Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Got almost all the achievements for the game I owns, assuming now new ones are added later. Some games I already own somewhere else, like Cargo! on GG, and I don't feel like getting them again for that event, and the others I do not feel like getting in the first place. Should be able to finish the others soon, though Retribution and Space Marine will likely be close to impossible without help on this laptop. Bleh.

That said, stuff like the Revenge of the Titans achivement, or the 2 Super Meat Boy achievement should count quadruple.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Damn, I managed to get Dead Island in my cart for $10, deliberated, then they raised it again. I'm thinking the fuckers would just raise the price during the pending/authorization period, anyway.

hoopy

Savant
Is this Gift Pile thing for real? I'm expected to buy games I may not want to play so I can be gifted a random game I may not want to play? That's hilarious. I guess Steam is counting on people to not think this through.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I've given up for now. Servers just way to unstable. Redeemed that first freebie achievement but couldn't get to my inventory. I'll try back in a few hours.

Multi-headed Cow

Think I'll skip Bunch of Heroes, doesn't look very good. Edge I'd be interested in but not really at that price, and Cargo I just dunno. $5 seems a bit much since I'm not that interested.

No mention of objectives carrying between days like the summer sale, so I wonder if those will be gone by the next day.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Re: Bunch of Heroes -- Friend of mine gifted it to me when he bought a four pack on release: it's beyond terrible.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I don't think it will be -- the developer said it wouldn't on the Trine Steam forum.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Metro said:
I don't think it will be -- the developer said it wouldn't on the Trine Steam forum.

I didn't buy it when it came out in order to get it cheaper on the holiday sale and thay wont put it on?

:x :x :x

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Multi-headed Cow said:
No mention of objectives carrying between days like the summer sale, so I wonder if those will be gone by the next day.

Achievements will grant you a prize immediately. And you can go back and complete achievements from past days (so say on Sunday you want to go back and finish the Bunch of Heroes achievement... you can and you'll get a prize at that time).

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=2302631

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Multi-headed Cow said:
[…]and Cargo I just dunno.

Cargo! is pretty fun if you like the stuff from Ice-Pick Lodge. It's weird like their previous games but it is rather colourful and light-hearted, unlike Pathologic and The Void which are dark and oppressive. It's not as deep as their previous masterpiece, The Void, but it's fun to tinker with and play with the buddies. I guess that you better not go for it if you're on the fence, since the IPL games tend to be rather unique and a bit rough around the edges, but it's fun nonetheless.

Also I had Realms of the Diggle Gods since day one. Steam doesn't accept that I temporarily changed of country and doesn't let me pay anymore, in both US and European jewgolds. So I managed to get it gifted to me. By comparison, GG didn't give me any trouble and updated all its prices in US jewgolds — I even got Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate during their sale, and it is now waiting for me to come back home.

Multi-headed Cow

OldSkoolKamikaze said:
Multi-headed Cow said:

Achievements will grant you a prize immediately. And you can go back and complete achievements from past days (so say on Sunday you want to go back and finish the Bunch of Heroes achievement... you can and you'll get a prize at that time).

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=2302631
Excellent. Since Cargo and Edge aren't daily deals if I change my mind I can snap 'em up later.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's down (The Great Gift Pile) cause the server is getting hammered, also if you check on Inventory (third from bottom under View) there's a Steam tab. But I'm pretty sure mine are all old and there's nothing new.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I've gotten two coupons so far:
pAXdu.jpg

ixW1x.jpg

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Did BIT.TRIP RUNNER, Dredmor, Jamestown, Magicka, Orcs Must Die! and Super Meat Boy. Got shit so far, hopefully only 'cuz the server is getting hammered...

Somebody wanna do DEFCON one later?

aanga.jpg

So essentially I received a copy of of Amnesia Dark Decent, or am I reading this wrong? I guess you supposed to click "unpack gift" or pass it on to some one else but the GUI doesn't function correctly. Presumably because the server is overloaded?

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Multi-headed Cow said:
Think I'll skip Bunch of Heroes, doesn't look very good.

Yeah don't get Bunch of Heroes, 1: It's terrible and B: the achievement is near impossible.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom