Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher is Fully Enhanced

Micmu

Magister
elander_ said:
The Witcher is an interesting game (similar to Gothic) i would like to play someday but the bugs people talk about and the long loading times are a bit too much. Maybe when there's a Witcher version in SoldOut. Yet another potential good game who was crippled by an horrible game engine.
Witcher's bugs/performance problems are nowhere NEAR Gothic 3. You can safely give it a shot.

Suchy

Arcane
looks like 1.3 is so far much more stable than the "enhanced" one. someone fucked up a bit. a pretty huge bit. i can't even install EE.

but true, even 1.0 worked better than G3.

Fyz

Scholar
peak said:
Yeah, most other companies release bad patches. Mostly none re-record voice overs and re-release the game with some extra stuff that you don't have to buy. As for the hype, sure they went overboard - does that make the patches, or the game, worse?

I don't think they deserve praise for the re-released dialogues. The original ones were so bad, that they should have released it like this in the first place.
Before you say, that they are better than other industry members for fixing these things, I think that releasing a game where the text makes sense should be an industry standard, not something they deserve respect for.

In the end they added the features the game should have come with a year ago, only it's just buggier then before. The fact that they hyped it for a year and delayed it for 4 months makes it simply more ridiculous.

I won't lie - I didn't like the original game. I had some interest in the world, but the text was so poorly translated, that I didn't get to feel anything for any of the characters, most of the dialogue didn't make sense at all, and the translated slideshows were so poor, that I could only guess which of my choices caused the consequence in question. Go ahead and blame the publisher, which in my case is CDP. On top of all this I didn't find the combat fun, challanging or interesting at all. But hey, at least I didn't have any bugs after 1.2.

I just wanted to play the game properly translated with the EE, but I still can't because now it runs horribly slow with graphic glitches on every possible setting.
Wrestling Tricked College Dick 10+-Inch-Cock Granny Leather Spy Latina Public Interracial Close-up Pale Threesome Buttfucking Latex Bizarre Sleeping Big-Ass Slim Mouthful Pigtail Busty-Teen Pure-Sex-Movies Masturbating Shemale Whore Ass-to-Mouth Perky Creampie Twins Mistress Twink Cum-Eating Sybian Uniform Sunbathing Latina Voyeur Jizz

Gerrard

Arcane
No stability problems for me so far. Or any other problems for that matter.

Maybe I'm just lucky.

Suchy

Arcane
After some hassle I actually managed to install the EE. So far no problems, no graphical artifacts, blur or anything else. Loading times are improved.
I gave a quick check on english voice overs+polish text - matches very good, but I played too short to be sure about the translation. Voice acting is ok.

peak

Scholar
Fyz said:
I don't think they deserve praise for the re-released dialogues. The original ones were so bad, that they should have released it like this in the first place.

Before you say, that they are better than other industry members for fixing these things, I think that releasing a game where the text makes sense should be an industry standard, not something they deserve respect for.

They seem to have worked for most people - also, they were the product of Atari afaik.

Fyz said:
In the end they added the features the game should have come with a year ago, only it's just buggier then before. The fact that they hyped it for a year and delayed it for 4 months makes it simply more ridiculous.

Hype - well, if they put out a new version of course they will hype it to sell. Who wouldn't? The trailers were stupid but hey, like, whatever.

Fyz said:
I just wanted to play the game properly translated with the EE, but I still can't because now it runs horribly slow with graphic glitches on every possible setting.

And thus you're back to complaining about bugs again, bugs which will probably always remain in every RPG until Drog gets his hand on it.

Take the EE for what it is - another patch, albeit hyped to sell a new version (with more goodies for those who are interested in it) and with some extra in-game material. Nothing to make you want to cut CDPs nads off, which most h8rs in this thread seem to want. "OMG THE GAME IS BUGGEGEGD evn though its the EE CDP sucks."

If you're on the same "side" as Skyway, take note.

Also I haven't played the game yet.

Suchy

Arcane
8800 GTX with 175.19 driver version.
Also iZ3D 1.08 for stereoscopic gaming, but there is no difference if I turn it off.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Ausir said:
I can understand people complaining about this installation shit, but DU's complaints about the registration are still ridiculous.
I'm secretly working for CD Projekt by distracting people with petty Bethesda-style marketing complaints so they focus on making personal attacks against me, rather than the fact the patch is a steaming pile of shit that wasn't worth the effort.

OH SHIT THE CAT'S OUT OF THE BAG NOW.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Someone should make a "Let's Play registering the Witcher EE in those devilish evilish forums"...

LOCUE !

The Ticktockman

Scholar
bozia2012 said:
Oh, feels soo good looking at all this foam on your mouths. Pure ADHD.

I just ordered the Update pack for liek $6.

When you say you ordered the update pack, does that mean you ordered all the extra EE goodies + EE patch to supplement your original copy? In other words, are they actually selling a way to "upgrade" your old version along with all the physical goodies for cheap? If so, how do you go about doing that? If not, then I fail at reading comprehension.

Fez

Erudite
Polished to perfection to the extent that they accidentally wiped away the blood.

Nice one guys. At least it didn't take another year to patch it again.

Skankster

Novice
So far, so good. No glitches or problems to speak of and no melted face unfortunately, I was looking forward to making screenshots of the bewitched Witcher having fun with the locals, would have made a brilliant Lets Play!

Downloading was nightmarish, but now that it is done, I will burn it onto CD. It does piss me off that this patch needs to link back to homebase every time I wanted to replay this game, so that crack will be included on my CD.

WalterKinde

Scholar
zodden said:
for anybody who bought the North American EE DVD.

Uncensored patch

http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17192.0

restore blood patch (official patch)

http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=16783.0

No DVD crack

goggle "skidrow"

Now it looks like when i get the EE i will have to create a backup disc of the game with these two patches or tweak/edit the game data folder and installer so it installs them automatically when you install the game.
Getting the officially uncensored import version doesn't seem to be worth the extra 10 bucks gogamer is charging, if all you need are these two patches that don't look to be THAT huge.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
The Ticktockman said:
Ausir said:
The update pack is only sold in some countries.

Any more info? Like can I import it to the US? Can I get it in English? I demand Answers!

Please

Dunno about other countries, but in Poland you can get just the additional fluff boxed for $6 (well now it's 8$) - 1.4 patch, the music CDs, the DVDs the new walkthrough and 2 stickers. I don't think they ship it overseas - and Atari wouldn't allow that :) The picture is from full EE.

Anyway, niggers - I just dowloaded the patch and the polish voice pack (~2h). I had to register the game AGAIN. I had it already done, but when I tried to install the patch it told me it wasn't (maybe because it's on another PC?). I'm at the "Please wait 2h" bit now.

Question - will I get both short adventures? I'm going straight 1.0 -> 1.4 and on installation I could only choose "Side Effect"

Fez

Erudite
You need to download one of the adventures separately.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom