Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition

Modron

Arcane
This is an argument cucks use for shit games. Judging a piece of work as a whole means experiencing all it gives you in at least a single playthrough. Skipping content, modding games, etc. is not a fair analysis.
You have to do everything 6 more times before you can judge a game.

Sweeper

Arcane
Fuckin' downright amazing how retarded the motivation and reasoning of characters in Reason of State is.
Thaler and Roche are willing to assassinate the one man who's capable of standing up to Nilfgaard (the reason Temeria no longer exists), but not only that, they actually think that turning Temeria into a vassal state of Nilfgaard is the best option. They'll have their own courts, their army, surrounded by an empire that dwarfs their shitty little kingdom on all sides. With patriots like that you don't need any enemies.
Dijkstra on the other hand might be even more retarded, expecting that Geralt would just allow him to kill Roche and Ves (who actually went to Kaer Morhen to help with the Wild Hunt), or if not, his henchmen would be enough to finish off a fucking superhuman mutant in a swordfight. A real motherfucking genius that guy.

I now have a much better understanding of why the Poles have fared through out history as they have, they have no understanding of politics.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Thaler and Roche are willing to assassinate the one man who's capable of standing up to Nilfgaard (the reason Temeria no longer exists), but not only that, they actually think that turning Temeria into a vassal state of Nilfgaard is the best option. They'll have their own courts, their army, surrounded by an empire that dwarfs their shitty little kingdom on all sides. With patriots like that you don't need any enemies.
I also had no idea why they suddenly trusted Nilfgaard to stick to that agreement, after they disposed of Radovid.

The empire already controls all of Temeria, their only remaining enemy (Radovid) is now gone, Roche has no leverage whatsoever...

9ted6

Educated
I now have a much better understanding of why the Poles have fared through out history as they have, they have no understanding of politics.
GRRM did worldbuilding and politics better than Witcherman and that's really saying something.

they actually think that turning Temeria into a vassal state of Nilfgaard is the best option. They'll have their own courts, their army, surrounded by an empire that dwarfs their shitty little kingdom on all sides. With patriots like that you don't need any enemies.
Toussaint seems to be very autonomous despite not being militarily powerful, so Nilfgaard allowing some
independency for their provinces isn't unprecedented. Besides they install Foltest's mistress and presumably his bastard child as vassal rulers, which follows part of Roche's aims in the second game, while Dijkstra would just directly absorb Temeria into his Redania as a dictator. So at least Roche's choices aren't entirely nonsensical.

Of course, the whole setup for the questline is very sloppy anyway, with Natalis disappearing and Radovid suddenly going insane in a few months since the ending of Witcher 2.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Radovid suddenly going insane in a few months since the ending of Witcher 2.
Wouldn't it be supremely ironic if it was revealed that the Witcher 3 Radovid is actually a changeling/vampire/sorcerer who replaced the real Radovid, and that's why he's completely different all of a sudden?

Sweeper

Arcane
Wouldn't it be supremely ironic if it was revealed that the Witcher 3 Radovid is actually a changeling/vampire/sorcerer who replaced the real Radovid, and that's why he's completely different all of a sudden?
You keep on talking like that and CDPR just might hire you as lead scribbler.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
They would never do that, because changelings are oppressed minorities and can never be portrayed as evil, lest the mean paranoid witch-hunters and Eternal Fire priests be proven to have been right all along.

9ted6

Educated
They would never do that, because changelings are oppressed minorities and can never be portrayed as evil, lest the mean paranoid witch-hunters and Eternal Fire priests be proven to have been right all along.
Once they reveal The Fire Is Female then we'll be told that the church was good all along and was merely hijacked by the patriarchy.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt

Fuckin' downright amazing how retarded the motivation and reasoning of characters in Reason of State is.
Dijkstra on the other hand might be even more retarded, expecting that Geralt would just allow him to kill Roche and Ves (who actually went to Kaer Morhen to help with the Wild Hunt), or if not, his henchmen would be enough to finish off a fucking superhuman mutant in a swordfight. A real motherfucking genius that guy.

Reasons of State is sadly an hasty last minute rewrite. The assassination of Radovid was part of a chain of multiple quests that got cut in late 2014, and this quest got screwed as a consequences. It should've been cut too.

Gerrard

Arcane
GRRM did worldbuilding and politics better than Witcherman and that's really saying something.
You have already proven multiple times that you're functionally illiterate, so I would suggest shutting the fuck up.

Sweeper

Arcane
Hearts of Stone
:5/5:
From start to finish it's sublime perfection. I'll go so far as to say that in storyfaggotry terms it might be the best experience vidya has to offer, or if not it's near the top for sure.
It's just a shame you have to play the rest of the game in order to reach it.
Now that I think about it, the disparity between the quality of the main game in Witcher 3 and a small several hour long DLC might be the greatest I can think of... It's like a modern NWN2.

For some reason I felt like replaying TW3 (well, I never finished it before). This is the first time on the next gen update, and I can't figure out how to fix the absurdly awful mouse acceleration. All google results say that turning on hardware cursor fixes it, and I recall that working before, but it doesn't do shit now.

Any solutions?

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Hearts of Stone
From start to finish it's sublime perfection. I'll go so far as to say that in storyfaggotry terms it might be the best experience vidya has to offer, or if not it's near the top for sure.
Now that I think about it, the disparity between the quality of the main game in Witcher 3 and a small several hour long DLC might be the greatest I can think of... It's like a modern NWN2.
Hearts of Stone is proof positive what the Witcher can be when it sticks to contained short stories akin to short stories vs. Big, open world and focusing on novels.

Even Blood&Wine isn't as good as people claim, it's just much shorter than the base game (but still too long) with a story slightly less retarded than the base game.

ferratilis

Magister
For some reason I felt like replaying TW3 (well, I never finished it before). This is the first time on the next gen update, and I can't figure out how to fix the absurdly awful mouse acceleration. All google results say that turning on hardware cursor fixes it, and I recall that working before, but it doesn't do shit now.

Any solutions?
Hardware cursor + nvidia reflex on + exclusive fullscreen. Try that.

Any solutions?
Hardware cursor + nvidia reflex on + exclusive fullscreen. Try that.
Don't have Nvidia. I do have the AMD equivalent enabled along with the other two changes and nothing improved.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

it's a game about killing monsters you utter incel

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Hearts of Stone

In the 2012-2013 version of the base game, the quests were more open. Then CDPR management smelled money in 2014 and gave order to streamline them

Gaunter O'Dimm was supposed to feature in many different quests of the plague storyline...and more.

MasPingon

Arcane
Hearts of Stone

In the 2012-2013 version of the base game, the quests were more open. Then CDPR management smelled money in 2014 and gave order to streamline them

Gaunter O'Dimm was supposed to feature in many different quests of the plague storyline...and more.
Can you give source?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom