Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Hobo Elf, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    It's something I wouldn't mind in an indie bundle but it's just another in a long line of atmospheric puzzle platformers. And it's three hours long. There are far too many of these as it is plus you have a lot of two and three man teams raising the bar with that can be done on a shoestring budget a la Dredmor, Terraria, etc.

^ Top  
  2. Sweet Jesus, Dungeon Defenders Christmas DLC is on Steam for $10 (after 25% discount). That's not free! That's not free at all!

^ Top  
  3. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    It was pretty obvious that was going to be a cash milking scheme when they charged $4 for variations on the four classes and $2 for existing maps with their modes changed. What's sad is the expansion isn't that much content. They're selling it in four parts and the first part only has one actual campaign mission, a defense challenge, monster fest challenge, and PvP (which is horribly broken in that game).

In other news people who have been datamining have found there's going to be another 'Treasure Hunt' sale of sorts for the Holiday event. Basically you get achievements in games, they can either unlock gift certificates for games or a 'lump of coal' -- these basically act as tickets/entries into a big giveaway at the end with a grand prize of all games on steam and various top X games on your wishlist.

^ Top  
  4. Cool beans. I had noticed a bunch of Christmas achievements showing up, I'd probably have fun doing another Steam achievement whore party for wonderful prizes of maybe one game, one or two pieces of good DLC, and a bunch of really bad DLC.

Ooh, hell, Dredmor expansion might even be a prize. That'd be nice.

^ Top  
  5. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    http://steamtreasurehunt.wikia.com/wiki ... Objectives

^ Top  
  6. Gragt Arcane Patron

Gragt
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
    Fucketh me. I'm in Mexico, no X360 pad close, and they keyboard for this laptop sucks for Super Meat Boy. Managed to complete only one of the hard as fuck xmas levels, and the others look worse. I really don't feel comfy doing it this way.

^ Top  
  7. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Just finished Shank... all 2.5-3 hours of it. The combat is pretty fun, boss fights are terrible (basically hit X when Y weakness comes up), and there's a decent amount of stupid jump/grapple filler, too. Anyone who paid $15 for it got ripped off bigtime.

^ Top  
  8. Satan Educated

Satan
    Magicka for 2.5€... hmmm... I didn't like the demo, but I heard it's really fun on multiplayer, so I don't know...

^ Top  
  9. hoopy Savant

hoopy
    It seems like a fun MP game, but it's dreadfully boring in SP.

^ Top  
  10. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    Magicka is on sale every week. :P

^ Top  
  11. Yeah but now I can pick up the Stars are Left for under $2 :yeah:

^ Top  
  12. Hobo Elf Arcane

Hobo Elf
    Just got Stazius from Steam. All I can say is :yeah:
    If you are a fan of old school horizontal shmups then this game is for you. My only complaint is that bosses can be easily killed off with special charge up weapons (playing on Normal) but there are 2 other higher difficulties so I'm sure that wont be a problem then. Not to mention that it can be rather difficult to get to the boss fight in the first place, which can be considered part of the boss fight too.

P. cool music, really fun weapons (you can customize your ship with whatever guns you want, and unlock more from bosses), well designed non-frustrating but challenging levels and all the enemy designs look cool. Game feels suitably challenging on Normal, like it'll always be a challenge but wont make you ragequit.
    I recommend it. It's only 6€.
    :thumbsup:

^ Top  
  13. Merkwürdigliebe Arcane

Merkwürdigliebe
    Shogun 2, 13 Euro dollars or so, does it worth? I'm quite suspicious as to if it's worth it due to the great disappointment that was Empire.

^ Top  
  14. WhiteGamer Educated

WhiteGamer
    Get it. For sure.

If not, SHAMEFUR DISPRAY.

^ Top  
  15. Satan Educated

Satan
    Unlike Empire/Napoleon, Shogun 2 is actually a good game.

^ Top  
  16. Gragt Arcane Patron

Gragt
    Looks like the Xmas sale just started. Like the Summer Event, you can complete various achievements in selected game to collect some tokens and win some stuff.

Edit: being currently in Mexico with a non-gaming laptop kinda suck but I managed tonab some. Some are gonna give me trouble, like the Dow2: Retribution one, since I can pretty much launch the game but not really play. Anyone who wants to start a game on one of the selected maps and wait for 30 mins until we get it?

^ Top  
  17. OldSkoolKamikaze Arcane Patron

OldSkoolKamikaze
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    What did you guys get as a gift?

I got a 50% off one Valve title coupon.

^ Top  
  18. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Haven't redeemed it yet - waiting for the servers to calm down. Seems like you got a good one as I've heard they stack with the promos. Anyway, first set of dailies are pretty standard: Just Cause 2, Sam & Max, Metro, Singularity, Rift, Amnesia, Orcs Must Die, Max Payne, Portal 2, an indie adventure game pack, Bunch of Heroes, and Fable. Interesting enough Fable: The Lost Chapters (which I guess is Fable 1 for Windows) was recently added and, with the promo, is only $2.50. I'll probably grab that.

^ Top  
  19. Gragt Arcane Patron

Gragt
    Dunno, I can't access my inventory at the time being :D

Anyway I found this page to be pretty useful to check the various achievements: http://steamcheeves.com/. The page still need to be updated and some achievements may not relate to the sale, but all were added recently and most have a christmas theme.

^ Top  
  20. Hoaxmetal Arcane

Hoaxmetal
    eerr ignore this

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    ^ Top  
  22. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    And, actually, those coupons are pretty bad. Friend of mine looked at the fine print: Can't use it until AFTER the sale ends and it isn't good on any Valve titles released in the future, just past stuff. Lol.

^ Top  
  23. Gragt Arcane Patron

Gragt
    I read some coupons are golden and can be used during the sale.

^ Top  
  24. OldSkoolKamikaze Arcane Patron

OldSkoolKamikaze
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    [​IMG]

I'd get a screen shot of the coupon, but I can't view it in my inventory anymore. I also got another gift, but I can't see it.

^ Top  
  25. Gragt Arcane Patron

Gragt
    Got almost all the achievements for the game I owns, assuming now new ones are added later. Some games I already own somewhere else, like Cargo! on GG, and I don't feel like getting them again for that event, and the others I do not feel like getting in the first place. Should be able to finish the others soon, though Retribution and Space Marine will likely be close to impossible without help on this laptop. Bleh.

That said, stuff like the Revenge of the Titans achivement, or the 2 Super Meat Boy achievement should count quadruple.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.