Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Magicka is down to $2.49. The complete Magicka Collection @ $6.24. Is it worth the money? Did the bugs were fixed?
It's a very fun game man, thought a little unbalanced, it's definetly worth playing.

I didn't get any bug at all while playing, so I imagine they fixed.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Alan Wake finally got release for the PC but don't buy it through Steam -- Green Man Gaming has a 33% voucher you can use to get it for $20 (not that I'm paying that either) and it's a Steamworks title.

Deleted member 7219

I really liked Alan Wake. Combat is basically the same throughout (aim flashlight, fire gun, run until your flashlight is recharged, repeat), but the story is pretty cool and the environments are just amazing. Very creepy atmosphere.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Personally I've never played or really heard about the game prior to a couple of months ago. Despite the criticism it's still on my: to buy at 75% discount list. Unless one of you tells me it has no more than four or five hours of game play in which case I'll cross it off completely.

Multi-headed Cow

Unfortunately the survival mode for MW3 isn't in the free weekend, so... Damn. That was the main thing I was curious to look at. Cursory glance at the MP so far confirms that yup, it's a Call of Duty game's multiplayer. Even though I like CoD MP I'm not too keen on buying it yet again, even though ruskie keys can be had for $20.

Repressed Homosexual
I think Alan Wake is far longer.

I got quite a shock while playing it after not playing these sorts of games for a very long while. A bit like Morgoth said, it's slow, repetitive, makes you fight against very few enemies that pose no challenge at all so that it can be easily played by console gamers with a gamepad, you don't spend 20 seconds without getting a hint of some sort or being interrupted, you're always told what to do and where (and there's a radar to guide you)... this is Max Payne with a Twin Peaks coat of pain done wrong.

The story, setting and characters are indeed cool along with the atmosphere and most of the environments, but there's so much blur everywhere that you can barely see what's going on.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Unfortunately the survival mode for MW3 isn't in the free weekend, so... Damn. That was the main thing I was curious to look at. Cursory glance at the MP so far confirms that yup, it's a Call of Duty game's multiplayer. Even though I like CoD MP I'm not too keen on buying it yet again, even though ruskie keys can be had for $20.
yes indeed, modern warfare looks very modern warfare :M

I doubt they will add anything significant to their game as long as it sells so amazingly while they are just pretty much copy-paste all the content.

Repressed Homosexual
So I completed Alan Wake PC in one sitting. Boy, I grew so tired of the repetitive fights with the same 2-3 enemies, and especially of how slow Alan is, and how impossible it is to run past enemies. The crows are the worst enemies ever, they barely damage you, they're never a treat. The last part of the game goes on and on forever. The ending makes no sense at all. Very disappointed with the game's Gears of War-like structure. Still a better game than average (worth it for the fantastic environments), but very forgettable in comparison to Max Payne.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Wolfenstein @ $4.99. I remember having a more or less fun romp in Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Is this new version any good? I mean, for 4.99. Discuss!!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's shit. Regenerating health, about six to ten hours long, and a shitty super power mechanic that turns your screen various shades of fluorescent vomit:

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I had some fun with it but it's nothing terribly special. If you want a decent shooter to spend a week-end with, go for it, but you probably won't want to replay it often, if at all.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
If you insist on buying it, this is the only worthwhile way to play:

Multi-headed Cow

BROS got an exta copy of the following videogames. Yell at me if you want 'em, preferably one per customer, but after telling me the main one you want mention whatever else you want in case nobody else swoops in to get it.

Xotic
Beep
The Ball
Hacker Evolution
Anomaly + Edge + Osmos bundle
Toki Tori

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Playing Wasteland Angel right now -- pretty fun driving/shoot 'em up. Do yourself a favor and use a game pad.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
BROS got an exta copy of the following videogames. Yell at me if you want 'em, preferably one per customer, but after telling me the main one you want mention whatever else you want in case nobody else swoops in to get it.

Xotic
Beep
The Ball
Hacker Evolution
Anomaly + Edge + Osmos bundle
Toki Tori

I wouldn't mind Xotic, but I'm not terribly picky about it so if someone else really want it, I'm happy to leave it. Else I'm also mildly interested in The Ball as well, but again I'll leave it to someone who desperately want it.

Multi-headed Cow

Konjad earmarked for the Ball and/or Beep, but he also said he's trying to buy the bundle himself so I'll hang on to 'em in case he can't get in.

Gragt earmarked for Xotic (If someone reeeally wants it I guess) and/or the Ball (If Konjad can get the bundle)

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It'll be up for two weeks but... no surprise their servers are still crappy. For anyone that's interested in multiple games from it, remember, the minimum is only $1. I considered Xotic and Wasteland Angel during the Steam Holiday sale but said... nah... wait for a bundle! At the rate these bundles keep popping up and burning through indie games there's basically no reason to not wait for a bundle.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Konjad earmarked for the Ball and/or Beep, but he also said he's trying to buy the bundle himself so I'll hang on to 'em in case he can't get in.

Gragt earmarked for Xotic (If someone reeeally wants it I guess) and/or the Ball (If Konjad can get the bundle)
The page finally loaded and I bought that bundle. Give these games to someone else. Thanks for keeping them for me though :love:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom