Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
It was a bit more then 32 dollars for me too.

Begging pirates to buy your game is almost as lame as the pirates themselves (who should be kneecapped and then burned at the stake).

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
2504401-6535952199-ip9VU.gif

cWf3DID.png

lel
Why are you torturing me? :negative:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That downgrade is insane. But was that in a playable state or just something rendered for E3 or something like that?

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fuck downgrade, fuck patches, fuck DLCs. I finally want to get my new PC or I will be dead at 19 may. Yeah... I wait for it too long. Totally not promise anyone maraton of it. Totally.

Save me

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
it is horrendous.

so whats the reasoning behind these downgrades anyway

is it microsoft or sony demanding it, so their "next-gen" (lol) consoles dont look worse than a pc?

or is it just a matter of running a demo on a 100k worth of hardware liquid nitrogen cooled monster machine just for show of lulz and trade shows?

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Well, I'm pretty sure it's Sony and Microsoft asking for the game to look the same on all plateforms. But also the fact that only a handful of people would able to run it.

Honestly, I was never into "AMAZING GRAFIX" anyway, so I'm not that disappointed. If the game touch me in the right spots I'll still play the fuck out of it.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I hope the Codex will be sensible enough to make a non-potato write the review. You can't trust them when it comes to witchering.
:troll:

naossano

Cipher
I doubt I can finish W1 and W2 till W3 is released. Why have I preordered the game again?

ERYFKRAD Brofists this.

Same thing here. Not gonna do the same mistake twice.

The game is already entertaining enough and I read (or better heard) the first shortstories whic were good. As it looks now for me I want to read the rest of the books to get the story and characters better and of course playing the games in order. And that by having not enough time. I guess when I realistically come around of playing W3 the expansions are already out and the maingame probably on sale. Well, got the maingame, the other Witcher games and the boardgame for cheap anyway. Maybe will look out for some used box copies as well. Money is flowing away this year...

ERYFKRAD Brofists this.

I mean, by the time i'll try TW3, TW4 will already be around the corner and TW3 will cost 3$ on sales.

Tytus

Arcane
I hope the Codex will be sensible enough to make a non-potato write the review. You can't trust them when it comes to witchering.
:troll:

p7LBNc7.jpg

But if so, I hope the person writing the review at least have read the books so to judge the plot and setting properly.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
32 dollars? If only... 46:79 euro on Gog and 49:99 on Steam for me.

46 euro? Or dorra?

For me it's 39 euro on GoG full price, with -20% off it's 32.

it is horrendous.

so whats the reasoning behind these downgrades anyway

is it microsoft or sony demanding it, so their "next-gen" (lol) consoles dont look worse than a pc?

or is it just a matter of running a demo on a 100k worth of hardware liquid nitrogen cooled monster machine just for show of lulz and trade shows?

I'd kill to know that too. The first one is a rumour, personally I don't find it much credible. But who knows. The second one is almost certainly the case, these crazy shadows and tesselation you see on the early W3 shots are sure as shit not running on some Core i5, Radeon 7770 mainstream junk.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Another video about downgrade ,this time from the germans.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom