Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The lack of xp from combat is replaced by xp from banging whores.

Perkel

Arcane
The optimization is abysmal.
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/The-Witcher-3-PC-237266/Specials/Grafikkarten-Benchmarks-1159196/

Even a titan x struggles with ultra settings to geat near 60...
A 970 barely gets 40 fps with those ugly ass graphics ,are you fucking kidding me?

Yhea buy NVIDIA cards to get shit performance,that's one way to advertise your shitty ass game...

This test is with hairworks i believe. Hairworks cuts framerate like motherfucker regardless of GPU.

People been playin' TW3 on Ultra locked 60 with single 980 when hairworks was off.

hivemind

I never really bothered to care for the graphics and what not before but, I'll be able to run it if I ran the second on max just fine right?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/The-Witcher-3-PC-237266/Specials/Grafikkarten-Benchmarks-1159196/

A 970 barely gets 40 fps with those ugly ass graphics ,are you fucking kidding me?

Yhea buy NVIDIA cards to get shit performance,that's one way to advertise your shitty ass game...

Yeh. Streamerbro yesterday had 2 970s SLI'd and had to turn down some settings. (Shadows from ultra to high, foilage from ultra to high, remove the nvidia hair physics. Maybe 1 or 2 other things, I forget). That gave him 40fps outdooes/60fps indoors. Video capture software in 1080/60pfs may have drained his resourced a little too, but still. The big resource hog during his tweakfest at the start of the streamed seemed to the the NVIDIA hair physics stuffie. His FPS counter went from 32 to 37 when he switched that of while outdoors.

Imagine Deus Ex with combat XP. Or giving even more XP for certain approach to combat.

DX:HR has combat XP. Bonus XP for silent takedowns :troll:

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I've already posted videos about TW3, but basically you can go almost everywhere on horse, and it'd take you close to 40 minutes of real time to cover the map from north to south or east-west, or something.

You could also travel on boat to Skellige but it'd be too long and that's why there's fast travel.
I remember them saying that it took 20 mins to get from east-west on a horsie, unless something changed.

Cadmus

Arcane
Star Wars Jedi Academy Movie Battles 2 is still the game with best real time action combat combined with cool powers usage. Why cannot witcher just c/p that combat? They even got jedi like signs for witchers.
there you go!

I don't know which idiot expected the game to not have any loading screens, no matter what the devs have been saying. It doesn't even fucking matter as long as they are not of the SKyrim/PoE variety where exploring a shithouse puts you in a 20 seconds loading screen.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

This test is with hairworks i believe. Hairworks cuts framerate like motherfucker regardless of GPU.

People been playin' TW3 on Ultra locked 60 with single 980 when hairworks was off.
You can find the benchmark with the hairworks off lower on the page and the performance is still abysmal...

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I didn't even want to add the first Witcher to the curator at first. I think they're pretty poor, overrated RPGs on the whole.
/sigh
Why even drag TW1 into this? Combat system aside, it was a great game with well-written story and interesting characters.

Few games are more overrated on the Codex than TW1. What's weird is how so many people consistently praise it for the things it did worse than its sequel. I mean, I can get people saying "I like it because of its ambitious scope, a big medieval city to explore" or "I like it because of its atmosphere". Those are the reasons I finally added it to the curator. But no, instead they go "good writing". :roll:

Perkel

Arcane

You can find the benchmark with the hairworks off lower on the page and the performance is still abysmal...

Mind you those benchmarks are on standard drivers.

After release (usually day or two) both Nvidia and AMD release their profiler drivers which sometimes change FPS a lot.
I think Nvidia released drivers today.

Cadmus

Arcane
I totally missed this, how do you get XP then?
Few games are more overrated on the Codex than TW1. What's weird is how so many people consistently praise it for the things it did worse than its sequel. I mean, I can get people saying "I like it because of its ambitious scope, a big medieval city to explore" or "I like it because of its atmosphere". Those are the reasons I finally added it to the curator. But no, instead they go "good writing". :roll:

muh PoE:(((((((((
With CDPR getting richer and richer, you should reconsider your criticism, they might not invite Grunker to their bunker to show him the next game's sex scene motion capture.

hivemind

I didn't even want to add the first Witcher to the curator at first. I think they're pretty poor, overrated RPGs on the whole.
/sigh
Why even drag TW1 into this? Combat system aside, it was a great game with well-written story and interesting characters.

what was wrong with the first witchers writing?

Cadmus

Arcane

After release (usually day or two) both Nvidia and AMD release their profiler drivers which sometimes change FPS a lot.
I'm thinking of getting a new gfx card and I can't think of a reason not to get nvidia since they pay everybody to run the games like shit on the competitors cards =/ it's fucking horrible

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
What's weird is how so many people consistently praise it for the things it did worse than its sequel. ... But no, instead they go "good writing". :roll:
TW2 writing was near-lethally boring watered down nonsense which insta-evaporated from my mind as soon as I quit the game (and I quit it about halfway through, so maybe it gets better closer to the end - I'll never know). If you think that TW2 writing > TW1 writing, I truly don't know what to say...

ArchAngel

Arcane
Star Wars Jedi Academy is still the game with best real time action combat combined with cool powers usage. Why cannot witcher just c/p that combat? They even got jedi like signs for witchers.

:nocountryforshitposters:
I guess you didn't play it. Your loss.

wrong i played all of them. They are fun but control scheme is simply bad as it uses same system as Rune where movement of your character decides what strike it uses instead of strikes being predefined to button or movement set.

It is essentially even worse system than TW has. At least in TW character tries to hit something where in this case your attack when you move left will start as left instead of stationary.
Either way system promoted button mash.

Its strength though lied elsewhere. Verticality of combat and augmentation of combat via skills (force jump, pull push etc) which worked excellent compared to sword fighting.
It is still better than all witcher games. And of course I was thinking about the whole package, not just sword fighting.

Perkel

Arcane

Because it has legit good writing and what's more it is perfect book to game conversion.
English troubled version sure isn't perfect but overall characters, C&C and story stands above most of RPG released in last 10 or 20 years.

I think problem for most people is that they didn't read books so they can't or don't understand some of characters personality/history/motivations etc. For most people Geralt for example is basically wooden character ala batman where books paint something completely different.
Books in reality deal with most of hard stuff and game simply continues it with full baggage so player who read actually books understands character more and their sometimes weird behavior for new players may simply look bad but for players who read books is completely understandable.

Imo i think TW3 will be much better case for that than TW1. In TW1 at least they tried not to clubstomp player with book knowledge playing amnesia card but in TW3 they completely go to books lore. Sure they may give some flashbacks but to get TW3 you will really need to read whole TW saga. It is not an option if you want to "GET" game.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

I'm thinking of getting a new gfx card and I can't think of a reason not to get nvidia since they pay everybody to run the games like shit on the competitors cards =/ it's fucking horrible
Never had a problem with Ati cards on any Nvidia sponsored games,only if you enable some of their bullshit option that seems to do nothing most of the time than eating 10-15 fps..
Even Ati has some of their sponsored games like Dirt,Sleeping dogs...
They are both good,but the GTX 900 series is better in any situation,better temperatures,less power consumption..

What's weird is how so many people consistently praise it for the things it did worse than its sequel. ... But no, instead they go "good writing". :roll:
TW2 writing was near-lethally boring watered down nonsense which insta-evaporated from my mind as soon as I quit the game (and I quit it about halfway through, so maybe it gets better closer to the end - I'll never know). If you think that TW2 writing > TW1 writing, I truly don't know what to say...
j3uJvFv.png

ArchAngel

Arcane
TW1 was awesome because it is only story where they didn't fuck up time traveling :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom