Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I got The Last Express on GOG.com (lol) and LA Noire on Steam. I played a game of The Last Express and got caught by the police and quit, but I plan on giving it a serious try. Will probably start with LA Noire soon since I'm max level in SWTOR in a day or two.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Oh wow, I just met Eye of Cthulchu ~ HAHAHAHAHAH fuck. I was considering buying grenades as I tossed my boomerang at the bastard who simply passed through my walls. MY GODDAMN MONEY IS IN THE FUCKING CHEST UPSTAIRS. I fought my way up. grabbed 4 gold and quickly bought grenades, only to blow up myself in the process when he switched to his jaws of doom mode and attempted to swallow me whole at 50% HP. Bastard...I'll...fucking be ready for you next time, you bastard... Note to self: flatten the whole fucking terrain, and boomerang his fucking mouth to oblivion.

02.jpg

garren

Arcane
Patron
Holy shit, clearing your internet cache deletes all your machinarium save games too. What the fuck? Just lost all my progress.

I AM VERY BUTTHURT ABOUT THIS ISSUE

:x :rage:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Halfway through Duke Nukem Forever and I'm honestly wondering whether I got my one dollar's worth that I paid for it. Wow. I could over look the obvious consolization if this game actually had first person shooter content. Steam says I have 3.7 hours played and I'd say maybe an hour of that is me actually shooting at things. The other time is racing in cars, doing stupid physics puzzles, hunting for items, and just walking around pointless expository story content. If they literally just made 15 maps that were straight up corridors but filled with things to shoot it would be a better game.

RK47

Patron
doom mods > dnf

heck dn3d > it, sad truth.

also- killed the eye on my 2nd attempt b4 heading off to work. Got enough deamon ores to make a bow, or sword, or great axe.

hmm which one is best?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Sword. Anyway, stuff won't last you too long in that game. Hellfire ore is somewhat easy-ish to get.

Majestic47

Learned
With the flying demon and teleporting imp as well as great worms raping me on the thigh and ass ? I seriously doubt it. My run in hell consist of getting in, looking around, fighting imps for 10 mins before a worm raped my butt down to 50 HP and me using a magic mirror to gtfo.

I think this game isn't meant to be soloed >_>

mugarod

Liturgist
Project: Eternity
I cleared most of the content back in 1.06 or previous patch solo with no problem just by finding dark lance in hell which made all other weapons obsolete. Usually after you manage to kill a boss and make shadow armour from his drops most of bosses at that lvl become pushovers. I havent killed Wall Of Flesh yet but I am assuming it works the same way for those next lvl bosses as well. Kill 1 enough times to get armor and the rest is push over.

Ashery

Prophet
It's definitely possible to solo (Hell, I made a significant amount of progress on hardcore a couple patches back), but it requires prior knowledge.

I'm surprised you didn't die the moment you got into hell if you were barely able to beat the eye. If you've got a grappling hook, your best bet is probably to go clear some corruption/break some orbs. Demon bow + unholy arrows (Should've gotten some from the eye) will absolutely destroy the worm with good positioning. After that, you can go mine the meteors and start checking for floating islands.

Damn it, now I feel like playing but I've been avoiding installing Steam until I wipe my old hd.

Majestic47

Learned
i wonder what are those....uh...weird looking claw thing sticking from the ground. everytime i hold shift, it goes to my iron hammer. I'd hit it. but it took out half my hp. what is that thing?

Multi-headed Cow

Demon altars, they're used for crafting a few specific things.

Majestic47

Learned
ahh...damn game should give me some info or something. I really want to avoid reading guides, but sometimes I just don't know what items do. And the crafting discovery system kinda suck. How can I not know what to make, until i get the items in my inventory AND stand at the right crafting station?

mugarod

Liturgist
Project: Eternity
Check with guide. Just drop ingredients to him and he will tell you what you can make out of it.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Yeah, it took me a few hours to realize the guide actually had an use other than letting monsters into my house.

RK47

Patron
Anynone has a terraria coupon? i'll give u uh..50% off Valve and -50% off FrozenSynapse if you do! I think I wanna get a friend into this.

Bruticis

GreenManGaming has Space Marine for just $12.50, it's a steam key so I finally bit on it for that price.

Angthoron

Arcane
Also Weekend Deal, 50% off Age of Empires 3 Complete.

Is that thing worth getting? I liked the previous ones.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom