Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I AM MATCHING SO MANY GEMS YOU GUYS

$5 for Bejewled is overpriced! Pretty funny its base price is higher than Plants vs. Zombies.

Multi-headed Cow

I don't deny it, but I won't deny that THE GAME IS GODDAMN FANTASTIC EITHER UNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH SO MANY GEMS

anus_pounder

Arcane
i got a session running with ashery daily...but hell, i dunno ur waking hours. i'm available 1900 - 2359 GMT+8
Europeans hour may be difficult.

But don't worry 18 year old boy, I'll hold your hand. :)

:x Well. Horse-Cock! Looks like I won't be able to make it. You're available at around 2-7AM where I am (GMT) :(

Majestic47

Learned
ah, grab hamachi. it's easier to setup a game when connected with hamachi. Ashery had a lot of headache to setup a server, we can skip the trouble if we use hamachi instead.

Ashery

Prophet
Nah, I didn't have that much of a headache. The problem was my shitty router wouldn't let me open the default port for some reason and it took me a bit to figure that out.

I might be able to start another game as well, but I've already moved two characters (SP and multi with 47) all the way to mythral gear, so I'm a wee bit burned out.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Weekend deal is Derpspace 1 and 2 -- $5 each if you love 'dem console shooters.

Multi-headed Cow

Played 1 for the first time recently and had a really good time with it. Assuming 2 is more of the same, they're both well worth it if you want some space action shooters. Not much for horror since you'll get tons and tons of ammo and health kits, but maybe it's scarier on hard. I just went through on normal and had a fun time.

Also, free Nation Red weekend and 75% off sale. I HIGHLY recommend trying it out, really entertaining score attack arcade murderfest that they've patched the shit out of. I've racked up a good 22 hours on it.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Dead Space should be played on Hard. I played the first 2 levels on Nornal and quicky restarted in Hard mode because it was so easy. You won't get as much drops from monsters at that difficulty, and unless manage things carefully you'll likely run out of ammo fast. Helps immensely to get the "survival" part right.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
You can play Nation Red for free this weekend. Horrible marketing move, since I played it for like 3 hours and already done everything in the game, so there is no reason to buy it now.

Still, is a very short but fun game and the multiplayer is nice, if anyone wanna go for a round just say it, my username is felipepepe.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Eh... Nation Red isn't really about the missions, it's more about score attack, survival, on-line co-op, etc. I have 40ish hours sunk into it. You can no sooner 'finish' it then you can a game like Pac-Man.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Eh... Nation Red isn't really about the missions, it's more about score attack, survival, on-line co-op, etc. I have 40ish hours sunk into it. You can no sooner 'finish' it then you can a game like Pac-Man.
I know, but if you are not into grinding like that the game wears out very fast. I was happy playing it, I am proud of getting 32% of the achievments and reaching wave 23 on the Farms in co-op, but once the free time is over I have no intenition of ever looking back.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's not really grinding. Would you consider playing chess or baseball or air hockey multiple times 'grinding?' It's just a casual game people can go back to from time to time if they feel like shooting zombies~

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
You can preorder Darkness 2 at Green Man Gaming for $38 (24% off) -- activates on Steam.

Multi-headed Cow

If you like dumb run and gun FPS where you get locked in a box and have to shoot everything to advance, yeah. There is something to be said for the Skyway complaint of boring level design (Advance, get sealed in an arena, fight until everything's dead, advance) and mostly samey enemies, but I still had a hell of a good time with it.

The real question is Painkiller complete worth $5, instead of just Painkiller Black for $2.50. The original Painkiller and the expansion are generally considered the best, which is Painkiller Black. The others are usually considered shit. $2.50 would be your BEST option, $5 would only be if you're a completionist and want the whole set, even if you never beat them.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Painkiller is cool; eat some of it if you want to shoot things dead. Only played the Black edition, and didn't touch the others. I just know they were made by third-party developpers and had rather bad reviews.

Satan

Educated
Flatout series on a sale. It is my favourite arcade car game, so I recommend it. Though don't buy Fallout 3 - everyone agree that it is a piece of crap. Buy ultimate carnage and - if you also wish - Flatout 1 & 2.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Painkiller is terrible. I'd say MHC is about right in his description, except I don't understand how that leads to fun. It's like Duke Nukem or Serious Sam but without the open levels of the first and with less speed, enemies and feedback than the latter.

I love Duke Nukem but I couldn't stand Painkiller.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Thanks for the comments. I ended buying Painkiller, and the Black Edition is not that bad.

Much love for my Codex bros.

:nohomo:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom