Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The time is now

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
It's been an entire week since I've got to be with my friends in shoutbox. Thats 7 days, or if you wanna get technical that's one hundred and sisxty eight hours i've been without contact of them. And I think you're seeing the negative effects it's been having on me mentally and my livelyhood. I've done served my time and it's time to let me be with my friends again. This gone far enough. Infinitron it's time to let me back in shoutbox. I promise i ain't gonna tell anyone to kill themselves. I'm past that shit. A man learns alot in 7 days. There wont be no fightin. I just want to be with my friends. You can see it's been killing me keeping me away

SumDrunkGuy

Well I didn't get fired. I think some of the people in charge are starting to notice though. Been getting those "looks". Best get my shit together and quick. The anxiety meds help a bit but they make me tired af. It's difficult to work when I'm on them. And I still almost had a panic attack leaving work despite eating 5 of them. Had to quickly slam a couple beers to calm down

Last edited by a moderator:

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I'm no expert but adding pills with your booze just makes it worse. I say I am no expert because I cannot drink much due to being a skeleton man, but I am an expert in drugs.

I have a shitty Discord if you ever need a chat. I just use it for voice and games.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Can confirm mixing booze and pills is a horrible idea, besides being a likely culrprit for side effects include drowsiness you are just going to get yourself hooked on a new combo of narcotics, which defeats part of the purpose you are taking said pills to begin with. Also pretty sure you aint supposed to take antidepressants like they are candy but i aint a kwan doctor.
Addiction is a bitch to fight, for real.

SumDrunkGuy

Can confirm mixing booze and pills is a horrible idea, besides being a likely culrprit for side effects include drowsiness you are just going to get yourself hooked on a new combo of narcotics, which defeats part of the purpose you are taking said pills to begin with. Also pretty sure you aint supposed to take antidepressants like they are candy but i aint a kwan doctor.
Addiction is a bitch to fight, for real.
Bad idea but it feels so gooooood. I don't do it often. When I take the pills I don't drink much. The whole point of librium is to curb anxiety and make you not need to drink and it works most of the time. Every once in a great while I'll mix it with booze for the hell of it. The numbness feels so good, but it doesn't become a habit. I take the pills to not drink 98% of the time.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Bad idea but it feels so gooooood. I don't do it often. When I take the pills I don't drink much. The whole point of librium is to curb anxiety and make you not need to drink and it works most of the time. Every once in a great while I'll mix it with booze for the hell of it. The numbness feels so good, but it doesn't become a habit. I take the pills to not drink 98% of the time.
I have no doubt it feels great, that's what's so insidious.

Even before I looked up what librium is I knew it was going to be some potent shit that messed with your brain wiring and sure enough:
"This medication belongs to a class of drugs called benzodiazepines which act on the brain and nerves (central nervous system) to produce a calming effect. It works by enhancing the effects of a certain natural chemical in the body (GABA)."
"Though it helps many people, this medication may sometimes cause addiction. This risk may be higher if you have a substance use disorder (such as overuse of or addiction to drugs/alcohol). Take this medication exactly as prescribed to lower the risk of addiction. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more details."

Kwa doctors in action, it just seems you are on the road to get hooked on these pills, replacing 1 drug with another AT BEST, but more realistically I fear you are creating a new dependence and the last thing you need is to have your brain rewired to crave something else.

Anyways not trying to be annoying, just pointing out how you are being hooked into another cycle and to be aware of the process to at least have a fighting chance of working through it, trust me when I say i am in no position to lord it over others when it comes to personal health, i have my own substance addition issues which i'm not as public about as you or hando are, but are still very real unfortunately.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
It's been an entire week since I've got to be with my friends in shoutbox. Thats 7 days, or if you wanna get technical that's one hundred and sisxty eight hours i've been without contact of them. And I think you're seeing the negative effects it's been having on me mentally and my livelyhood. I've done served my time and it's time to let me be with my friends again. This gone far enough. Infinitron it's time to let me back in shoutbox. I promise i ain't gonna tell anyone to kill themselves. I'm past that shit. A man learns alot in 7 days. There wont be no fightin. I just want to be with my friends. You can see it's been killing me keeping me away
Have you sincerely apologised to whomever it was you were meant to apologise too yet?

Because the first step towards healing is accepting fault for one's own actions.

DakaSha

Arcane
Have you sincerely apologised to whomever it was you were meant to apologise too yet?

Because the first step towards healing is accepting fault for one's own actions.
Not only has he not sincerely apologized, but he has said he hopes I burn in hell, among other things.
This has caused intense anguish on my part, and without the support of Theo and Atlet, I doubt I would be able to get through this.

SumDrunkGuy

I woke up a half hour ago. The current day is september 21st of 2022. It has now been 3 weeks with no shoutbox access and I am still falling apart. I have apologised, I have ignored, I have reserved a steam deck,I have not gotten fired from my job yet, I have not been interacting with theo and her demon cult. I deserve justice.

When my son was three he went through this phase of shouting “THAT’S! NOT! FAIR!” whenever he didn’t get his way, and I was always like “well you still can’t have ice cream before you eat your broccoli and pasta. Also I’m not sure you understand the concept of fairness, and if you keep yelling at me you’re going to have time-out until you can calm down”.

He got over it by the time he was four and he’s pretty good about cleaning his plate of broccoli now.

Codex Year of the Donut

I accept your apology, SumDrunkGuy
now go to AA you fucking retard

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I just wanna know if the cousin is gonna get fucked or not tbh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom