Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 mods

Perkel

Arcane
edit2018-04-23

don't use it use instead W3EE which is far better complete overhaul

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Made new thread for modding since there isn't any general one.

Current patch is 1.21 so most of the mods will not probably work for few days (and few for weeks or month). Especially those UI based ones.

EDIT:

ALWAYS USE SCRIPT MERGER !

EDIT2:

How to install mod:

1. get mod and unpack it
2. you should have it in folder named modXXXXX where XXX is some name of mod
3. go to your TW3 instalation folder and make "mods" folder and put that modXXX folder with mod there.
4. profit

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
edit2018-04-23

don't use it use instead W3EE which is far better complete overhaul

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.22 compatibile

Always full XP - fixes retarded XP downgrade after you overlevel quest

Alternate Lights Interaction - fixes tedious issues with geralt lighting candles and shit when you loot. He will only lit up candles and shit when you have Igni equipped and put them when you have Ard equipped. Seriously use this people. It will save you like hours of tedious.

Fix for left stick -
fixes lack of analogue movement past 1.07 patch. You can now walk slowly or fast, you can run fast or slow.

1. navigate to content\content0\scripts\game\player and copy player.ws to any mod corresponded folder OR if you already have player.ws in some other mod skip part 1

2. open player.ws in your mod and search for only one value - default inputModuleNeededToRun = -1.0; change it to
default inputModuleNeededToRun = -10.0

1.21 compatibile

Remove Item Level Requirements - duh, no longer stupid level restrictions since equipment still requires rare materials and it is partially scaled when you find it....... Still with this you will be able to use all those schematics that were above your level and get that needed boost to fuck with +6 level monsters since there is no updated mod yet to fix that.

Always full XP - fixes retarded XP downgrade after you overlevel quest

Alternate Lights Interaction - fixes tedious issues with geralt lighting candles and shit when you loot. He will only lit up candles and shit when you have Igni equipped and put them when you have Ard equipped. Seriously use this people. It will save you like hours of tedious.

Foods and drinks aren't potions -
food healths you slowly but over long period of time

Fix for left stick -
fixes lack of analogue movement past 1.07 patch. You can now walk slowly or fast, you can run fast or slow.

1. navigate to content\content0\scripts\game\player and copy player.ws to any mod corresponded folder OR if you already have player.ws in some other mod skip part 1

2. open player.ws in your mod and search for only one value - default inputModuleNeededToRun = -1.0; change it to
default inputModuleNeededToRun = -10.0

Debug Console Enabler - F1 for free camera (dem screenshots tool) F2 - open close console

Better Combat Enchanced - overhaul of whole combat system and stats. Might be risky to use it on already ongoing game. You should start new game with this. Generally harder combat and you have unlocked most of moves from start.

E3FX reshade - if you don't like warm lighting of base TW3 (probably also B&W colorized candy look). What it does:

23-0-1434420202.jpg

Last edited:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
There is a mechanic of sword drop scaling in the game. If an enemy or a chest (barrel/whatever) would drop a sword with higher level than your Geralt, then the sword is scaled down to your Geralt's level (so you can immediately use it, instead of having to level up first).

Level requirements on weapons are retarded in their own way, but first things first: is there a mod that disables this loot scaling?

Perkel

Arcane
yes there is but it currently doesn't work isn't updated for 1.21. Not only it did that but also rebalanced monsters with removing that 6+ levels rule where monster got serious buff if they are 6 levels above you.

I will be posting here mods that do work only.

edit:
i'll test it in short while if it works

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
updated for requirements level removal mod. Awesome mod.

hilfazer

Scholar
Red skull level gating removal (manual download):
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/ajax/downloadfile?id=9672

It's a part of a mod that removes red skull mob gating and lowered XP for grey quests:
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/533/?tab=1&navtag=http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/ajax/moddescription/?id=533&preview=&pUp=1

I'm currently trying to make it work but red skull removal should work already.

Edit:
All right Nexus has scanned my files so you can download it via NMM. Remember to use ONLY ONE of those files.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Bless you. I was waiting for no bullshit -6/+6 buff.

does it also mean lower level monster won't be cripled ?

edit:

are you sure didn't break monster damage ? I just fought lvl 16 basilisk and his damage with claws was below lvl 7 harpies damage.

I got hit multiple time by basilisk and didn't get my health below 50% while 3-4 shots from harpies would do that. Was wearing also shit armor from white orchard.

check % maybe you missed something

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Yes, they shouldn't.

Did you do something to monster damage on above +6 levels ? I know they normally get something like 800% to their HP and 200% to their damage but like i posted above i killed Basilisk just now and he did very little damage compared to harpy.

edit:

If you would be able to flatten a lot damage and health for monsters, geralt and npcs that would be fucking amazing. Imo best sword shouldn't be more than 3 times better than standard sword.

Do you have any idea where in scripts this can be ?

Last edited:

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
Guess I have to reinstall the game since I can't get a single mod to work. Always the same error message while launching
Error [content0]telemetrykeyword.ws(8): syntax error, unexpected $undefined, expecting TOKEN_FUNCTION, near '/'
Have tried fiddling with the telemetrykeyword file with advices I found online, but no luck.

Perkel

Arcane
Guess I have to reinstall the game since I can't get a single mod to work. Always the same error message while launching
Error [content0]telemetrykeyword.ws(8): syntax error, unexpected $undefined, expecting TOKEN_FUNCTION, near '/'
Have tried fiddling with the telemetrykeyword file with advices I found online, but no luck.

All mods i included should not create any conflicts.
If you had mods before then after 1.21 most of them are broken and you need to wait for updates.

hilfazer

Scholar
Yes, they shouldn't.

Did you do something to monster damage on above +6 levels ? I know they normally get something like 800% to their HP and 200% to their damage but like i posted above i killed Basilisk just now and he did very little damage compared to harpy.

edit:

If you would be able to flatten a lot damage and health for monsters, geralt and npcs that would be fucking amazing. Imo best sword shouldn't be more than 3 times better than standard sword.

Script was boosting/lowering enemy stats like this:
stats.AddAbility(theGame.params.ENEMY_BONUS_HIGH, true);
stats.AddAbility(theGame.params.ENEMY_BONUS_DEADLY, true);
stats.AddAbility(theGame.params.ENEMY_BONUS_LOW, true);

l've prevented this code from being called.

I dunno where to find HP and damage formulas, unfortunately.

Perkel

Arcane
Yes, they shouldn't.

edit:

Script was boosting/lowering enemy stats like this:
stats.AddAbility(theGame.params.ENEMY_BONUS_HIGH, true);
stats.AddAbility(theGame.params.ENEMY_BONUS_DEADLY, true);
stats.AddAbility(theGame.params.ENEMY_BONUS_LOW, true);

l've prevented this code from being called.

I dunno where to find HP and damage formulas, unfortunately.

Ok hmm. I'll test it more. Maybe basilisk has few attacks that do little damage and i got lucky.
BTW do you know how to unpack .bundles ?

XML tables for weapons and armor are usually packed like that in mods. If i would be able to extract XML files then i would be able to change it as i see fit.

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2

If you had mods before then after 1.21 most of them are broken and you need to wait for updates.
I deleted every mod I had before updating and tried only which have (or at least say they have) been updated to 1.21. Game works fine without mods though. Game also gives error everytime is dsound.dll is in the x64 folder. Without it, no problem.

Beowulf

Arcane
Yes, they shouldn't.

edit:

That would be indeed fucking amazing. The levelling/power curve is bonkers in this game.

Perkel

Arcane

I deleted every mod I had before updating and tried only which have (or at least say they have) been updated to 1.21. Game works fine without mods though. Game also gives error everytime is dsound.dll is in the x64 folder. Without it, no problem.

Then try one mod at the time. Some mod is broken.
Also use SCRIPT MERGER ! If two mods colide that tool should fix it.

Just because two mods are 1.21 comp. it doesn't mean they can work together (especially bigger ones)

That would be indeed fucking amazing. The levelling/power curve is bonkers in this game.

Most of stuff is just in plain XML files apparently. Couple that with few script changes and game should have way more flat damage scaling. Back in 1.10 i already played with mod that reduced scaling like 2x. Still not good enough but better than vanilla.

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2

Just because two mods are 1.21 comp. it doesn't mean they can work together (especially bigger ones)
I did try about 6 different mods one a the time, every time same error, regardless which was the one actived. Did also check with script merger, it found no issues even with all the 6 I had at one point installed. Anyway, this seems kind of pointless. I just download the game overnight and reinstall, and check tomorrow if I have better luck.

Perkel

Arcane

I did try about 6 different mods one a the time, every time same error, regardless which was the one actived. Did also check with script merger, it found no issues even with all the 6 I had at one point installed. Anyway, this seems kind of pointless. I just download the game overnight and reinstall, and check tomorrow if I have better luck.

dsound.dll is from debug enabler mod which JUST got updated.
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1555/?tab=1&navtag=http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/ajax/moddescription/?id=1555&preview=&pUp=1

edit:

added debug cosnole enabler to second post with mods.

Beowulf

Arcane

Most of stuff is just in plain XML files apparently. Couple that with few script changes and game should have way more flat damage scaling. Back in 1.10 i already played with mod that reduced scaling like 2x. Still not good enough but better than vanilla.

Well, I'd appreciate that you'll post if you find such mod working for 1.21.

Last edited:

hilfazer

Scholar
Ok hmm. I'll test it more. Maybe basilisk has few attacks that do little damage and i got lucky.
BTW do you know how to unpack .bundles ?

XML tables for weapons and armor are usually packed like that in mods. If i would be able to extract XML files then i would be able to change it as i see fit.

Try Mod Kitchen:
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/389/?

It's supposed to ease unbundling process. You can get XMLs using this. Unbundled files take A LOT of space. My content0 folder alone takes 28,5 GB. Whole thing could be something like 40 or 50 GB.
I didn't use it much since i mostly modify scripts and ScriptStudio is good for that stuff.

hilfazer

Scholar
are you sure didn't break monster damage ? I just fought lvl 16 basilisk and his damage with claws was below lvl 7 harpies damage.

I got hit multiple time by basilisk and didn't get my health below 50% while 3-4 shots from harpies would do that. Was wearing also shit armor from white orchard.

check % maybe you missed something

Hmm, strange.
Was that basilisk red skull for you? Could you compare it with some other monsters, like drowners, for example?
Maybe you have some other mods that could potentially affect monster stats.

I did some tests with lvl 48 archgriffin. My results:

Geralt lvl 35, with mod -> enemy damage 1500 - 1700
Geralt lvl 45, with mod -> enemy damage 1500 - 1700
Geralt lvl 35, no mod -> enemy damage 2500 - 2700
Geralt lvl 45, no mod -> enemy damage 1500 - 1700

In this case damage of enemies wasn't accidentally lowered by my mod.

Perkel

Arcane
Nah it seems that monsters simply have fucked up damage balance. Basilisk is shit

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom