Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Postal 2 was great back in the day with the more deranged mods.

Basically liveleak the game.

Isn't this game bad tho?
Funnily enough Postal 2 was considered bad back in the day, but on Steam has "Overwhelmingly Positive" reviews (96% out of 77k), which is interesting.

And there is even Postal 4? Boy, I got out of touch...
Postal has been memed into being a good game/franchise, it's really nothing special.

Postal 2 is an awful game, but it's fun to play because it's edgy.
A mysterium.
Basically this. There isn't that much to it outside of the cheap shock value, kind of like a videogame equivalent of a b movie.

lightbane

Arcane
Supposedly Epic is to play online. Denuvo though is mandatory, and it wasn't clear whether it would have it or not until the game was close to launch.

Chuck Norris

Augur
I'm not gonna lie. I'm kinda pissed at Steam at this point. Why do they allow Epic Games to get away with so much?

Why should a game like Sonic Superstars lunch through EGS in any shape or form? Can't they use all the money they have to make some counter-offers and prevent devs to become EGS whores en masse?

Caim

Arcane
I'm not gonna lie. I'm kinda pissed at Steam at this point. Why do they allow Epic Games to get away with so much?

Why should a game like Sonic Superstars lunch through EGS in any shape or form? Can't they use all the money they have to make some counter-offers and prevent devs to become EGS whores en masse?
This way they get 30% of the money that would otherwise be on a one-way trip into Tim Sweeney's pockets.

Chuck Norris

Augur

This way they get 30% of the money that would otherwise be on a one-way trip into Tim Sweeney's pockets.
I know, but I feel like they are not taking this competition seriously. It's not all about money, but looks too. The fact that you buy a game on Steam that has to lunch through EGS - a game like Sonic that has nothing to do with Epic Games - gives Steam a bad look.

I feel like they are expecting Epic Games to run out of money, but they don't, because they have infinite money in the form of Unreal Engine. At some point, they need to get in the game to and push back against EG's shitty practices.

Chuck Norris

Augur
My point is that Epic Games is determined to punish Steam users in different shapes and forms (Exclusive deals, delayed releases on Steam, taking off popular games like Rocket League and now this shit) and Steam doesn't do anything. That doesn't make me feel good as a Steam user.

Caim

Arcane
At this point the whole image isn't something Steam has to worry about because all the other platforms are either publisher owned (and nobody likes the big publishers), are a punchline amongst gamers (EGS), or have the name of being more niche compared to Steam (GOG). EGS has the name of being an inferior platform, which is more important than whether it actually measures up to Steam or not.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
egssteam.jpg

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron

Juden.
Strange that there are people who still don't get it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom