Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher The Witcher 4 - A New Saga Begins

I don't feel like digging through the books right now but I was roughly quoting from the series with the line about how no beautiful woman would ever pursue magic in the first place, because she wouldn't need to.
Perhaps beautifying magic. But magic gives a woman much more than beauty - power. So why would a beautiful but low born woman with a talent for sorcery resign from a way to elevate her social status and join the ruling elite?
That is from the books. And Ciri gets called ugly before the scar.
Yennefer calls her so, in a playful way. Later Ciri was considered very pleasant to look at, even despite the scar, for example by Galahad.
I don't know, why are you asking me? Sapkowski wrote it, not I.
I can't remember such line in the book series. And I don't think Sapkowski would write something like this - it just sounds illogical for him.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I don't feel like digging through the books right now but I was roughly quoting from the series with the line about how no beautiful woman would ever pursue magic in the first place, because she wouldn't need to.
Perhaps beautifying magic. But magic gives a woman much more than beauty - power. So why would a beautiful but low born woman with a talent for sorcery resign from a way to elevate her social status and join the ruling elite?
That is from the books. And Ciri gets called ugly before the scar.
Yennefer calls her so, in a playful way. Later Ciri was considered very pleasant to look at, even despite the scar, for example by Galahad.
I don't know, why are you asking me? Sapkowski wrote it, not I.
I think you are misunderstanding or misinterpreting his words.

It's quite evident from the fact you didn't grasp the playfullness in Yen's words when she called Ciri ugly.

notpl

Arbiter
She tries to lose her virginity to a dying man and he bleed out before he cums, dude. Her being a femcel is a running gag and I fear you may be the one who is missing the humor if you don't get that.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
She tries to lose her virginity to a dying man and he bleed out before he cums, dude. Her being a femcel is a running gag and I fear you may be the one who is missing the humor if you don't get that.
Are you sure you're not the incel here?

Zlaja

Arcane
My main fear with CDPR adopting ESG is that they will hire more DIE hires. And if CP77 was already very buggy, imagine a CP77 made by DIE hires...

CD Projekt Red Developer Mary Kenney Who Declared “Every Lever” Must Be Pulled To Push LGBTQ+ Agenda Hints She’s Working On ‘Cyberpunk 2077’ Sequel

Damn. I guess Cyberpunk 2077 2 is dead then. And if people with that kind of mindset are working on it, then there is no guarantee what kind of people are working on The Witcher 4, too.

Personally, I'm not interested in either a sequel to Cyberpunk or Witcher 4. Not mainly because of some DEI hires working on them, but rather because I find Cyberpunk 2077 to be such a dissapointing experience, and because the whole Witcher thing has gotten a bit tiresome. Geralt's story is over and I don't find any of his sideshow crew interesting enough to be a protagonist of their own adventure (fuck that boring Ciri character, especially).

Also, I can't help but cringe whenever I hear the word 'Witcher' these days, because of all the attention this franchise has gotten from all the casual hobby tourists (especially female ones). Whenever I hear the word, I immediately picture in my head a female streamer yelling: "Oh God, I can't wait to get into this, you guys! This is gonna be so awesome!!!".

What I really can't understand is how some people seriously say that they like Witcher 3. The game is awful. The entire gameplay consists of "go to the place marked by quest marker, enable the "secret Witcher vision", follow the red footsteps, fight a boring monster". The battles consists of "click-click-click", almost every monster have the same tactics.
The book series is all about intrigues, it contains tons of references to real historical events. But Witcher 3 is just a typical story about the chosen one anime girl.

Vic

Savant
What I really can't understand is how some people seriously say that they like Witcher 3. The game is awful. The entire gameplay consists of "go to the place marked by quest marker, enable the "secret Witcher vision", follow the red footsteps, fight a boring monster". The battles consists of "click-click-click", almost every monster have the same tactics.
The book series is all about intrigues, it contains tons of references to real historical events. But Witcher 3 is just a typical story about the chosen one anime girl.
The problem with W3 is that it's overhyped. If it was a little known game it would be great. But you go in expecting some awesome game based on all the hype but what you get is just a pretty mediocre action RPG with some nice quest writing.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The problem with W3 is that it's overhyped. If it was a little known game it would be great. But you go in expecting some awesome game based on all the hype but what you get is just a pretty mediocre action RPG with some nice quest writing.
fortunately there's no hype for Starfield, so you can freely enjoy it.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Yet The Witcher III is still a substantial improvement over its immediate predecessor. :M

abija

Prophet
Idk, played TW2 a lot, barely managed to get through 3. They streamlined all the game out of it.

Iucounu

Educated
I expected little more than a Skyrim clone, but didn't even get that. :cry:

Vic

Savant
I expected little more than a Skyrim clone, but didn't even get that. :cry:
CDPR and Bethesda make different games. One is more sandbox, roam around and find your own fun. The other is much more scripted and linear but also has better writing.

I don't care much for writing in video games, so I prefer the game that has more game to it. W3 is incredibly boring for me and I gave it 3 attempts and the furthest I got was to Skellige.

The same with Cyberpunk vs Starfield.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Yet The Witcher III is still a substantial improvement over its immediate predecessor. :M
And neither has come close to TW1.

Aarwolf

Learned

It depends. Witcher 2 is better RPG, has two mutually exclusive branches depending on who you sided with and has better antagonists (Roche/Iorweth depending on your choice and Letho). Witcher 3 is better game overall, but is tempered and adjusted to broad audiences tastes - the best example is Roche's path, where you can bond with Roche and his men in brothel and then in the next act almost all of them are killed, and Roche's right hand, Ves, is raped. Witcher 3 is less gritty, the only standout is Blood Baron, but even there some things are omitted or only hinted at. Witcher 2 was more direct, just like the books.

Mikeal

Arcane

gdyby gothica robiło cdprojekt: Quest przyjęty, "Zagoniony strażnik" WCIŚNIJ KLAWISZ BY UŻYĆ BEZIMIENNYCH ZMYSŁÓW Bezi: Hmm, ślady butów strażnika... i łap... Doszło do walki. Ślady prowadzą do tej jaskini. Lepiej to sprawdzę. Walka z kretoszczurami, LELELELELELELELEELELELELELELE Bezi podczas walki z jednym małym kretoszczurem robi 10 piruetów, salt i parad. WCIŚNIJ KLAWISZ BY UŻYĆ BEZIMIENNYCH ZMYSŁÓW Bezi: "No proszę, jest nasza zguba ( ciało świeci się na czerwono tak że widać je z daleka ). A to co... amulet... Lepiej porozmawiam o tym ze Złym. ODDAJ AMULET / ZACHOWAJ AMULET Zły: No proszę, jednak się do czegoś przydałeś. Oto twoja zapłata. ( wybór oddania amuletu nie ma żadnego znaczenia ) LELELELELELE QUEST ZAKOŃĆZONY

I remember the music being pretty great on TW3

Still the worst of the trilogy though. A lot of it sounds a bit too Hollywood. Doesn't give the same atmosphere as Witcher soundtrack.

I also don't know why they didn't take Adam Skorupa back for Witcher 3.

I believe it would be a big waste to not publish such a song and let it die in oblivion on a dusty backup HD.I composed this song with the meaning of the game in 2013, but the track was never accepted/used/paid by "the client" .. so I feel free to release it as a "fan art".I am full of hope that all "The Witcher" series fans will find it interesting and worth of listening. I would love to hear your feedback!

-M-

Learned
Witcher 3 does sound overproduced at times, but on the whole it's pretty good. The Percival music (Polish folk band mostly used in tavern music) fits really well and they do a good job incorporating the themes of the older games (and even manage to slip in some good music from the otherwise infamous Wiedźmin television show).

I'd prefer the more natural sounding music of Witcher 1 and 2, but Witcher 3 is still better than just about anything Bioware or Bethesda has ever put out.

Aarwolf

Learned
(and even manage to slip in some good music from the otherwise infamous Wiedźmin television show)

Music from the show was the best thing about it and it was one of the last pieces of music written by the late Grzegorz Ciechowski.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom