Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Upcoming Adventure Game Incline Thread

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
(4) In general, Lucas Arts games were easier than other adventure games of the period.

While I agree with this, Fate of Atlantis was the hardest adventure for me. I remember stucking on the single İndie route inside some tomb for nearly a week.
Those were the days.

Last edited:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
OK, just an AGS post but this looks too good to ignore :
TRUTH BE TROLLED

The Story:
When an attempt on her life is made, princess Mirabelle realizes there is no one she can trust. Except, perhaps, a troll. Widely regarded as the missing link between a human and a broom, trolls are the latest fad in the kingdom of Glenmore. Buy a troll egg, boil it, and you get the perfect servant. With their sturdy constitution, efficient brains and none of that “free will” nonsense, trolls make ideal cleaners, cooks and clerks - and, as Mirabelle is out to prove, investigators.
And thus Mirabelle’s troll enters the messy world of humans. He has to search for clues and ask uncomfortable questions, all while being treated as property. He has no power here, but he has a sturdy constitution, an efficient brain, and maybe even a tad more of that "free will" nonsense than anyone suspected. Feathers will be ruffled, secrets uncovered. Truth will be trolled.

Mirabelle's cat is acting suspicious.

Behold the kingdom of Glenmore!

A bit of world-building.

As medieval toilets go, this is a fancy one.

Deep in the forest, in a secluded hut, a man knows what others don't want to know.

The local journalist is all about the naked truth. Expect some cheeky parallaxing.

Features:
  • A fantasy detective story revolving around white lies, sinister truths and the sneaky ways in which we try to control each other. The tone is somewhat comedic, but overall the game takes its plot and characters seriously.
  • Princesses, journalists, voodoo priests, mad scientists and demonic cats! (alright, just one of each of those)
  • 1920x1080 hand-drawn graphics
  • Lots of traditional pointing and clicking – inventory puzzles, branching dialogue, you know the drill

Also:
a 16-direction walkcycle with stopping frames:
truthbetrolled_walking_back.gif
truthbetrolled_walking_66_back.gif
truthbetrolled_walking_45_back.gif
truthbetrolled_walking_22_back.gif
truthbetrolled_walking_side.gif

truthbetrolled_walking_22_front.gif
truthbetrolled_walking_45_front.gif
truthbetrolled_walking_66_front.gif
truthbetrolled_walking_front.gif

Detailed hand-drawn animations + jumping mechanics:
truthbetrolled_sample_animation.gif
truthbetrolled_sample_jump.gif

Development Status
Um... let's say "early stages". After working on this on and off for two years and more or less full-time during COVID, it's clear that I've bitten off more than I can chew by myself in terms of intended production values. So currently the plan is to release a short demo (hopefully by the end of the summer) and then start spamming the recruitment section
smiley16_smiley.png
. Stay tuned!

Last edited:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
The dudes who made Metaphobia shared a trailer for their next game :

Digital Mosaic Games, the creators of Metaphobia are working on Castle Dornstein, an upcoming retro point and click adventure which draws inspiration from '90s adventure game classics as well as traditional gothic literature.

V_K

Arcane
The Medium looks interesting (unless it turns out just a walking sim with a gimmick), but the rest - if those are top 5, I shudder to think what are the bottom ones.

Neuromancer

Augur
I played the demo of Encodiya last year.
It was a childish primitve game pretending to be a serious cyberpunk thriller. Of course it contained lots of Woke stuff as well.
:negative:

Neuromancer

Augur
Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom