Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Guys did you see this? Somewhat exciting since any 20-year-old trash is instantly better than anything released these days. Plus Aspyr!! What can go wrong?

Played it on PS2. It was pretty meh then and I can't imagine it's aged well. YMMV

Hell Swarm

Learned
Thinking of dropping 5 monies on Ghost Recon breakpoint. I've wanted it for ages and it seems dumb enough fun for the price. I know Triple A gaming is dead but I miss when you would pick up older titles for dirt cheap, discover you enjoy the series and play through the rest. Now you just get Ubisoft's old catalog you feel dirty buying or 20% off something you wouldn't pay half of that for.

deuxhero

Arcane
Guys did you see this? Somewhat exciting since any 20-year-old trash is instantly better than anything released these days. Plus Aspyr!! What can go wrong?

Played it on PS2. It was pretty meh then and I can't imagine it's aged well. YMMV

PS2 was inferior version by far. 30 FPS over GCN's 60 FPS. The real issue was how you couldn't really tell if an enemy had a bounty quickly, and many otherwise normal looking enemies had bounties. This was an issue because the dead or alive status was permanent.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

PS2 was inferior version by far. 30 FPS over GCN's 60 FPS. The real issue was how you couldn't really tell if an enemy had a bounty quickly, and many otherwise normal looking enemies had bounties. This was an issue because the dead or alive status was permanent.

I don't recall that being a problem. The bigger issue was that it was just a pretty average TPS style thing with a Jango Fett skin. Meh/10.

Falksi

Arcane
Space Harrier fans may enjoy this...

just trying it now, and it's a bit slow for my tastes, but the music is awesome. They've basically ripped Queen's vocal harmonies off, but it works great.

I can't get past the last level in Santa Monica. Why is it so hard :lol:

edit: I got it after exploiting the AI but it sent me to the Osaka ending screen. Might be because it glitched and gave me a blank dialogue prompt and I reloaded the page. I did it again and got sent to Santa Monica. I might be the person that played this the longest now other than the dev.

Last edited:

Bibbimbop

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
I might be the person that played this the longest now other than the dev.

Devs. It takes a village to make a black girl game

Screenshot-20240701-195652.png

And you probably played more than all of them combined.

Latelistener

Arcane
Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess got a demo:

Regarding the sale, there are some good discounts:
It's probably worth it to purchase and then wait for good discounts on DLC and buy them through this bundle, but mods will probably work without them (?): https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/11256/Arma_3_Ultimate_Edition/
You either buy GOTY and get another 30% above those 90% on the base game through that bundle: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/12261/Frostpunk_Game_of_the_Year_Edition/

Or buy the base game and wait for better discounts on the DLC: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/11780/Frostpunk_Season_Pass/
Ubisoft games have some deep new historical lows:

Hell Swarm

Learned
I can't figure out what I need to buy to get just Hitman 3. I own 1 and 2 and I'd buy 3 at a dirty cheap price but I can't figure it out. Gamepass for Hitman I guess?
Ghost Recon Breakpoin is 85% off (I recommend trying out Operation Motherland): https://store.steampowered.com/app/2231380/Tom_Clancys_Ghost_Recon_Breakpoint/
I bought this and couldn't get into it. It's too autistic for it's own good. They took The Division and upped the damage. It's a fun idea to division in the jungle but it's just so full of confusing systems. Even finding missions to do is like 5 different options barely explained at you and that's without DLC telling me their's new stuff. I'd also like to know who thought we needed 60 different triggers to customise the gun. Triggers aren't that important bro, have like 3-4 custom options and make meaningful changes so I know WTF I'm buying. Some people will really love this game but I don't have the patients to break into it. I'd rather play far cry for fucking around in the Jungle.

Absolute must-have if you enjoy corky early 2000s shooters.

This looks amazing. Thank you for the recommendation. Buying it ASAP.

Any good lists for super cheap games worth buying out there? Too many are full of journo games I don't want to know exist let alone play

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom