Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
How do you cheat in SMB? Is there something I'm not aware of? Anyway, you just try to … My home keyboard was ok for SMB but playing it with a pad was just so much better. This laptop isn't too good for that but, well, a few hours later and I somehow got used to it …

Anyway, it seems there is a workaround for people who can't access their inventories and/or check their gifts. If you access your inventory in a game that uses Steam Trade, such as Team Fortress 2, Portal 2 or Spiral Knights, that'll unlock it. You may need to restart the game and check your inventory a couple of time, and maybe even modify the inventory — in my case, I sold an item in SK — but it worked for me and many others report success.

So. I got my 2 presents plus one for the OMD! achievement. A lousy 25% on Valve's games, a lump of coal and Recettear, which I already own on GG. Like, fuck you, Valve.

Heck, I should list the shit I'll get as well as my unused HIB keys and giftable games I got for all you fucks.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Mine finally showed up... and an automatic one kicked in today because I already did the Dredmor achievement. In addition to the crappy Valve coupon I got... two lumps of coal!

mck

Cipher
fuck i could have saved a whole dollar by waiting a day to get dungeons of dredmor

Fatty

Augur
bought:

Penumbra: Overture 4.99 USD
Trine 3.39 USD
Geneforge Saga 9.99 USD

Got Hydrophobia free...dunno a thing about it but free is free.

maybe GamersGate needs an "in before massive butthurt" thread? Seeing these prices on my GG wishlist:

Jagged Alliance $1
Jagged Alliance 2 Gold $3.99

...I am assuming this is a kickass deal, no?

Edit:

X-COM Complete is also $1.27 on GG

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Even the DLC is discounted: Diggle Gods for $0.74! Also getting Psychonauts and Costume Quest. I'd get Sacred 2 if it were 75% off (apparently there's a coupon that has that discount, let me know if anyone gets it!)... games is three years old for fuck sake. Witcher 2 still at only 40% discount is a joke... especially when the base discount was 33%.

mck

Cipher
I just bought the dredmor dlc and judge dread: DREAD VERSUS DEATH.

may god have mercy on my soul

ironyuri

GABENNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Well, I've bought some DLCs for various things so far. I'm waiting to see if they put Skyrim on sale, as I haven't played it yet and I don't want to pay full price.

So far the sale has been lacklustre, but I think they're holding back the good shit for closer to the big day.

Multi-headed Cow

I might buy Duke Nukem at $5. Maybe. Possibly. Kind of a shame the new DLC isn't 75% off as well. I'd be tempted by Tropico 4, but I heard it wasn't as good as 3, so maybe I'll hold off on that. So looks like another day where I'm probably skipping everything unless I give in and pity-buy Duke.

Also just did the Psychonauts achievement and didn't get a fabulous prize yet. The daily achievement list says I haven't done it but the game says I have.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Not as good as 3 is kind of a weird statement, since Tropico 4 is essentially the same game as 3. Just with some new buildings, items, that sort of thing. Might as well call it an expansion of Tropico 3.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yeah I just went back to do the OMD achievement and it hasn't registered on the prize page. More Steam hiccups.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Just picked up Dungeons of Dredmore Complete for $1.87.

And looks like I'll have to boot up Spiral Knights, ugh.

attackfighter

Magister
ironyuri said:
GABENNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Well, I've bought some DLCs for various things so far. I'm waiting to see if they put Skyrim on sale, as I haven't played it yet and I don't want to pay full price.

So far the sale has been lacklustre, but I think they're holding back the good shit for closer to the big day.

Since Skyrim's apparently the best selling RPG evar (or something along those lines) I wouldn't get my hopes up. Usually they reserve discounts for when sales start slumping.

OldSkoolKamikaze said:
And looks like I'll have to boot up Spiral Knights, ugh.

Spiral knights is indeed shit, and I do not look forwards to it either. STupid Valve offering free stuff to play that game...

Hopefully they have an achievment for Alien Swarm though. I wouldn't mind having a reason to play that again.

Multi-headed Cow

anus_pounder said:
Not as good as 3 is kind of a weird statement, since Tropico 4 is essentially the same game as 3. Just with some new buildings, items, that sort of thing. Might as well call it an expansion of Tropico 3.
IIRC the biggest complaint I heard about was the new natural disaster system, and I thiiiiiiiiink there was something changed with politics but I don't remember. If it's mostly just an expansion of 3, is it a good expansion? Does it include all the stuff from 3 and 3's DLC?

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
So have they stated if they're going to retroactively give us these presents for achievements or what?

This experiment eats shit.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Honestly if you have Tropico 3 I wouldn't buy Tropico 4 until it's like $5.

Peter

Arcane
Steam servers are really borked. I did the Dredmor achievement but it ain't showing up on the gift pile page.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Struggled to get the achievement in shitty Spiral Knights and I got -50% on Zombie Driver. I would rather have received coal. Amusing fact: the achievement didn't unlock on Steam but showed on the gift page. I guess Steam is almost dead.

attackfighter

Magister
that AI war achievment is completely retarded

you gotta lose 30,000 ships in a game, and it's a game where you produce only one ship per building at a time. so basically the only way to get it is to set a bunch of buildings to auto produce and rally them to somewhere the AI will kill them, then leave the game running while you do something else. You have to be the biggest Jew to get this achievment :cry:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
So far 3 lumps of coal and 60% off Hearts of Iron 3... which is already 60% off during the sale...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom