Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Apologies if this has been asked but since Red Faction is on sale... is it any good (for a FPS that is)?
Dude, if you can't be bothered to read through the previous 428 pages, I'm not sure your heart is really in it.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
First one was good for what it is, I kind of enjoyed it, but it's pretty old and looks dated now.

Armageddon was a typical mindless CINEMATIC VISCERAL EXXXTREME console shooter.

Never played any of the others.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
I just deleted from my phone just fine. Tablet edition still doesn't have the option...

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
I have the paid edition too...it lets me delete, I see the spanner. Weird.

The phone version is 1.4.3. Tablet is 1.4.0. Seems people are bitching about the phone version being better in the Play store as well. Guess I'll just have to wait for an update.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have the paid edition too...it lets me delete, I see the spanner. Weird.

The phone version is 1.4.3. Tablet is 1.4.0. Seems people are bitching about the phone version being better in the Play store as well. Guess I'll just have to wait for an update.

Wait, are you actually using it on a tablet? Or is it the tablet version on a phone? I don't have a tablet.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Wait, are you actually using it on a tablet? Or is it the tablet version on a phone? I don't have a tablet.

Well derp. I have (supposedly) the same app on my phone and tablet. Community Reader by Tapatalk 4. It used to be 2 separate apps during the beta, one for phones and one for tablets. Now they've made it 1 so you can pay once and use it on everything. But when I open the page on the Play store on the tablet, there's only version 1.4.0 and the interface is completely different. Opening the same page in the store on my phone takes me to 1.4.3.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Apologies if this has been asked but since Red Faction is on sale... is it any good (for a FPS that is)?

Red Faction is good FPS, varied weapons, mostly intelligent enemies, you can blow walls with C4 and go through the holes it makes. The plot is ok, nothing new, but it's coherent and it should keep you interested.
The sequel is horrible, typical console shooter, Jason Statham and Lance Heriksen could voice act in better game.
Guerilla is fun as hell, as long you like to blow everything up. The destructible buildings and side missions focused on that were for me the best part. And it's sandbox, so you can roam free and do whatever you want.
Armageddon is streamlined, linear interpretation of Guerilla. You just move from mission to mission till end. Not bad, but very forgetable.
It's a mixed bag, but for that price, I would take it.

Name

Cipher
Dude, if you can't be bothered to read through the previous 428 pages, I'm not sure your heart is really in it.
:lol:

The first game is a Half-life 1 style shooter, with a MARS MINERS REVOLUTION story and campy sci-fi feel.
The second game actually is set on Earth and has almost nothing to do with other games and it's going total 21st century console shooter.
The third game returns to root but becomes third-person and is total AWESOME for the destruction engine (which is actually also a small feature in the original game to be differentiated from HL1).
The fourth game is a reverse to the third as they add the reconstruction feature (while tuning down the scale of destruction, which is a pity).
And there is a boring Syfy original movie set between third and fourth game to explain some plot points.
I guess that's about the franchise since THQ is dead.

PS. Oh, I vaguely remember there is a console car battle game.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
o7Oq3dN.png

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

If you like FPS games from that era it is a solid one, yes. There is a good mod around that makes it work and look good on modern systems.

I never played the second one. The third one is a weird GTA style game with cool tech behind it, but it's very consolized, so depends on your priorities. The last one is actually kind of a fun bug shooter if you like that sort of thing, and the PC version is better. Nothing great though, I got it for like $7 and had that much fun with it.

Is the E.Y.E divine cybermancy worth 5$? Does it have interesting plot?
"Interesting" is one way to put it. Personally I think the game's atmosphere is great and the dark, strange, convoluted story and characters fit it well, but there are plot points that make little sense at first and the ending may leave you unsatisfied. The English translation is also not stellar IIRC.
I like the gameplay, but there's far too much grind for me. The campaign is meant to be replayed multiple times to get all the upgrades and all the pieces of the plot, but I didn't find the game worth replaying. In the future maybe. I think the main campaign should be far longer, but that's what you get with indies.
Multiplayer could be nice, never tried that though.
I think I got enough fun for €20 and for $5 I undoubtedly recommend it. You should look up for other opinions in older threads.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Quick question,Mars:War Logs is also 50% for a week(10 euros)worth it I should get the not-removed from invenory version?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
As far as actual good games, go, Gothic Universe (1-3) is $5 for the week. Why own the inferior GOG versions when you can own the superior Steam versions!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom