Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
20230216003759-1.jpg

What is it with the SJW types and adventurous wheelchairs anyway? Do you have to play the Amazing Adventures of Gimpman, or can you dump him in a home and get someone good?

"Uh oh, it looks like someone's about to join the ranks of the disabled," should be Batman's catchphrase.

Harthwain

Magister
Steam Mystery Fest is underway for the next week. It's disappointing how few games I can find that have actual investigation/deduction mechanics.
That reminds me of Lucifer Within Us. It would've been great investigation/deduction game if it weren't so damn short and was a bit more ambiguous in terms of testimonies given by NPCs. As it was, you could solve all three cases (one of which is pretty much a tutorial!) pretty much by exhausting all options as it helps to narrow everything down.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That reminds me of Lucifer Within Us. It would've been great investigation/deduction game if it weren't so damn short and was a bit more ambiguous in terms of testimonies given by NPCs. As it was, you could solve all three cases (one of which is pretty much a tutorial!) pretty much by exhausting all options as it helps to narrow everything down.
Agreed LFU has room for improvement but I still think it is outstanding. Anyway that is a discussion for another thread :)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/group/4145017/view/3645136358931000680
2023 Official Steam Sales and Fests Schedule
Registration and discounting now open for most 2023 Official Steam Sales and Fests

In an effort to give you a jump on planning out your year of promotional activities, we're excited to announce the dates for 2023's official Steam sales and fests. The schedule is below—including links to documentation with additional details and eligibility criteria—and you can register and start entering discounts now for most events. Simply visit your Sale Approvals page in Steamworks, where you can see the upcoming events and which of your games are eligible for each.

Major Seasonal Sales
Four times a year, we run Steam-wide seasonal sale events. These events are open to all released games to participate with a discount.

Themed Sale Events (Fests)
Each of these fests is built around shining a spotlight on a particular category of games with corresponding eligibility criteria for each. These events prioritize discounted games, but also have space for free games, upcoming releases, and games with demos.

If you’re not ready to register now, don’t worry; we’ll send out reminder emails to the developers of eligible titles about 8 weeks prior to each event.

For more information, please see the Steam Themed Sale Events documentation.

Next Fest
Running three times a year, Steam Next Fest is a multi-day celebration where fans can try out demos, chat with developers, watch livestreams, and learn about upcoming games on Steam. For developers, Steam Next Fest is an opportunity to get early feedback from players and build an audience for a future launch on Steam.

The February 2023 edition of Steam Next Fest is underway now, with the next two announced and open for registration as part of this master schedule announcement. For more information, please see the Steam Next Fest documentation.

We'll also send out registration reminder emails to folks with "Coming Soon" titles on Steam that haven't previously appeared in a Steam Next Fest.

Steam Sales & Fests Schedule for 2023
  • Mystery Fest: February 20 - 27
  • Spring Sale: March 16 - 23 (major seasonal sale)
  • Puzzle Fest: April 24 - May 1
  • Sports Fest: May 15 - 22
  • Next Fest: June 19 - 26
  • Summer Sale: June 29 - July 13 (major seasonal sale)
  • Stealth Fest: July 24 - 31
  • Visual Novel Fest: August 7 - 14
  • Strategy Fest: August 28 - September 4
  • SHMUP Fest: September 25 - October 2
  • Next Fest: October 9 - 16
  • Return of Steam Scream Fest (Halloween): October 26 - November 2 (additional details to come)
  • Autumn Sale: November 21 - 28 (major seasonal sale)
  • Winter Sale: December 21 - January 4, 2024 (major seasonal sale)

The list of scheduled events is also available on the Upcoming Steam Events documentation page.

For more details on discounting, please see the Discounting documentation.

Please note that while we don't anticipate any changes to this schedule or the included events, we reserve the right to make adjustments as needed.

Contact us here if you have questions regarding events like these.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

Strange blurb for this one. It brings up the Amstrad CPC and its "colour palette" which suggests a West European origin, while literally screaming 'I'M MEGA MAN' at you from all angles.

This looks far more suitable to the NES-crowd, and to be a fun one at that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom