Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland The Wasteland 2 Beta Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Wow I didn't know Brian Fargo was gay.:codexisfor:

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
BgT-4GnCcAAdDL-.jpg:large

Fargo's gone to extreme lengths to fund the shipping costs.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
I'm starting to see that inXile's partnership with Deep Silver is kind of.. gone wrong. inXile knows nothing about shipping, they seem to be in the dark in really.. most things that Deep Silver is in charge of.

norolim

Arcane
Man, I sure am glad I backed it during KS. They've just increased the price for Europe on GOG to $72.50, claiming it's the publisher's doing. :retarded:
This is crazy. I'd never buy this game at that price.

Last edited:

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yes, this is getting just ridiculous. Giving spare copies in every kickstarter possible, addons for $20 and now what? 55 euro? Would not be supprised if their sales just flop hard on release.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Man, I sure am glad I backed it during KS. They've just increased the price for Europe on GOG to $72.50, claiming it's the publisher's doing. :retarded:

Yes, this is getting just ridiculous. Giving spare copies in every kickstarter possible, addons for $20 and now what? 55 euro? Would not be supprised if their sales just flop hard on release.

Three words: Digital Deluxe Edition.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

This is too expensive even for that TBH.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Which would be a valid argument if there was a Digital Standard Edition for, say $40.

There will be when the game comes out.

And yeah, I agree that it should have been available for pre-order already. I've talked to Brother None about it, but it seems they want the $60 SKU be the only one for as long as possible.

But the point is it won't have any bearing on the game's sales on release

Last edited:

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
The launch price is $40/€40.

Steam has made changes to its VAT policies over the recent period and it is now subtracted from the listed sale price. VAT goes from I believe a minimum of 19% to about 27% depending on the country. This means subtracting 30% off the USD price to get a EUR price as we did for Digital Deluxe for some time is no longer feasible. Price parity I personally try to aim for within the first world is about 10% variance, which the Euro pricing now slots into when you factor in taxes. Note the pricing for the regular edition we are launching at will match Divinity: Original Sin's across the board.

I don't know what "publisher's doing" means, we don't have a publisher (EDIT: oh I see, Judas said that, referring to us, which would be correct, we're the publisher and we set those prices)

And yeah, I agree that it should have been available for pre-order already. I've talked to Brother None about it, but it seems they want the $60 SKU be the only one for as long as possible.
No, we looked into it, it just wasn't practical/doable. I forget why but we discussed it with Steam and ended up not doing it (not entirely sure if it's even possible, I might misremember but it might not be, different tiers yes, but non-Early Access edition while SEAG is up, probably not). Offering a pre-order for the regular edition on one store but not another is obviously not feasible, so all places that currently have WL2 (Steam, GOG.com, Glyph and Humble Store) all have the digital deluxe, for now.

Last edited:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Well, its currently listed at 26€ on cdkey sites for the european version, and 19€ if you use a russian vpn. At least you guys introduced region lock for russian version, something which D:OS failed to do, game was dirt cheap at release.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Well, its currently listed at 26€ on cdkey sites for the european version, and 19€ if you use a russian vpn. At least you guys introduced region lock for russian version, something which D:OS failed to do, game was dirt cheap at release.
I really wish we didn't have to but yes, CD key reselling is so prevalent now you're given two options, screw Russians over by making it unaffordable for them and they'll all just pirate it, or region lock it. I hope we find a better solution for CD key reselling at some point, it's becoming a real problem as digital retail grows, and any answer to it will end up being consumer-unfriendly. I don't exactly blame people who use key resellers but in the long haul it's only going to come back to screw over consumers.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I really wish we didn't have to but yes, CD key reselling is so prevalent now you're given two options, screw Russians over by making it unaffordable for them and they'll all just pirate it, or region lock it. I hope we find a better solution for CD key reselling at some point, it's becoming a real problem as digital retail grows, and any answer to it will end up being consumer-unfriendly. I don't exactly blame people who use key resellers but in the long haul it's only going to come back to screw over consumers.

How is region locking bad for the Russians and consumer-unfriendly? Maybe I'm missing something but couldn't the Ruskis care less about the lock? It's not like majoity of them would wanna buy the dearer American or European versions anyway. And how is it unfriendly to the Westerners? The lock doesn't affect the prices of their versions. As I see it it's pretty much the only possible solution of the relative buying powers around the world.

Selling the games in Russia and other shitholes for 50 euro, now that would be consumer-unfriendly.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
How is region locking bad for the Russians and consumer-unfriendly? Maybe I'm missing something but couldn't the Ruskis care less about the lock? It's not like majoity of them would wanna buy the dearer American or European versions anyway. And how is it unfriendly to the Westerners? The lock doesn't affect the prices of their versions. As I see it it's pretty much the only possible solution of the relative buying powers around the world.
It's not super-unfriendly (and definitely better than the alternative), the main group it hits are key re-sellers and people buying from that (which I wouldn't advise, when Steam spots them they deactive the keys and they've been getting more aggressive about that). Still it is a bit annoying that when you move or travel a lot region lock restricts you. We're willing to help legitimate customers who run into that problem though.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Selling the games in Russia and other shitholes for 50 euro, now that would be consumer-unfriendly.
But everybody forgets that there are countries in the european union, which are on the level of Russia economically, and financially, yet we have to buy games on British prices. So fuck region lock, I would buy the cheap Russian game (if I wouldn't have pledged of course).

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
But everybody forgets that there are countries in the european union, which are on the level of Russia economically, and financially, yet we have to buy games on British prices. So fuck region lock, I would buy the cheap Russian game (if I wouldn't have pledged of course).

Exactly this. The buying power in, say, Slovakia or Poland is a bit higher but it's not like the gamers in those countries drive Phantoms and dine at Ramsay's. 50 euro for a German nerd is significantly lesser problem than for a potato nerd.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom