Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Pretty much. The bottom bit says "Geralt's going through his rebel phase". As for the top, since "chędożyć" is an old-timey word, I'd go for "Fornicate the system" :)

Bitch, please. "Plough the system."

Does the system have a poon and bubs? Because, you know, I totally would...

Song related

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Million or bust? (Roguey)

https://twitter.com/witchergame/status/597759587765346304

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt exceeds 1 MILLION pre-orders worldwide! THANK YOU! #TheWitcher #WildHunt

CEurLUOWgAAZDd9.jpg

So, does that mean it is profitable already, 9 days before official release? I forget what the game's budget was.

Tytus

Arcane
Shut up about the downgrade already. The discussion was valid when it was fresh, months ago, now if you fucking don't like how the game looks like, just don't buy it.

Never forgive, never forget.

Million or bust? (Roguey)

https://twitter.com/witchergame/status/597759587765346304

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt exceeds 1 MILLION pre-orders worldwide! THANK YOU! #TheWitcher #WildHunt

CEurLUOWgAAZDd9.jpg

So, does that mean it is profitable already, 9 days before official release? I forget what the game's budget was.

110 mln pln, so yeah around 35 mln petrodollars.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
CDPR has a great track record so far of course. But the hype pressure is off the charts this time around, reactor rectum explosion imminent.

My crystal ball is hazy but from what I can see, we're heading towards either:
a) The Witcher Scrolls 3 (best case)
or
b) Witcher Age 3 (worst case)

In any case May 19 is :bunkertime:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
CDPR has a great track record so far of course. But the hype pressure is off the charts this time around, reactor rectum explosion imminent.

or

Really, hype will kill Witcher 3 more than any actual failings made by CDPR. I just hope we're not looking at six months to a year of patches before the game is made playable with EE of some kind, especially considering they already have expansions in mind. Don't screw this up, potatoes.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Grats Escapist and Ulminati on last week's news.

GameSpot updated its article (looks like Escapist didn't notice)

Basically Green Man Gaming CEO says CDPR outright refused to do business with them, and were forced to source their W3 keys from other CDPR approved retailers. Keys are obviously legit, CDPR are being stupid (which is not surprising of course)

Link to original article at GameSpot

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Grats Escapist and Ulminati on last week's news.

GameSpot updated its article (looks like Escapist didn't notice)

Basically Green Man Gaming CEO says CDPR outright refused to do business with them, and were forced to source their W3 keys from other CDPR approved retailers. Keys are obviously legit, CDPR are being stupid (which is not surprising of course)

Link to original article at GameSpot

I might believe that.. if this wasn't the Bajillionth time this happened on GMG.. Hey look the game costs 12.99 and the default locale is Russian, seems legit!
I know they aren't a true reseller of keys (so not completely shady) but I am pretty sure they do locale swaps of games to get cheaper prices.

https://forums.playfire.com/gmg/thread/116728
http://www.gamegrin.com/news/green-man-gaming-faulty-steam-keys-for-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare/

If you want to save shekals and risk it with their customer support, go for it. I can't be fucked to deal with the run around.

EDIT:
CRPojektRED is being pretty smart.. They won't cut out Origin (lol) or Steam, those sources are too lucrative. If they could have it their way though, every single copy would be bought at full price off GoG.

Why would they enable a company like GmG to buy 50 000 reduced price copies and sell them? Fuck that lol.

Last edited:

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Whats the marketing budget for this game? It's really everywhere
It's about 10-12 milion $.
Amazing what this studio has accomplished with such a ''small'' budget for a AAA gaem,then you have bethseda who spends 50-60 milions on their games and they can't even afford more than 4-5 voice actors for their game or a proper engine,fucking pathetic if you ask me.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Amazing what this studio has accomplished with such a ''small'' budget for a AAA gaem,then you have bethseda who spends 50-60 milions on their games and they can't even afford more than 4-5 voice actors for their game or a proper engine,fucking pathetic if you ask me.
Betsheda don't pay their developers with potatoes.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria

or

Agreed, my money is on option B.

Alfons

Prophet
Bethesda is the retard of the development world. You can give a retard a billion dollars, but he's still a retard and that's the way he spends his money...like a fucking retard.

MasPingon

Arcane
Dude, 10-12 mln $ of MARKETING budget. I don't know what overal game budget is, but it's about 5 times bigger. It's not GTA5 budget but it's definitely not "small". CDP is not eastern europe underdogs anymore, soo please stop with this "OMG, it's amazing what they did with such a small amount of cash". Even Witcher 1 budget was about 10 mln $.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Yeah looks like game will sell 6mln+ in its lifetime or more. There are only few games that managed to do preorders at this level. Though i think they count GPU bundles as well.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Dude, 10-12 mln $ of MARKETING budget. I don't know what overal game budget is, but it's about 5 times bigger. It's not GTA5 budget but it's definitely not "small".
Seems like the total budget is 40 mils,15 mils for dev and 25m for marketing.

This marketing bullshit eats way too much dollah:argh:

made

Arcane
Budget prolly breaks down like this:
75% - Charles Dance
20% - marketing & PR
5% - salary for CDP suits and imported foreign designers
<0.00001% - poor polaks who actually built the game in cdpr's dungeons

Bethesda is the retard of the development world. You can give a retard a billion dollars, but he's still a retard and that's the way he spends his money...like a fucking retard.

More like the idiot savant of the dev world. They will turn that billion dollars into a trillion but if you asked, they have no idea how it happened.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
EDIT:
CRPojektRED is being pretty smart.. They won't cut out Origin (lol) or Steam, those sources are too lucrative. If they could have it their way though, every single copy would be bought at full price off GoG.

Why would they enable a company like GmG to buy 50 000 reduced price copies and sell them? Fuck that lol.

That's all fine and dandy and within their rights, but they shouldn't go on record saying 'lol don't but from GMG those keys are illegal lol'

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom