to raise the rare monsters that you couldn’t acquire before! "

What the fuck is the point then?

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
This one will come out very soon. It's sort of a horror card game with its own rules. I don't think it will stand out as a card game though, not like Slay the Spire or anything of the sort. It's a different experience.

This game is going to be great. The dev makes these hidden gems where there's kind of a story-driven metanarrative hidden within the generally simple gameplay, accompanied by some sort of related ARG. The previous one is The Hex, where you play the characters of an arrogant indie dev in flashbacks of their own games.

I haven't played yet but I heard Pony Island is the same

Vatnik Wumao
Looking at the art of that picture, I said to myself: This is 100% LGBTQ+ friendly. And sure enough, there was a tag for it.
Meh, as long as it's not too in your face, I don't mind. And I do dig the art style personally.

Anyhow, still waiting for some proper vid reviews on YT, but the simulation aspects seem to be fleshed out decently enough. Only real issue with the gameplay seems to be that there's quite a bit of RNG as pertaining to the endings (which deal both with the PC's lifepath and that of others around him).

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth

this looks good but who the fuck wrote this description for the game. it looks like they nabbed some random post from a dude who has a somewhat tenuous grasp of english. the inflection doesn't make me think this is a description from a store page:

It is a flight simulation game which is based on the theme of the World War 1 and is one of those which has really depicted a realistic flight war gameplay. You have 6 different planes in the game which are the ones that were famous in those times.
The planes have been modelled perfectly and have been given a lot of details.
You have both instant playing mode and the campaign mode for doing a wide variety of missions.
Coming to the planes again, the inner dynamics have been made with a good number of details which allow you to check the speed, the height of the aircraft, the targets, situational awareness and many other on board options which you can easily use and implement in the gameplay.
So you can easily say the user interface in the gameplay is very good and interactive. The flight dynamics are realistic and really pose a challenge to the gamer.
The graphics have been given a lot of details and the exploration value is simply better than most of the simulations. The A1 is you can say top notch and the controls are perfectly calibrated to the flight control.

● The New Monster Generating System!
One of the most unique features of the original game, which allowed players to acquire monsters by importing CDs,
has been replaced with a new music database that can be used to generate monsters by searching CD titles!
"This is your chance to raise the rare monsters that you couldn’t acquire before! "

What the fuck is the point then?
It avoids reviews like:

- HELP! I played this as a teen but my old CDs are in my parent's house attic
- I am 13 and WHAT THE **** IS A CD TRAY
- I have determined that the strongest monster is only available through a CD scan of Kenny Rogers' Greatest Hits, therefore this is pay to win
- Nice amiibo rip-off!!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom