Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I like how you omitted the fact that the Eternal Fire is a positive faith in the short stories, and at worst neutral in the first two games.

9ted6

Educated
I like how you omitted the fact that the Eternal Fire is a positive faith in the short stories, and at worst neutral in the first two games.
Almost exclusively negative portrayals of religion involving men aren't counterbalanced by two game portrayals of it as ambivalent, especially when NPCs and Geralt take jabs at religion frequently.

Where is the Eternal Fire portrayed positively? Hard mode, it can't involve a woman or say that the Eternal Fire's god is female. I've never heard of the source material ever so much as hinting at religion being good for anything unless again it involves a female priest or goddess.

Even if we count those instances in the games or books it's done in a "Woman Good, Man Bad" way and not religion itself being positive.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Where is the Eternal Fire portrayed positively?
In the eponymous short story :rpgcodex:

I've never heard of the source material ever so much as hinting at religion being good for anything unless again it involves a female priest or goddess.
This merely shows how shallow your familiarity with the source material is. BTW, there is nothing in the source material to indicate the gender of Kreve. No "hints that it might be female". You are making shit up.

Gerrard

Arcane
Also daily reminder that Witcher 3 shows that being authoritarian with iron fist can be really good.

To prove it, Novigrad under Radovid is the most prosperous city in the mainland.

Thieves, burglars, witches, monsters stopped threatening peaceful citizens.
What retard grade are you I wonder?

Sweeper

Arcane
I forgot how much Skellige sucks. I went from notice board to notice board and then I opened up the map and just stared at all those underwater points of interest...
Fucking why? Why would you do that?

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Ignore all question marks, unless you happen to run into them and feel like doing it. They are a waste of time.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I forgot how much Skellige sucks. I went from notice board to notice board and then I opened up the map and just stared at all those underwater points of interest...
Didn't have much else going on that summer IIRC

moon knight

Matt7895's alt

You can disable the question marks in the options

Sweeper

Arcane

You can disable the question marks in the options
Too late.
20240606204802-1.jpg

I now officially hate P*les more than Jews and Americans combined.

Ryzer

Arcane

ferratilis

Magister
Too late.
No one forced you to do it, you brought it on yourself. I wonder how many Codexers do something like this, only to come here to bitch and moan. Or how many choose gay romances in games while touching themselves, then complain how games are full of fags.

Codex in a nutshell:
ixGOyiM.png

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
No one forced you to do it,
This is an argument cucks use for shit games. Judging a piece of work as a whole means experiencing all it gives you in at least a single playthrough. Skipping content, modding games, etc. is not a fair analysis.

Every second spent on useless side content, whether it be 5 minutes worth or 50 hours worth, is time spent away from the meat of the game which would've made it better.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
This is an argument cucks use for shit games. Judging a piece of work as a whole means experiencing all it gives you in at least a single playthrough. Skipping content, modding games, etc. is not a fair analysis.
Yes it is. The question mark content is just the same very limited number of things repeated ad nauseum. If you've done a few bandit camps, you've done them all.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Yes it is. The question mark content is just the same very limited number of things repeated ad nauseum. If you've done a few bandit camps, you've done them all.
If it didn't take away from the meat of the game, then fine. But if time was spent on that away form what's important it's fair game to include it in analysis.

If we're talking about Witcher 3 specifically, it was designed in a way where you needed to complete some of these checkmarks to complete achievements or unlock all things. There are those that weren't compulsory but dev time was taken for them and it is not communicated in game. Thus, every last one of them are open to scrutiny and bring down the base game (which was above average at its best, in comparison to other modern games only).

Skinwalker you've been in this thread a few times and thought that Shani was Triss. Not only do you not know/played the earlier games, you don't even know the game you shill for. Leave your retarded takes for the politics threads, you are out of your element.

Sweeper

Arcane
Yes, but you haven't experienced the tedium, the boredom, the slow build up of genocidal tendencies towards all P*les, having done all the map markers in both Velen and especially Skellige. You haven't experienced the lowest lows that Twitcher 3 has to offer. I'm sure you can guesstimate it, but your attempts would be no different than me trying to imagine what it was like being sentenced to 20 years of hard labor in a gulag. You have to walk through the lowest depths of hell yourself to truly know them.

This game isn't good even if you don't follow these shit quest markers for events on the map.

As a whole Witcher 3 is one good quest arc (Bloody Baron) + and amazing DLC which follows a structure similar to the short stories (Hearts of Stone) rather than the novels (the rest of the game), wrapped in a 130+ hour game.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Zombra

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom