Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's Another World with vastly simplified gameplay and worse graphics.

For $2 it's worth it, but $20? lolnope

It's cute but insanely overrated. Calling this "one of the best games of all time" as the games media seems to is like calling your friend's student film the next Citizen Kane.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Ok, I am thiking of getting Talisman or Talisman Origins during the sale,has anyone played any of these,which one is better,especially for sinlge player,what's the Kodex Kritical Konsensus?

mastroego

Arcane
Ok, I am thiking of getting Talisman or Talisman Origins during the sale,has anyone played any of these,which one is better,especially for sinlge player,what's the Kodex Kritical Konsensus?

I have Talisman with all expansions (got the Season Pass quite some time ago, then added the digital only expansions, I only miss a few "legendary" decks updates and such).
I don't know about consensus, but it's a fun port.
The AI is what it is I suppose, I don't think something much too clever is realistic anyway given the combined complexity of all the characters, the powers, the cards, the expansions and so on.

BUT, I don't think the AI should be perfect, either.
If you played with friends I guarantee you sub-optimal choices would be made all the time around the table.
So all in all it can be fun anyway, and honestly you don't play Talisman as a Chess substitute but because it's a cauldron of fantasy things and crazy stuff tends to happen in games.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
beg in gift thread, pretty certain that there are people with unclaimed talisman keys

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Commendable of them for not bitching out. I remember when Humble Bundle recalled Call of Cthulhu keys when there was a price mistake, for example.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron

I have Talisman with all expansions (got the Season Pass quite some time ago, then added the digital only expansions, I only miss a few "legendary" decks updates and such).
I don't know about consensus, but it's a fun port.
The AI is what it is I suppose, I don't think something much too clever is realistic anyway given the combined complexity of all the characters, the powers, the cards, the expansions and so on.

BUT, I don't think the AI should be perfect, either.
If you played with friends I guarantee you sub-optimal choices would be made all the time around the table.
So all in all it can be fun anyway, and honestly you don't play Talisman as a Chess substitute but because it's a cauldron of fantasy things and crazy stuff tends to happen in games.

Have you tried Origins and if you have is it better or worse than the original?

Commendable of them for not bitching out. I remember when Humble Bundle recalled Call of Cthulhu keys when there was a price mistake, for example.
That might be because it hurts HB's image to admit they fucked up. I remember that once they applied a discount on HOMMV and its expansions on Steam (that is, directly on Steam) and it ended up giving a negative price. I "bought" them and still have them on my library. This was years ago too.

mastroego

Arcane

Have you tried Origins and if you have is it better or worse than the original?
No I haven't tried that.
Isn't it a smaller game?

I don't know anything about it,that's why I am asking
ok sorry, hopefully half of the picture will still be useful
I do think it's a smaller game anyway. I don't think there are expansions and all the rest for Origins

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom