Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Funny how the codex loves to pretend it's all about the C&C, but when push comes to shove they are the WORST graphics whores.

Bro, don't be a dumbfuck. It's not really about the graphics, OK? VtMB and MotB weren't pinnacles of technology back in the day and nobody cared.

So it's about three things:
a) PR based solely on the wild imagination of the marketing department. "Hey, we'll tell you anything you want to hear if it helps us to squeeze that preorder out of you. We even got a demo here, see?" (Nevermind that the actual game will be nowhere close.)
b) Acute consolitis. FFS, even pre-release reviews are all based on the PS4 version. Not that I would believe game journos in any case but still it's quite telling.
c) Spending millions on ads and shitty tasteless trailers instead of focusing on finally making a good combat system for example.

In other words, it's about behaving like a typical faceless corporation stuffing fancy packages with AAA content garbage for the clueless masses and lying at every step. If it were EA or Ubisoft, I'd say whatever, they do it all the time. But we're not yet used to getting that kind of crap from our Polish friends.

Cadmus

Arcane
the game looks pretty good. I haven't watched any streams or anything but from the little glimpse I've had I'm more worried about the difficulty thus the importance of the alchemy and spells. I gotta check the requirements to see if I can try to play it.
guys I dont understand shit about the requirements, it's all like XENON ABYTHRON 3,6 GHz quadro core..

Can my PC run this shit?

Inter Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @2,40 GHz 2,4GHz
4 GB RAM
GeForce 8800 GT

I don't even understand what that CPU shit means, like is it 2 processors or a processor with 2 cores or what the fuck
It means your computer is antiquated. Time for a new one. That GPU ain't running anything modern these days at over 5 fps on low settings.
huh but it played TW2 just fine....all the new rpgs also totally fine on nice settings

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
i-KTF9Jx5-1050x10000.jpg

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
the game looks pretty good. I haven't watched any streams or anything but from the little glimpse I've had I'm more worried about the difficulty thus the importance of the alchemy and spells. I gotta check the requirements to see if I can try to play it.
guys I dont understand shit about the requirements, it's all like XENON ABYTHRON 3,6 GHz quadro core..

Can my PC run this shit?

4 GB RAM
GeForce 8800 GT

I don't even understand what that CPU shit means, like is it 2 processors or a processor with 2 cores or what the fuck
It means your computer is antiquated. Time for a new one. That GPU ain't running anything modern these days at over 5 fps on low settings.
huh but it played TW2 just fine....all the new rpgs also totally fine on nice settings
Baloney. I'm presuming you have, at most, 512 VRAM.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Why is everyone complaining about the combat system before even playing the game? Most reviewers like the combat. It wont be a rollfest like witcher 3 because the dodgeroll drains stamina now, thats all i was asking for. Many compare it to dark souls with a faster pace which would be perfectly fine for me.

Rendertrailer:

http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_a_night_to_remember-34647_en.html

Kinda reminds me of the Rendertrailer from the first game. Pretty decent if you ask me.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

Can my PC run this shit?

4 GB RAM
GeForce 8800 GT

Baloney. I'm presuming you have, at most, 512 VRAM.

It seems that a lot of people played The Witcher 2 with 8800gts,dual cores and worked pretty good.

I can't seem to find more informations about The Witcher 3 Direct X requirement,on every site the minimum req is DirectX 11 so a 8800gt is a no go.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Most reviewers like the combat.
Cats2904.jpg

Reviewers are our only source of information about the feel and balance of the combat. You guys rather listen to some few negative reviews than to many positive ones. You disregard the opinions of game journos? Fine, but then dont get all upset because some of them didnt like the combat.

Just remember Angryjerks rage on the Risen combat. Most of them are just too drunk/stoned/retarded to hold a controller properly.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Nvidia just posted this

Intel i7-5960X, 16GB DDR4 RAM

1920x1080, Low settings GTX 960
1920x1080, Medium settings GTX 960
1920x1080, High settings GTX 960
1920x1080, Uber settings GTX 970
1920x1080, Uber settings w/ GameWorks GTX 980
2560x1440, Uber settings GTX 980
2560x1440, Uber settings w/ GameWorks GTX TITAN X, or 2-Way SLI GTX 970
3840x2160, Uber settings GTX TITAN X, or 2-Way SLI GTX 980
3840x2160, Uber settings w/ GameWorks 2-Way SLI GTX 980 or GTX TITAN X

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-is-your-system-ready

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
GTX 960 for low @ 1080?
I'm not even going to try with my 680.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
The best thing is the fact that Nvidia just confirmed that 'uber' settings are real by posting this.

And we haven't even seen a single screenshot or video with max settings on pc (not counting the pre-downgrade)! Microsoft must have paid a lot of doritos to CDP to hype the shitty console version.

Ultra

Educated
That's bullshit. Steam min specs look more realistic

• Processor:Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz / AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
  • Memory:6 GB RAM
  • Graphics:Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660 / AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
That's bullshit. Steam min specs look more realistic

• Processor:Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz / AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
  • Memory:6 GB RAM
  • Graphics:Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660 / AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870

Keep in mind those are min specs.

Will be glorious if Nvidia system specs are real and the game will run shit on PC's for everyone, the butthurt will flow.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Do you guys think this game could be a decent medieval Red Dead Redemption substitute? I don't care much for the witcher lore and all that and barely played games lately. But seeing those screenshots on horse etc. it looks like it could be some relaxing pastime enjoying the atmosphere and such.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Do you guys think this game could be a decent medieval Red Dead Redemption substitute? I don't care much for the witcher lore and all that and barely played games lately. But seeing those screenshots on horse etc. it looks like it could be some relaxing pastime enjoying the atmosphere and such.

probably, RDR with inventory managment and C&C

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom