Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Paradox sale.

191px-ssfylasongs5jdb7njzzs6sdplysmfe.jpg
191px-88msfx4anyr77otipisgq8gmyerwvnp.jpg
191px-9sy8gge18effwxaa7vwioh7dmliurf1.jpg

I'm familiar with table top Battletech, back when they mechs stole from other IP, like Macross.
Battletech below $10 for me, worth it? All those DLCs though.
https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Land_Air_'Mech

Last edited:
of course it's been asked a thousand times already: which key sellers site do you trust? i bought two from cdkeys.com, one went in perfectly while the other had some issue but it's been fixed in a week or two. now i had my eyes on this https://www.kinguin.net/category/19603/civilization-beyond-earth-a-the-collection-steam-cd-key because some of you dorks had me curious about the codex mod (aptly named) which should turn it into a good game or even better than that someone swears.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
I wouldn't trust G2A and Kinguin, or any kind of marketplace where you buy stuffs from other people and not the place themselves. Hell you have to pay protection fee so when you get scammed you get proper support, how about I use that protection money on a verified retailer?

But I'd say cdkeys is "safe". They're not authorized seller sure, but they only sell retail codes from boxes. I know a seller in my country who's still doing that too and there's really nothing sketchy about his operation, it's just that he managed to get bulk box copies in Russia and sell codes cheaper. Wouldn't recommend cdkeys over authorized seller, but IMO they're way more trustworthy than G2A/Kinguin.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
how about I use that protection money on a verified retailer?
the verified retailer says "give me 70 euros for a 5 years old certified piece of shit game which in a normal world you'd have picked from a bargain bin for 2 euros". how about no?
You could wait for a sale. The lowest it went on Steam is around $14.99 (75% off?), while the lowest price @ the link you provided is just a bit lower than that.

Although I don't understand why would you spend money on a 'certified piece of shit' instead of buying a game that you might actually enjoy.

because 15 euros is just the upper limit for the complete package and not the base game, and that's already about 3 times more than i should spend.
sure, tell me which is the game that i might actually enjoy. please do. because i have absolutely no idea, i'm definitely not so out of options that i have to have hope into a mod for a crap old game to get some entertainment.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Bought dozens of games and DLCs on Kinguin. Bought multiple gifts for friends also. Never ever had a problem, a delay longer than a few minutes or any kind of bulshitting on their part. I always remove their insurance fee and still, the one and only time I waited 10 minutes for the key to be delivered, they immediately answered my mail and solicited the seller.

Afaik, the whole "games bought with stolen credit" was an inflated bullshit which only really happened on a couple sites. The majority of those key? They come from mass sales of keys that developers directly agree with, some on the false assumption that they will be sold at the same price as they are on steam. Some of them, a bit more business savvy, understand how having a few thousand cheap keys sold by those sites actually helps you in the long run, exactly like piracy in the end helped some games that would otherwise never have been known.

In any case, this is just my 2 cents. The only thing I'd like to state over and over is that I've been buying from kinguin for the last 5 years, multiple times, without ever incurring in any kind of problem.

Bought dozens of games and DLCs on Kinguin. Bought multiple gifts for friends also. Never ever had a problem, a delay longer than a few minutes or any kind of bulshitting on their part. I always remove their insurance fee and still, the one and only time I waited 10 minutes for the key to be delivered, they immediately answered my mail and solicited the seller.

Afaik, the whole "games bought with stolen credit" was an inflated bullshit which only really happened on a couple sites. The majority of those key? They come from mass sales of keys that developers directly agree with, some on the false assumption that they will be sold at the same price as they are on steam. Some of them, a bit more business savvy, understand how having a few thousand cheap keys sold by those sites actually helps you in the long run, exactly like piracy in the end helped some games that would otherwise never have been known.

In any case, this is just my 2 cents. The only thing I'd like to state over and over is that I've been buying from kinguin for the last 5 years, multiple times, without ever incurring in any kind of problem.

I'll second that. I've bought innumerable keys on Kinguin too, and I've never had any problems.

Villagkouras

Arcane
I've bought many times from gamivo.com. Only once the key was revoked (probably due to stolen credit card and chargeback) and they immediately refunded me. No other problem, ever. Just remove the "protection" and of course always use paypal.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've used cdkeys.com

I'm not sure how legit gamersgate and greenmangaming are, but those two can have good prices every now and then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom