Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
You can preload in GoG Galaxy as well.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
IGN said:
too much padding in the form of meaningless fetch quests and collectathons

That was to be expected, but if even IGN things so...

The went the Bethesda route - meh main quest and better side quests - that's ok for me in a hiking simulator.

But the PS4 lighting is really bland.

Cromwell

Arcane
Sure, the old way was more in keeping with Witcher lore, but in a wide open world, it makes less sense to expect players to predict and prepare for everything they might come across in advance.

:argh:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I'm preety sure that they probably would get together if they would have some time to not kill each other and drink some vodka.
This is what Sapkowski wanted to create.

To Wódka (with a w!), the cause of... and solution to... all of witcherworld's conflicts! :salute:

Isn't spelling wódka with a "v" (regardless of language used) considered high treason in potatoland? Just saying before
:outrage:

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Also not very surprising and already discussed in this thread, from eurogamer

Wild Hunt's underlying systems aren't quite so strong, however. They're functional - and almost always enjoyable - but they frequently feel secondary to the broader adventures they serve. Combat, for instance - a crunchy mix of two-button sword-swinging and magic attacks - is knockabout fun and sometimes relatively strategic; while this is enough to see you through the game's surprisingly infrequent enemy encounters, it lacks the depth that some other RPGs offer.

Alfons

Prophet
All the sex decisions should transfer with save as well. There is no way Geralt, at least my iteration stuck his dick in so many holes and not caught something. Geralt should fuck Yen and pass to her whatever his former lovers passed to him, that would be a great ending. "They lived happily ever after for four years, then they finally died from super aids"

As far as discussing the morality of decisions in the witcher goes there is only one thing to say
:retarded:
Of course it is better than Sex. Can you have Sex in RL on a Unicorn?
It's a stuffed unicorn, so it's the equivalent of a toy, so yes you can. Life has fewer rules, you might not be able to fuck on top of a stuffed unicorn but you can stuff one.
57d934ce7f7c048fedde6a33f40e2f2c.jpg

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm preety sure that they probably would get together if they would have some time to not kill each other and drink some vodka.
This is what Sapkowski wanted to create.

To Wódka (with a w!), the cause of... and solution to... all of witcherworld's conflicts! :salute:

Isn't spelling wódka with a "v" (regardless of language used) considered high treason in potatoland? Just saying before
:outrage:

I'm from Potatoland and I never heard about something like that before. But indeed vo/wódka is really solution for everything. Just stop fighting and drink with me, you cocksucker!

Players are given two buttons for dodging; a short dodge that doesn’t drain any stamina and a longer roll that does.

JESUS CHRIST THANK YOU!

All the sex decisions should transfer with save as well. There is no way Geralt, at least my iteration stuck his dick in so many holes and not caught something. Geralt should fuck Yen and pass to her whatever his former lovers passed to him, that would be a great ending. "They lived happily ever after for four years, then they finally died from super aids"

As far as discussing the morality of decisions in the witcher goes there is only one thing to say
:retarded:

Yo, Geralt is immune for any kind of diseases, nerd. Read a bit before you post shit like that. He is also preety immune for most poisons and with some elixirs he can just activate his body to fight with it. He is after all a mutant created to be immune for most monsters kinds of attack. (Know your shit if you want to laugh at something or make joke)

Alfons

Prophet
Yo, Geralt is immune for any kind of diseases, nerd. Read a bit before you post shit like that. He is also preety immune for most poisons and with some elixirs he can just activate his body to fight with it. He is after all a mutant created to be immune for most monsters kinds of attack. (Know your shit if you want to laugh at something or make joke)
He's a fucking mutant faggot. Mutation exists in the universe and it's well known. Who's to say That aids won't mutate when in contact with the witcher.

Alfons

Prophet

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
From what i read in those reviews it seems that the quest design is pretty simple ''Talk,go and kill,come back for reward'' huh, not like i didn't expected it but let's hope the characters are at least interesting.

Doktor Best

Arcane
german reviews:

gamestar 92/100
pcgames 90/100

complaints about character development being a bit thinned out and gamebalance because of no level scaling (duh), few technical problems and framedrops on the ps4. Worldbuilding, questquality, writing is described as damn gud.

http://www.gry-online.pl/S020.asp?ID=10464

based potatoes :kingcomrade:

8.5/10

cons:
-frame drops
-long loading times
-awfully restricted word with artificial barriers
-fuckton of bugs
-fuckton of npcs clones
-surprisingly shitty polish dubbing

the butthurt in coments section is as good as the one in Komorowski`s camp after first round of presidential elections

lol
Jeśli zapuścimy się w pobliże krawędzi obszaru, który przez autorów nie został zagospodarowany, Geralt wygłasza tekst mający zachęcić gracza do zaniechania dalszej eksploracji, a potem automatycznie aktywuje się mapa. Kiedy ją wyłączymy, Dziki Gon cofa nas do bezpiecznej pozycji i na tym koniec – dalej podróżować po prostu nie sposób. Prowadzi to do dość kuriozalnych sytuacji. Na północ od Novigradu znajduje się oznaczona markerem (a więc interaktywna) łódź, do której nie można podpłynąć, bo gra blokuje nas już z poziomu wody. Na zlokalizowanym zaledwie kilka metrów dalej lądzie wylądować da się bez większego problemu, ale tylko w jednym, konkretnym miejscu. O zwiedzaniu nowo odkrytej wyspy też nie ma mowy – znów bowiem napotykamy wspomniane ograniczenie. Nie miejcie zatem złudzeń. Chociaż na mapie widoczne są tereny, które teoretycznie znajdują się w zasięgu wiedźmina, w praktyce nigdy nie uda wam się do nich dotrzeć.
Źródło: http://www.gry-online.pl/S020.asp?ID=10464&STR=2

Alfons

Prophet
What are the pros then? Or is that publication is like IGN in the sense that anything below 9.0 is shit?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
What are the pros then? Or is that publication is like IGN in the sense that anything below 9.0 is shit?
There are no pros. Or rather meanwhileInPoland's mind sees only the flaws. He is funny like that. Maybe some jedi did a mind trick witcher used axii on him at some point.

PROS:
nicely designed, alive and well developed world;
extremely extensive content;
story;
well thought out sidequests;
engaging dialogues;
mass of references to the works of Sapkowski;
great freedom in character development and equipment;
choices that seem to be important;
artistic setting;
music.

ArchAngel

Arcane
From what i read in those reviews it seems that the quest design is pretty simple ''Talk,go and kill,come back for reward'' huh, not like i didn't expected it but let's hope the characters are at least interesting.
But the main questions is: Is there combat XP?

AetherVagrant

Cipher
Patron
I'm mega storyfag, and have high hopes, but if this turns out like when all the reviews claimed Kingdoms of Amalur had great writing, interesting and varied combat and expansive world im going to invoke Irish potato famine on their ass -- starve the children and keep the adults sober enough top watch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom