Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher The Witcher 4 - A New Saga Begins

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
1723509128301.png

1723509207413.png

Fargus

Arcane
Right. Year old video with 80k views. There are millions of subhuman worms that are going to pre order Cybercunt2078\Bitcher 4: Ciri's PMS. All CDPR need to do is to fake another presentation and then keep shoveling bullshit right into the mouths of these lemmings until their slop is released.

You cant change the retard. Retard is enernal.

Vic

Savant
Right. Year old video with 80k views. There are millions of subhuman worms that are going to pre order Cybercunt2078\Bitcher 4: Ciri's PMS. All CDPR need to do is to fake another presentation and then keep shoveling bullshit right into the mouths of these lemmings until their slop is released.

Are we still talking about video games?

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

With culture warriors that went full retard (and you know you should never go full retard) it's never truly about video games.

As for CDPR, my woke detector is not as touchy as others. Level of woke nonsense in CP 2077 was acceptable for me - it's a dystopia anyway.

What some imbeciles consider 'woke' in the Witchers was just staying true to Sapkowski's works - he was an old lefty long before 'wokeness' was even a thing. He wrote the powerful sorceresses of the Lodge and girlboss Ciri long before such trends appeared in western art - hence it was much less cringe and derivative back then.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Witcher 4 will be a massive open world with hundreds of tables to play Gwent at. That'll be the point of the open world, see – strategize around what order you go to tables to (depends on level and region) to win the cards you need to build a better deck. Naturally, there will be choice and consequence too – some cards are exclusive to certain decisions you make in the game, such as which character you beat at Gwent and which you let win. It also makes playing a female character perfectly reasonable – she won the Lynx pendant at cards, and her dream is to be the best Gwent player in the world.

Naturally, CDPR knows its audience and what they desire the most - the famous steamy sex scenes so common in the witcher series. Well, you'll be able to get fucked in any tavern you head to; in fact it's a game mechanic for if you run out of money to wager at Gwent – you can always wager your character's body. CDPR is also quite excited to say that with the shift towards making Witcher 4 a fully deck-building game, producing new DLCs will become a breeze – a dozen expansion packs are already in the works with a dizzying variety of new cards.
Buck. You're out of touch. Have you followed the Witcher franchise since 2007 or whatever? Twitcher 1 - that game had LOTS of random fucking, including giving some girl a frickin candy for a quicky. Twitcher 2? Besides that intro steamy scene and the underground bath, it's as sexless as a Tolkien book. Twitcher 3 is even worse. You can bang like four women in a 100h long game. What the actual fuck.
That's why W4 will have a female protag, duh. It was difficult for CDPR staff to craft sex scenes where Geralt fucks women, but scenes where the player gets fucked left and right? That's much closer to the heart of the genderqueer team at CDPR, and you needn't fear the lack of eyecandy. Indeed, word is many around the office engaged in live re-enactment of the in-game scenes to ensure they were 100% realistic. That's how dedicated CDPR is to give you the best experience possible.
I was sick and appalled with the idea of the entire driving minigame in Cyberpunk being a brave transsexual being so brave storyline and refused to do these quests at all, but eventually I realised driving in Cyberpunk is plain shit anyway and I'm not missing out on anything at all. Sasuga CDPR, way to put unlikeable demonic shit behind unlikeable demonic content.
Valid, but you missed the chance to seriously screw him over.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Witcher 4 will be a massive open world with hundreds of tables to play Gwent at. That'll be the point of the open world, see – strategize around what order you go to tables to (depends on level and region) to win the cards you need to build a better deck. Naturally, there will be choice and consequence too – some cards are exclusive to certain decisions you make in the game, such as which character you beat at Gwent and which you let win. It also makes playing a female character perfectly reasonable – she won the Lynx pendant at cards, and her dream is to be the best Gwent player in the world.

Naturally, CDPR knows its audience and what they desire the most - the famous steamy sex scenes so common in the witcher series. Well, you'll be able to get fucked in any tavern you head to; in fact it's a game mechanic for if you run out of money to wager at Gwent – you can always wager your character's body. CDPR is also quite excited to say that with the shift towards making Witcher 4 a fully deck-building game, producing new DLCs will become a breeze – a dozen expansion packs are already in the works with a dizzying variety of new cards.
Buck. You're out of touch. Have you followed the Witcher franchise since 2007 or whatever? Twitcher 1 - that game had LOTS of random fucking, including giving some girl a frickin candy for a quicky. Twitcher 2? Besides that intro steamy scene and the underground bath, it's as sexless as a Tolkien book. Twitcher 3 is even worse. You can bang like four women in a 100h long game. What the actual fuck.
That's why W4 will have a female protag, duh. It was difficult for CDPR staff to craft sex scenes where Geralt fucks women, but scenes where the player gets fucked left and right? That's much closer to the heart of the genderqueer team at CDPR, and you needn't fear the lack of eyecandy. Indeed, word is many around the office engaged in live re-enactment of the in-game scenes to ensure they were 100% realistic. That's how dedicated CDPR is to give you the best experience possible.
I was sick and appalled with the idea of the entire driving minigame in Cyberpunk being a brave transsexual being so brave storyline and refused to do these quests at all, but eventually I realised driving in Cyberpunk is plain shit anyway and I'm not missing out on anything at all. Sasuga CDPR, way to put unlikeable demonic shit behind unlikeable demonic content.
Valid, but you missed the chance to seriously screw him over.
that would entail engaging with the freak

jf8350143

Liturgist
The top comments on that video are interesting
CDPR has officialy sold its soul to the devil. How the mighty have fallen...
Lol, mighty. They did make only one good game before bending the knee to "audience" and "publishers" - W1. CDPR is finished like Bioware and Bethesda.
CDPR falls way faster comparing to Bioware and Bethestda. Witcher 3 was less than 10 years ago.

babayaga

Literate
Just like in Hollywood, sex scenes usually add nothing to the plot and actively remove the seriousness and immersion. It is just an exchange of goods with no weight behind it. It feels cheap and boring. It's like watching fat people eat. Even if it is "natural" to consume food seeing a fatty gorge on something repulses me. Baldur's Gate 3 really reaffirmed this for me. Pointless sexscenes for the sake of it with a weird queer twist on top of it. I ignored all this stuff in Witcher as it is based on the books that are just like this but if I could get rid of it I would. The world would lose nothing.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
As for CDPR, my woke detector is not as touchy as others. Level of woke nonsense in CP 2077 was acceptable for me - it's a dystopia anyway.

Yes, "woke" is a huge problem, but people take it to the extreme, for eg, if BloodRayne was launched today, the fact that the MC is a half vampire and she kills nazi occultists would be enough to it to be labeled "woke". Same if bioshock 1 was launched today as a diehard critique towards individualism.

My main fear with CDPR adopting ESG is that they will hire more DIE hires. And if CP77 was already very buggy, imagine a CP77 made by DIE hires...

-M-

Learned
Same if bioshock 1 was launched today as a diehard critique towards individualism.
The gaming press always loved to see this game with whatever aligned with their politics, but I always felt Ken Levine did a pretty decent job of shitting on all sides. I recall him mentioning he never wanted to make any grand political statement but just wanted a cool setting for the game, but I could be wrong.

He did chicken out after getting blowback when Infinite had the communists turn out to be just as bad, if not worse, as the people they overthrow (lots of history on his side here). So in one of the expansions they have the communist leader being told to 'act evil' for 'the greater good' or something. Very stupid and cowardly writing on his part.
My main fear with CDPR adopting ESG is that they will hire more DIE hires. And if CP77 was already very buggy, imagine a CP77 made by DIE hires...

CD Projekt Red Developer Mary Kenney Who Declared “Every Lever” Must Be Pulled To Push LGBTQ+ Agenda Hints She’s Working On ‘Cyberpunk 2077’ Sequel

Harthwain

Magister

CD Projekt Red Developer Mary Kenney Who Declared “Every Lever” Must Be Pulled To Push LGBTQ+ Agenda Hints She’s Working On ‘Cyberpunk 2077’ Sequel

Damn. I guess Cyberpunk 2077 2 is dead then. And if people with that kind of mindset are working on it, then there is no guarantee what kind of people are working on The Witcher 4, too.

notpl

Arbiter

With culture warriors that went full retard (and you know you should never go full retard) it's never truly about video games.

What some imbeciles consider 'woke' in the Witchers was just staying true to Sapkowski's works - he was an old lefty long before 'wokeness' was even a thing. He wrote the powerful sorceresses of the Lodge and girlboss Ciri long before such trends appeared in western art - hence it was much less cringe and derivative back then.
Sapkowski's works are disgustingly misogynistic, and I say this as a fan. Basically the entire conceit of sorceresses in his books is that their personalities are ugly because they were born ugly - no natural beauty would ever bother to learn magic in the first place, so all sorceresses must be bitter ugly harpies who manipulate their appearance using magic and thus have an irreconcilable resentment toward the whole world. In other words, he wrote powerful women with perfect clarity.

Also, in the books, Ciri is meant to be something of an ugly duckling. People repeatedly comment on it, plus the fact that growing up at Kaer Morhen she was essentially fed masculinizing hormones as part of her pseudo-witcher upbringing.

Vic

Savant

Sapkowski's works are disgustingly misogynistic, and I say this as a fan. Basically the entire conceit of sorceresses in his books is that their personalities are ugly because they were born ugly - no natural beauty would ever bother to learn magic in the first place, so all sorceresses must be bitter ugly harpies who manipulate their appearance using magic and thus have an irreconcilable resentment toward the whole world. In other words, he wrote powerful women with perfect clarity.

Also, in the books, Ciri is meant to be something of an ugly duckling. People repeatedly comment on it, plus the fact that growing up at Kaer Morhen she was essentially fed masculinizing hormones as part of her pseudo-witcher upbringing.
If you think that's misogynistic you are quite frankly retarded.

:excellent:

This is just not true. We only know that Yennifer was ugly before she became a sorceress (she was a humpback, an it was mentioned only once). We also know, that both sorceress and male wizards improve their appearance using magic. But there are a lot of naturally beautiful people in Witcher series. Geralt is described as ugly though.
And no, Ciri is not "an ugly duckling" at all - she was pretty until her face was cut by a throwing star.

notpl

Arbiter

This is just not true. We only know that Yennifer was ugly before she became a sorceress (she was a humpback, an it was mentioned only once). We also know, that both sorceress and male wizards improve their appearance using magic. But there are a lot of naturally beautiful people in Witcher series. Geralt is described as ugly though.
And no, Ciri is not "an ugly duckling" at all - she was pretty until her face was cut by a throwing star.
I don't feel like digging through the books right now but I was roughly quoting from the series with the line about how no beautiful woman would ever pursue magic in the first place, because she wouldn't need to. That is from the books. And Ciri gets called ugly before the scar.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I don't feel like digging through the books right now but I was roughly quoting from the series with the line about how no beautiful woman would ever pursue magic in the first place, because she wouldn't need to.
Perhaps beautifying magic. But magic gives a woman much more than beauty - power. So why would a beautiful but low born woman with a talent for sorcery resign from a way to elevate her social status and join the ruling elite?
That is from the books. And Ciri gets called ugly before the scar.
Yennefer calls her so, in a playful way. Later Ciri was considered very pleasant to look at, even despite the scar, for example by Galahad.

notpl

Arbiter
I don't feel like digging through the books right now but I was roughly quoting from the series with the line about how no beautiful woman would ever pursue magic in the first place, because she wouldn't need to.
Perhaps beautifying magic. But magic gives a woman much more than beauty - power. So why would a beautiful but low born woman with a talent for sorcery resign from a way to elevate her social status and join the ruling elite?
That is from the books. And Ciri gets called ugly before the scar.
Yennefer calls her so, in a playful way. Later Ciri was considered very pleasant to look at, even despite the scar, for example by Galahad.
I don't know, why are you asking me? Sapkowski wrote it, not I.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom