Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Multi-headed Cow

SPAZ is up on The Steams for 60% off, at $4. If some bro wants it I've also got a 50% off coupon to knock it down to $2.

So in other words: interesting class system, completely let down by fighting the same enemies the whole game a la korean MMO grinder.

Yes. I've always described Titan Quest as 'soulless.' The class system is terrific as are the abilities and it allows for a lot of complimentary builds in co-op. Unfortunately, the game itself is bland and consists of little more than vast open spaces filled with dozens upon dozens of simplistic monsters. No atmosphere or much of a challenge at all. Save the $5 and put it towards Torchlight 2.

I thought so too. Then I replayed it with a 5x monsters mod and it was MUCH better. The biggest problem is that in most areas you have a max of around 5 or 6 enemies at a time. That's fine if its a Diablo 1 style game, but Diablo 2 style is all about having 50 enemies on the screen and barely surviving while blowing 20 up with every attack. This also makes the game significantly more difficult, which is much needed.

Still a really drawn out game though, but I use speed hacks on most every game and set things to 1.5x speed or so. I also would never replay the same character on a higher difficulty, but I never had the patience to do that with Diablo 1/2 either so take that for what its worth.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's started -- but it's $13.50ish versus $10. I opted for Dead Island for $10 via New Egg, instead.

Multi-headed Cow

Eh. Broke down and bought it at that price. Small enough difference I won't worry about it since I like that style of game anyway. They had the deluxe edition for the same $13.50 price, however it looks like you don't get FE and SE on your Steam account, and they don't show up on your Getgamesgo purchase list. Sent 'em a support ticket, mainly hoping for them to appear on Steam since, well, Steam, but if they gimme downloadable copies from Getgamesgo that's still better than me digging for my CDs if I ever wanna play the non-HD versions again for wacky gravity.

Multi-headed Cow

Haven't played it yet, but I'd be willing to bet it's shit just like DNF.

Fortunately DNF entered in to the rare zone of "So bad it's fun to laugh at it" for me, the only game to do so (As far as I can remember) apart from Dragon Age 2. I'll probably enjoy this. Your mileage may vary of course.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's three hours max and has driving sequences as long as the main game. I'd play it for free but not going to pay for it... even as little as $2.50.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Picked up Dawn of War II: Retribution and the Space Marine game (primarily for the multiplayer; and also from another site for cheaper). There are rumors that THQ is in serious trouble and I really do not doubt it. I just hope Relic makes it out okay as they make some damn good RTS's.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
I just saw that Shatter is on sale on a daily deal on Steam,for those who have never heard of it,it's a modern day arcanoid with new mechanics,bosses and a great soundtrack,definetely worth the money.:thumbsup:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Four Steamworks titles going on sale at Amazon (U.S. only) Digital Download tomorrow:

Call of Derpies: Modern Whorefare 2 - $5
Dungeon Derpfenders - $3
Borderlands GOTY - $7 (contains SecuRom)
Magicka Collection - $5

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Four Steamworks titles going on sale at Amazon (U.S. only) Digital Download tomorrow:

Call of Derpies: Modern Whorefare 2 - $5
Dungeon Derpfenders - $3
Borderlands GOTY - $7 (contains SecuRom)
Magicka Collection - $5
How do you know in advance about this sales?

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Magicka is down to $2.49. The complete Magicka Collection @ $6.24. Is it worth the money? Did the bugs were fixed?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom