Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't have my saves from Witcher 2 dammit. What is canon btw?

Killing Letho? Letting him go? Saving Triss or doing the other thing that I can't remember what it was? Saving or killing the dragon woman?

Parsifarka

Arcane
Saving Triss or doing the other thing that I can't remember what it was?
It was saving Philippa, whom was blinded in the dungeons. Poor lesbomancer, she was my favourite character. I hope she becomes witch queen of the north this time.
And well, neither I know what's canon; probably saving Triss, thus killing the dragon (Philippa's dagger is needed to save her). As for Letho, he said that if you let him be you wouldn't meet him again, so probably the result is the same whether you kill him or not.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't have my saves from Witcher 2 dammit. What is canon btw?

Killing Letho? Letting him go? Saving Triss or doing the other thing that I can't remember what it was? Saving or killing the dragon woman?

There was a player who was sharing save game files with most outcomes, search CDPR forums for that thread title.

Cannonicaly Letho will probably alive, saw him in trailers. Not have a clue about the rest.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Don't see why would anyone want to kill Letho? Not every witcher has to have a gloomy fatalist approach of an ancient relic that is doomed to extinction just like many of those monsters species he kills for money, Letho wants to adapt and survive in the new world, can hardly fault him for that. Sure, he has some innocent blood on him as well but no one in the Witcher world is a saint.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
this must be pc on ultra, looks a little better than those console versions

Perkel

Arcane
So reviews in about 3-4 hours ? Great
12may 7am pacific time which is 3pm central euro-pen time.

So predictions ?

I am calling 95 meta. I only saw few games in my life that has so much hype behind it coming from all fronts, people who would later review games basically squirming and cumming on every TW3 news.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

Alfons

Prophet
Don't see why would anyone want to kill Letho? Not every witcher has to have a gloomy fatalist approach of an ancient relic that is doomed to extinction just like many of those monsters species he kills for money, Letho wants to adapt and survive in the new world, can hardly fault him for that. Sure, he has some innocent blood on him as well but no one in the Witcher world is a saint.
Fo the sake of simplicity. Kill Letho, Triss, Roache, rebel elf dude. It's not like any of the decisions make any fucking difference.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
So reviews in about 3-4 hours ? Great
12may 7am pacific time which is 3pm central euro-pen time.

So predictions ?

I am calling 95 meta. I only saw few games in my life that has so much hype behind it coming from all fronts, people who would later review games basically squirming and cumming on every TW3 news.

99 meta, many doritos died giving us this information

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Don't see why would anyone want to kill Letho?

He murdered Foltest who was King-Bro on your watch leaving you rotting in dungeon if no for Roche-Bro help. Plenty of reasons to cap him even if you don't think Nilfgaard are the setting nazis... Cause they are neither racist nor genocidal.
Foltest was the only bro I liked. A real king who rewarded good service. :salute:

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

He murdered Foltest who was King-Bro on your watch leaving you rotting in dungeon if no for Roche-Bro help. Plenty of reasons to cap him even if you don't think Nilfgaard are the setting nazis... Cause they are neither racist nor genocidal.
Foltest was the only bro I liked. A real king who rewarded good service. :salute:

Executed Letho wearing this:

For Temeria and Foltest Kurwa!

Atomkilla

Arcane

And a great sisterfucker at that.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Letho paves the road for Nilfgaardian invasion, he's literally Hitler. Great way to adapt and survive in the world.

Meh, the invasion would have likely happened anyway and Letho wouldn't even be able to get started without help from Sorcerers Lodge who already killed one northern king (Vizimir) before Letho came into the picture at all.

I liked Foltest (in the books and how he was done in the game, great voice acting and writing) but he's not Geralt's bro, he forced him into bodyguard service and fighting his wars for him which Geralt utterly despises. Foltest was to blame as much as Letho for Geralt being in that dungeon. He was only going to allow Geralt to leave after he saved his life like 5 times (in addition to saving his daughter twice before).

As far as Nilfgaard being racist and genocidal, north rulers are mostly despicable people as well (in addition to being far less capable rulers than Emhyr), remember northern rulers conspired to kill Ciri (the person Geralt cares for the most aside from Yennefer). Of course, Nilfgaardians deserve to die for Cintra but it's not clear who is the greater evil here (unless you're the sorceress/or, they certainly wouldn't want to be under Emhyr) .

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
I liked Foltest (in the books and how he was done in the game, great voice acting and writing) but he's not Geralt's bro, he forced him into bodyguard service and fighting his wars for him which Geralt utterly despises. Foltest was to blame as much as Letho for Geralt being in that dungeon. He was only going to allow Geralt to leave after he saved his life like 5 times (in addition to saving his daughter twice before).
This implies that Geralt is a bro... Neither I nor Commissar claimed such. Foltest is a bro, Geralt is moron in love with 3 different women that runs around doing random jobs for random people while pretending to be a philosopher.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It was saving Philippa, whom was blinded in the dungeons. Poor lesbomancer, she was my favourite character. I hope she becomes witch queen of the north this time.
And well, neither I know what's canon; probably saving Triss, thus killing the dragon (Philippa's dagger is needed to save her). As for Letho, he said that if you let him be you wouldn't meet him again, so probably the result is the same whether you kill him or not.

There was a player who was sharing save game files with most outcomes, search CDPR forums for that thread title.

Cannonicaly Letho will probably alive, saw him in trailers. Not have a clue about the rest.

Thanks both of you. Now I remember her, I kinda liked her too. Shame about her eyes, ruined her face a bit :)

I will try to find those saves!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom