Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Merkwürdigliebe said:
So essentially I received a copy of of Amnesia Dark Decent, or am I reading this wrong? I guess you supposed to click "unpack gift" or pass it on to some one else but the GUI doesn't function correctly. Presumably because the server is overloaded?

That's right. Unpack will give it to you or you can trade it off to someone else.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I've got two of the achievements and haven't received any gifts, or coal. Something broken?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yeah the servers are pretty borked. Also there's some question as to whether the first freebie/check your inventory achievement should have given one or two items.

Anyway... anyone have thoughts on Fable 1 (Lost Chapters) -- probably grabbing it at $2.50.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Fable is fine for $2.50. Not an amazing game by any stretch but it's a fun and semi-charming action RPG with graphics that still hold up well today. Just don't expect too much from it.

Multi-headed Cow

Fable 1 was... Ok, on original Xbox. Never played the PC version. It's ridiculously easy (Though amazingly enough the most difficult Fable game apparently) but I had a decent time with it. If you're in the market for some low impact simple action vaguely RPG-ing then it's probably not bad for $2.50. I'd probably do the Fable bundle if it was $10, maybe $15, but $20 isn't doing it for me.

Thinking about grabbing the Pendulo pack since for whatever stupid reason I love picking up adventure games on Steam even though I only very rarely play them. If I don't grab it, looks like I'll have skipped all the dailies today. There are some great deals (Orcs Must Die, Just Cause 2, Sam and Max) but due to my crippling Steam obesity I've already got 'em. Probably means I'm most likely going to be giving away whatever fabulous game prizes I win, too.
BUT DAMN IT, I'LL STILL GRAB AS MANY OF THESE ACHIEVEMENTS AS I CAN.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
sea said:
Fable is fine for $2.50. Not an amazing game by any stretch but it's a fun and semi-charming action RPG with graphics that still hold up well today. Just don't expect too much from it.

Yeah it seems decent enough and I've spent $2.50 on much worse during these sales.

attackfighter

Magister
Is the DLC for AI Wars any good? Normally I don't go for DLC, as it's mostly overpriced, glorified mods, but for AI Wars I'd expect there to be something a bit more substancial...

sser

Arcane
Developer
Picked up OrcsMustDie on account of it looking fun on YouTube.

I saw the Shogun 2 price cut, but here's the deal. I refuse to buy another game from that series after Empire. I have never felt so taken advantage of as when I paid full price for that monstrous, piece of shit game. I'm getting pissed off just thinking about it.

TripJack

Hedonist
attackfighter said:
Is the DLC for AI Wars any good? Normally I don't go for DLC, as it's mostly overpriced, glorified mods, but for AI Wars I'd expect there to be something a bit more substancial...
they all add new special units, ai guards, ai types, map types, minor factions, and so on

one of them is pretty small but the other two add quite a bit, there are lists of specific additions on the ai war wiki

if you like the base game i think they are worth it

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's bugged right now -- the first freebie should give you two things... or, rather, the 'get started' thing should generate you one and then visiting your inventory should give you another. Also a lot of people aren't getting gifts/coal for actual game achievements to it's pretty borked right now. I'll lay off doing any until they fix it... of course I unlocked a few in advance, too. =X Only thing I got today was Fable 1 for $2.50. Thought about Portal 2 for $7.50 but I don't really have a huge desire to play and Valve titles get cheaper and cheaper.

Multi-headed Cow

Metro said:
It's bugged right now -- the first freebie should give you two things... or, rather, the 'get started' thing should generate you one and then visiting your inventory should give you another. Also a lot of people aren't getting gifts/coal for actual game achievements to it's pretty borked right now. I'll lay off doing any until they fix it... of course I unlocked a few in advance, too. =X Only thing I got today was Fable 1 for $2.50. Thought about Portal 2 for $7.50 but I don't really have a huge desire to play and Valve titles get cheaper and cheaper.
Oh, hell. I'm apparently missing one then. I've got 3 achievements ticked, and have 3 coupons. Oh well.

Reading some lucky bastards who managed to pull two free game codes in the first batch of achievements, and one guy who got a free Valve complete pack.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I got half life 1 (which I already have) and a lump of coal. :C

Fuck you very much, Gaben.

Anyone want a free copy of HL1? You cna usually find me hanging out in the Codex Diversity Squad chatroom.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
YES, I'd like a copy plz! (I only got a 33% discount coupon on Valve games...)

... I just "added you to friends list" on steam.

Thank you in advance!

(Can't go to the chatroom since I'm, heh, at work...)

hoopy

Savant
I didn't get either of the free gifts... unless they can come in the form of TF2 items? I have no idea which items I had before and which ones might be new. I barely played after they introduced the shitty item drops.

FatCat

Educated
sser said:
Picked up OrcsMustDie on account of it looking fun on YouTube.

I saw the Shogun 2 price cut, but here's the deal. I refuse to buy another game from that series after Empire. I have never felt so taken advantage of as when I paid full price for that monstrous, piece of shit game. I'm getting pissed off just thinking about it.

your fucking loss. :M

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
YES

and explore the island before taking sides

and if you get thrown into the monastery I'd recommend reloading, you can miss many things but it's OK for your second playthrough

Stinger

Arcane
Good to hear. Also turns out Risen isn't actually available for purchase in my country, so thanks Gaben.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Haba said:
Jesus, that 2nd Super Meat Boy achievement is hell. My thumbs are fucking killing me.

Heh, I managed to get it on that crappy laptop keyboard. Took me hours, but I did it.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Gragt said:
Haba said:
Jesus, that 2nd Super Meat Boy achievement is hell. My thumbs are fucking killing me.

Heh, I managed to get it on that crappy laptop keyboard. Took me hours, but I did it.

How can you manage those precision jumps with a keyboard? They are tough to pull even when you cheat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom