Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Wayward Realms - upcoming Daggerfall-like RPG from original Elder Scrolls developers

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I haven't seen anything to suggest Zaric has an official role in the company.

In the QA video Ted said he is discussing ideas with Zaric, that's why in Discord he has been given 'High Council' position.
I've seen him in the Discord. "Discussing ideas with" could mean he's a paid consultant, but it could also be something quite informal. I'd be surprised if he were on the payroll if he were only there to bounce ideas off of.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I haven't seen anything to suggest Zaric has an official role in the company.

In the QA video Ted said he is discussing ideas with Zaric, that's why in Discord he has been given 'High Council' position.
I've seen him in the Discord. "Discussing ideas with" could mean he's a paid consultant, but it could also be something quite informal. I'd be surprised if he were on the payroll if he were only there to bounce ideas off of.

He most likely is not on any payroll, just like the daggerfall unity modders who are just helping, as he is a gamer that played all elder scrolls, he is just helping bouncing ideas, but it can effect in them implemeting things like for example having hit chance or always hitting etc, and both of them (Indigio and Zaric) liking more Daggerfall than Skyrim or Oblivion, brings a higher chance of having a real RPG and not Todds Elder Scrolls.

That's why i'm kind of optimistic about this and not worrying about the Discord dumb$##$@ who want another Skyrim.

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
5 days, i'm starting to have doubts, the devs have dissapeared from discord....... either they are working hard on this, or it will be cancelled.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I'm all in. Ju-li-an! Ju-li-an!
Julianos!

DF-sign-School_of_Julianos.png

DF-npc-Julianos_Statue.png

Julianos (God of Wisdom and Logic): Often associated with Jhunal, the Nordic father of language and mathematics, Julianos is the Cyrodilic god of literature, law, history, and contradiction. Monastic orders founded by Tiber Septim and dedicated to Julianos are the keepers of the Elder Scrolls.
- Varieties of Faith, TES III: Morrowind
Seven of the eight divines were named after real people, including Julianos for Daggerfall project leader Julian LeFay. +M

Harthwain

Magister
I could be missing something, but why are you expecting the announcement to be earlier than the countdown itself?

LudensCogitet

Learned
I could be missing something, but why are you expecting the announcement to be earlier than the countdown itself?
Apparently there was supposed to be an announcement by the end of the year. The countdown in the thread has just been counting down the days left in the year.

So they only have 2 more days to make an announcement before they fail to do what they said they'd do.

Which is something developers seem far too comfortable with.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom