Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Wayward Realms - upcoming Daggerfall-like RPG from original Elder Scrolls developers

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
More of Tedders

9BwwPzl.jpg

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
Looks quite generic with a hint of DA:I overdecorated style. That mountain/dungeon looked promising though.

Daggerfall in that sense is also pretty generic, they are making a medieval high fantasy, so don't expect setting like morrowind, but more like kingdom come.
Except KCD is everything but generic. It's virtually the only game that actually looks like middle ages without all the ridiculous fantasy decor. Well, at least since around Darklands.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Looks quite generic with a hint of DA:I overdecorated style. That mountain/dungeon looked promising though.

Daggerfall in that sense is also pretty generic, they are making a medieval high fantasy, so don't expect setting like morrowind, but more like kingdom come.
Except KCD is everything but generic. It's virtually the only game that actually looks like middle ages without all the ridiculous fantasy decor.

middle ages = generic

generic fantasy = dragons, orcs etc in a medieval setting

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
More of Tedders

9BwwPzl.jpg

Well shit, Oblivion combat almost confirmed there.

Someone, get there and convince him otherwise...

Skill -> to-hit chance -> different directional attacks to better counter different resistances -> add in more animated responses to hits and misses to mitigate the ”swish-swish-swish” he’s talking about.

Delterius

Arcane
meh

its an action rpg

just add physics emulation according to your stats

character too tall and heavy? knockbacks are less likely

higher sword skill and strength? put some actual weight to your attacks

higher athletics? you can charge with more strength and speed

etc etc

i call it: beyond dark messiah's kicks to the spiky wall

You have to be careful with "Strength stat increases damage". This kind of thing can easily ruin games. Imagine you create an intricate combat system requiring skill. Now imagine a guy with 1000 strength can just walk in and one shot any enemy. Combat system destroyed...

Delterius

Arcane
You have to be careful with "Strength stat increases damage". This kind of thing can easily ruin games. Imagine you create an intricate combat system requiring skill. Now imagine a guy with 1000 strength can just walk in and one shot any enemy. Combat system destroyed...
the morrowind experience

chug potions until you can hit dagoth ur to another plane of existence

HoboForEternity

LIBERAL PROPAGANDIST
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
the morrowind experience

Dagoth : i'm a God, how can you kill a god?

Nerevar: hold my beer while i chug this potions

Delterius

Arcane
the morrowind experience

Dagoth : i'm a God, how can you kill a god?

Nerevar: hold my beer while i chug this potions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gON5k2kw3as&t=3m57s

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
More of Tedders

9BwwPzl.jpg

Well shit, Oblivion combat almost confirmed there.

Someone, get there and convince him otherwise...

Skill -> to-hit chance -> different directional attacks to better counter different resistances -> add in more animated responses to hits and misses to mitigate the ”swish-swish-swish” he’s talking about.

You have to go through hordes of oblivion and skyrim lovers first though, a quest dire in itself indeed.

Luckily the 2 guys that are giving them ideas (indigo gaming and zaric) are rpg nerds, so maybe there is a chance.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
akshually when you think about it, it's pretty much the same, just different side of a coin.

With low weapon skill you'd miss but do full damage at a blow..... what they want to do is hitting all time, but dealing low damage at a blow, in essence if you would hit 10 times for example you would do the same damage as if you would hit once with a weapon, and 1 in 10 times you would most likely hit with a weapon.
So it's pretty much the same as missing, it's just other way of looking at it.

It seems they want to get Skyrim crowd which don't like missing, it's a good way to tricking them to play, because the end effect is the same but they won't complain that they are missing.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
He liked Gothic's combat and skill progression when I asked him. I think these old fudds had already decided on the game they want, good or bad, and the server is for nothing but establishing an audience of fangirls. But I won't take anything for granted, of course.

That post was 2 months ago.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
He liked Gothic's combat and skill progression when I asked him. I think these old fudds had already decided on the game they want, good or bad, and the server is for nothing but establishing an audience of fangirls. But I won't take anything for granted, of course.

Most likely, if they are consulting ideas they are doing it with Indigo gaming and Zaric (two of them are talking with each other)

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Everybody says they have special knowledge. Nerds love saying shit like that. Maybe he does know what skill prog and combat are going to be.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
If they can stick to their goals and avoid feature creep like unlike Star Citizen, this might turn out bretty gud :shittydog:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom