Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Apparently you missed the big Free Weekend banner for KF on the store page.

Captain Shrek

anus_pounder said:
no. No. NO. Abso-fucking-lutely not. If you really have 15+ GB lying around, go pirate something like Battlefield 3 and have some fun on pirate servers.

Thanks. SAved bandwidth for the BBC Shakespeare plays.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Captain Shrek said:
SAved bandwidth for the BBC Shakespeare plays.
I have an official boxed set of the BBC Shakespeare plays and it was worth every PLN I paid for it, even if it's, let's say, "vintage" at times. This is dozens of hours of top quality :monocle: entertainment, a great choice over Rage, I guess :D

Captain Shrek

Elwro said:
I have an official boxed set of the BBC Shakespeare plays and it was worth every PLN I paid for it, even if it's, let's say, "vintage" at times. This is dozens of hours of top quality :monocle: entertainment, a great choice over Rage, I guess :D

:thumbsup:

hoopy

Savant
APB Reloaded is on Steam now, and it's free to play.

I didn't even make it to the main menu. There was a long series of unskippable logos, and then some stupid intro video that was likewise unskippable. The game also had something like three processes running in addition to Punkbuster, so it's bloated as hell.

I don't have the patience for this kind of shit anymore.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
hoopy said:
APB Reloaded is on Steam now, and it's free to play.

I didn't even make it to the main menu. There was a long series of unskippable logos, and then some stupid intro video that was likewise unskippable. The game also had something like three processes running in addition to Punkbuster, so it's bloated as hell.

I don't have the patience for this kind of shit anymore.

I had the exact same problem. It took me forever to even get the game to start. My computer had to restart and everything. Then it said that it couldn't use my steam login to get into the game and I had to register at their site. At that point I said fuck it and shut it down.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I picked up the You Monster "expansion" to Defense Grid: Awakening. It's easily worth the 5 euros if your into that sort of thing as a distraction.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Damn... I was going to hold out for a 75% off sale on Steam to grab Dungeon Siege 1 and 2 but... $5... uhggh.

Multi-headed Cow

Metro said:
Damn... I was going to hold out for a 75% off sale on Steam to grab Dungeon Siege 1 and 2 but... $5... uhggh.
Same boat I'm in. I think I'll keep waiting though. Not all THAT interested in DS3, so I'll wait to snag 1, 2, and the DLC too. Then again in the event of a 75% off sale it'd probably end up being $15, and probably include the items individually, so $7.50 for DS3 now and expansion in the future, as opposed to possible $15 for DS3, expansion, and DS1 and 2 which don't include the expansions.

Well shit. After thinking it out that way now I'm tempted to pick it up.

Edit: Yeah, fuck it. Never really liked DS1 anyway, and DS2 seemed marginally better, but not including the expansions pisses me off too much. $5 DS3 and then holding out for the DLC it is!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yeah I bought it. I'm sure I can live without playing the older DS titles. Plenty of ARPGS out there (like the oft postponed TL2) and from the Let's Plays I watched they don't look particularly compelling. I doubt Steam will take it lower than 75% off meaning you'd basically be paying $10 for the expac and the first two games. Not bad but, again, consider if you'd ever even play them.

Also, if you get it, rather than downloading just click 'view library' and you'll find the code to redeem it on Steam.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Think it's like... four hours long? It's basically a CGI Star Wars movie. Watch a walk through on YouTube if you're so inclined but skip buying it even at $5.

Multi-headed Cow

First one is apparently also a mess on PC, and is 30 goddamn gigs because they're FUNCTIONALLY RETARDED.

From what I gather second one is more reasonable and works fine on PC, but gameplay is no great shakes and it's short.

funkadelik

Arcane
I played the first Force Unleashed on a console cause one of my friends had it. It sucked. Playable, but nothing great that made we want to go past the first couple of levels. I can only imagine the second is worse and I heard it is actually very short. So at a $5 deal it is still not worth the money.

Multi-headed Cow

Not exactly a deal, but I just noticed Space Pirates and Zombies is $10 on Steam now, which is better than the $20 or whatever they wanted at first. Most likely will get even cheaper during a Steam sale or indie bundle however.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
At the rate these bundles are coming out it'll be in one eventually. There aren't that many indie games left on my wishlist. I was surprised Shank was in a bundle considering it is published by EA... that means something like Deathspank or even Bastion could be in one depending on the agreements.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
A couple of daily deals at Amazon download: Guardian of Light (isometric Tomb Raider) is $2 and Just Cause 2 is $2.50. I'm fairly certain GoL is Steamworks but somewhat less sure if JC2 is Steamworks.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yeah, poor choice of a descriptive on my part. While the view is somewhat isometric the game is basically just a puzzle/shooter. It does have co-op but it's pretty dead so you'd need people you know to experience it.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
The Limbo game is at $2.5 on Steam. Just today... I think.

Also. Humble Indie Bundle 4 has redeemable Steam keys . :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom