Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Letho back in the game? good i hope this time i can kill this faggot for good :smug:
You can dispose of him in Witcher 2 so you don't have to deal with his bullshit again,bald ass mofo..

Hegel

Arcane
Ciri is OP :smug:
The main quest is one giant cutscene + go from point A to B.

Suchy

Arcane
Bros, WTF is going on here? It's staring to look like that thread on Behtesda boards, hours before the first teaser of Fallout 3.

darthaegis

Cipher
Ciri is OP :smug:
The main quest is one giant cutscene + go from point A to B.
RPG OF THE YEAR AWARD - IGN, Gamespot
"The main quest is a shining example of cinematic choices and emotionally provoking content (secks), never before seen in an RPG. This game truly deserves this award. mainly cuz we're casuals and can't play Underrial because too hard 5.9\10."
"A true hallmark in Role-Playing Gaming. A bit too hard on Story Mode Difficulty, but nonetheless the best main quest progression and pacing in an RPG. 9.3\Doritos"

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
http://naekranie.pl/aktualnosci/wiedzmin-3-dziki-gon-na-cenzurowanym-co-wycieto-z-gry

XcSWnNo.jpg

WTF? Censored version is actually more arousing. Lace thong, plus flowing hair, VS Gouraud-shaded buttcheeks and what seems to be a keffiyeh/? Sure, the censored version sports a non-thong-matching off-white bra, which it totally 2/10 in my books, but still not as crappy as that rag she's wearing in the uncensored picture.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Eurogamer review:

It's not without missteps. For one thing, this is an unapologetically hyper-masculine power fantasy, set in a feudal world that is sometimes gruesomely misogynistic. There are a lot of ludicrously revealing necklines and CD Projekt can be so dogged in its pursuit of moral ambiguity that it winds up muddying waters that ought to be crystal clear. (At one point, a wife-beating alcoholic baron is redeemed and made sympathetic; his wife, naturally, cheated on him.) And yet: The Witcher 3 doesn't dehumanise, neuter or ignore women the way so many games do. This is because it doesn't dehumanise anyone the way so many games do. The storylines that tackle oppression do so with empathy rather than righteousness. Even its adolescent sauciness has a kind of honesty: this is a video game in which sex is messy and fun and, well, sexy, as opposed to the calculating negotiation it is in BioWare's games (or the pervy sideshow it is everywhere else).

They gave it gold. They support masculines and misogeny !

I'm still looking for the missteps...

(seriously, the amount of stupid and contradiction in that quote is off the chart)

edit:
- since when is making a masculine (whatever that means, playing a male protagonist who's badass?) game with power progression and violent combat a misstep?
- naked skin BAD! RRAAAARHHH (everyone should walk around wrapped from head to toe. Or wear a burka.)
- game gives you choices and different perspective instead of telling you what to think?! BLASPHEMY! (not that I sympathize with a wife-beating character, but making things a bit more complex is never a bad thing. And if it was clear cut and she was the innocent helpless victim, how well would that go? MAH MUHSOGYNY! Honestly, in a situation like this there is no right way. This way she's "being punished for having sex" or some shit like that. These guys don't understand the game is not intended as propaganda.)

VS.

- game is good, because it treats characters as people and "tackles" opression with empathy. Sex feels natural and not like a calculated trade minigame.

Well, pick fucking one or the other, genius.

Last edited:

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
I didn't even find the post funny but you sound autistic for giving someone a "fake brofist".

It's a fucking like button not a nobel prize

*Broflation dude! Don't you read "Site Feedback"

Zep--
*that's what I get for trying to combine jokes from 2 different threads I guess.

Alfons

Prophet
So I watched a couple of playthrough vids. The people that expect an improvement in the quality department are going to be disappointed.

Gerrard

Arcane
People who think Roche is a bro vs people who think Triss loves you

Who is the bigger beta and why?

Zeriel

Arcane
People who think Roche is a bro vs people who think Triss loves you

Who is the bigger beta and why?

But... what other choice do you have? Those are the only paths. Unless you count aiding Iorveth to free Saskia as somehow separate from the Triss path.

Hegel

Arcane
Of course the sorceresses are trying to manipulate you, Geralt himself acknowledges he's a moron for letting others play him, heck even Ciri manipulates him.
If you pick Yennefer, the other witchers won't waste occasion to remind you how beta you are and what a bitch of a woman you picked.

Gerrard

Arcane
You can deal with Triss' matter regardless of who you side with.

Both her and Roche only use you to further their own goals though.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Meh, gonna larp the book Geralt. Bang every chick I can but return to Yen in the end, also bleed anyone who wants to harm Ciri and/or use her for their own agenda.

roll-a-die

Magister
Where's Pillars?
#19 of the top 20 or so it looks like, second to last top seller on the first page.

NINJA-EDIT: Tired Roll-a-Die is tired, 24th of the top 25. What can't everyone just stick with even numbers.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Where's Pillars?
Not funny. Pillars didn't have 0.001% of that crazy marketing budget.

The amount of hype and news coverage is unbelievable. Last few days whenever I looked up I half expected to see a TW3 ad in the sky made of stars in parsec-wide letters.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom