Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Gerrard

Arcane
ztvnpk.gif

>12MB 5 second gif
>2015
:nocountryforshitposters:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Most reviewers like the combat.
Cats2904.jpg

Reviewers are our only source of information about the feel and balance of the combat. You guys rather listen to some few negative reviews than to many positive ones. You disregard the opinions of game journos? Fine, but then dont get all upset because some of them didnt like the combat.

Just remember Angryjerks rage on the Risen combat. Most of them are just too drunk/stoned/retarded to hold a controller properly.

The game was leaked for consoles a while back. there are plenty of twitcher streams on twitch-tv. Combat mostly sees gerald spinning everywhere and murdering things by mashing the attack button. On hard.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Well, the original Witcher had a darkie Zerrikanian sorcerer. I think the game implies that Geralt's bombs aren't actually very Witchery but rather a Zerrikanian import. Multiculturalism at work!

Only one or two of these bombs were Zerrikanian. And, truth be told, with Novigrad being the largest port city in the known world, CDPR could have just placed a ship from Zerrikania and one from Zangwebar (the place zebras live...) with appropriate crews and be done with it.

This would've been an easy solution, yes. Vávra means well, but he's wrong when he says "none". There of course were some glorious PoC in Europe, a very small minority of travellers, traders and a few settled ones too. (especially various Turkic people) That said, the Witcherverse is not Europe and we know where there are dark skinned people in that world. It's really a shouting match by ill-informed people.

I bet those Turkic peoples looked like Ramzan Kadyrov though

Some of them, sure. Quite a few looked recognizably "mongoloid".

Zeriel

Arcane
minimum specs will run even worse graphics than consoles, consoles are running probably medium PC settings.

Lolno, Xbox is a radeon 7850, PS4 a radeon 7870, the consoles ARE the minimum specs. The only thing is the PS4 has better API, so it gets a perfomance increase. That being said, you see why they are locked to 30 fps. At 30 fps and minimum PC specs, consoles can manage Medium-High, but even then you are hearing about FPS dips and whatnot, developers like CD Projekt are already pushing up against the console limitations pretty hard, and that's *after* they stripped the game down to account for the hardware of consoles.

PC players who are okay with low FPS cap can basically play any game with 2012 hardware until the next console generation, because the consoles are 2012 PCs.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Most reviewers like the combat.
Cats2904.jpg

Reviewers are our only source of information about the feel and balance of the combat. You guys rather listen to some few negative reviews than to many positive ones. You disregard the opinions of game journos? Fine, but then dont get all upset because some of them didnt like the combat.

Just remember Angryjerks rage on the Risen combat. Most of them are just too drunk/stoned/retarded to hold a controller properly.

The game was leaked for consoles a while back. there are plenty of twitcher streams on twitch-tv. Combat mostly sees gerald spinning everywhere and murdering things by mashing the attack button. On hard.
Still better than rolling everywhere of TW2.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
That's bullshit. Steam min specs look more realistic

• Processor:Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz / AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
  • Memory:6 GB RAM
  • Graphics:Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660 / AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870
Jebus, that means my radeon 6870 will shit itself?

Last edited:

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

Jebus, that means my radeon 6870 will shat itself?
Yep, you are indeed fucked,a 7870 is better than your card by 30-50% in most of the games,prepare for the 800x600 and ps 2 grapix:troll:

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, the original Witcher had a darkie Zerrikanian sorcerer. I think the game implies that Geralt's bombs aren't actually very Witchery but rather a Zerrikanian import. Multiculturalism at work!

Yep, but only a few of them was Zerrikanian work. And yes, Zerrikania is preety much big fucking jungle + desert later. It is also place where three guys from books decided to escape later. Bunch of mencenaries also tried to attack it, they was fucked so much that almost half of their company died, becouse of hot and terrain. I don't even think they fight with anyone.

Zeriel

Arcane

Yep, you are indeed fucked,a 7870 is better than your card by 30-50% in most of the games,prepare for the 800x600 and ps 2 grapix:troll:

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/540?vs=548

6870 should be fine, he'll just have to content himself with console settings or slightly less and le 30 fps. It's not the end of the world. To be honest, a lot of PC players who talk shit about consoles already content themselves with console-or-less performance without noticing they are doing so.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Polygon's review said:
In another, a character who admitted to beating his wife so badly she miscarried is given an opportunity to explain why she had it coming, complete with a sympathetic conversation response option to go with it. The performances all around in this scene are excellent, the presentation among the best, most reined in anywhere in the game, but the message I saw it conveying was abhorrent.
Potatoman 3 supports medieval style abortion!:outrage:

How did they even manage to get that game released in 'murica? That scene alone would normally enough to fuel FOX news for a week, with neocons demanding to wipe Potatoland from the face of earth for that debauchery! And all those nekkid womyn in there... #Witchergate2015

Need to check the SJW thread if that volcano has already erupted...

ArchAngel

Arcane
Polygon's review said:
In another, a character who admitted to beating his wife so badly she miscarried is given an opportunity to explain why she had it coming, complete with a sympathetic conversation response option to go with it. The performances all around in this scene are excellent, the presentation among the best, most reined in anywhere in the game, but the message I saw it conveying was abhorrent.

How did they even manage to get that game released in 'murica? That scene alone would normally enough to fuel FOX news for a week, with neocons demanding to wipe Potatoland from the face of earth for that debauchery! And all those nekkid womyn in there... #Witchergate2015

Need to check the SJW thread if that volcano has already erupted...
I expect TW3 to be treated same as Hatred as soon as the game is released.
Or at least have a big twitter campaign to have it removed like the thing in PoE :D

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Every attack is a spinning attack :incloosive:
Hans Talhoffer medieval combat manual: SPIN AROUND ALL THE TIME AND DO FLIPS
This is finally an accurate depiction of Geralt's fighting style from the books, where he was doing 'pirouettes' all the time. It was widely criticized as unrealistic by all sword-combat concious people in the fandom, but Sapkowski never gave a shit, as it was supposed to be cool and flashy. And he was right, seeing as no other Polish fantasy book author comes anywhere near Witcher sales figures.

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign

I recommend upgrading to the minimum specs to play the game. Otherwise, playing below the minimum specs will most likely make the game unplayable. You could close down any programs running in the background and any non-essential OS features to get a few extra megabytes out of your system.

But do advise us if the game is playable with your current setup and we can advise Steam and the developer of their error.

:troll:

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
CDPR dev says there is no downgrade:

TL;DR: he basically says all the videos, trailers and screenshots they used to sell the game were not from the actual game, so there couldn't be a 'downgrade' from something that didn't exist in the first place.

Ay lmao :lol:

Tytus

Arcane
For a moment I was worried they'd downgraded sex.

They already did that, when they got rid of those awesome looking sex cards.

Say what you want, but sex cards were more arousing, more tasteful and cooler than those silly CG generated rack dolls having sex in Witcher 2.

pippin

Making special videos with production values which aren't reflected in the final game is nothing new, the problem here is that The Witcher 2 was significantly better especially considering most AAA games released on that same year were ugly as fuck. However, only graphix whores care about that.
About sex, yes, after a carefully done research on this particular matter, I must say the sex cards were something special, like you were collecting a deck of dirty cards. While sex animation in Witcher 2 look more "real", they all feel the same in the end.

Parsifarka

Arcane
Say what you want, but sex cards were more arousing, more tasteful and cooler than those silly CG generated rack dolls having sex in Witcher 2.
Absolutely right, there was no incentive in W2 and felt really stupid and meaningless, nothing rewarding. Those cards were awesome and made it worth for me to spend hours looking for that special item to gift and get the cool drawing. The quality of some of them was really remarkable.

latest
latest

Moar of this!! :outrage:

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
Polygon's review said:

I thought neocons and cons in general are all for wife beating...

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath

Yep, but only a few of them was Zerrikanian work. And yes, Zerrikania is preety much big fucking jungle + desert later. It is also place where three guys from books decided to escape later. Bunch of mencenaries also tried to attack it, they was fucked so much that almost half of their company died, becouse of hot and terrain. I don't even think they fight with anyone.

There's no consistent canon about Zerrikania anyway. You can make Zerrikanians white if you really want to :smug:

Canon/Books - Some distant exotic land with dragon worship and warrior women. Almost no info. No reference to skin color IIRC. Keep in mind that Sapkowski is not a 'world builder' type of author. He doesn't give a fuck.
Infamous TV series - Tea & Vea: two polish women after a visit in a tanning booth.
PnP - Generic exotic matriarchal society. Mocha amazons from jungle & desert land. Dragon Worship. Isolationists (!).
CD Projekt RED - Generic... islamic world?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom