Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher is popamole

CrimHead

Scholar
Magic quest compass

end of fucking story

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Wait till you get to the combat.

If there was ever a combat system that deserves to be called popamole, this one is.

POP POP POP!!!!

Hobo Elf

Arcane
In a world where elves, dwarves, undead and even time travel is possible, magical compasses would be the least of my worries.
Just kidding. The Witcher has shit combat.

Nickless

Educated
This CrimHead is a retard, I can feel confident saying that with my one month veterancy over him. :smug:

Then again he's probably Chefe's alt...

I suppose you could argue the Witcher is popamole, but then that'd extend to everything realtime. Pretty pointless thread.

CrimHead

Scholar
Nickless said:
This CrimHead is a retard, I can feel confident saying that with my one month veterancy over him. :smug:

Then again he's probably Chefe's alt...

I suppose you could argue the Witcher is popamole, but then that'd extend to everything realtime. Pretty pointless thread.

I have more posts than you.

But seriously, all the games I've been persuaded to play by codex recommendations have been great... VtmB, Bladerunner, I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, Bioforge....

But the Witcher, so far, is proving to be really sub-par. The combat system is like one big quick time event, and, as such, completely devoid of challenge; the quests have all been boring, fed ex types; and the English voice acting/writing is lackluster to say the least.

I guess the only thing it has going for it, the thing that keeps me from just uninstalling it, is the graphics/atmosphere/world design, which is actually pretty outstanding. But shit, it doesn't matter how cool the game LOOKS, if its boring as fuck.

Hope it gets better, but I seriously doubt it. I'm in the second hub, about 12 hours in, and I'm still just running around doing fucking stupid errands for everyone.

:rage:

Squirly

Educated
And yet, you're both retarded.

Verily, post count means little. I mean, look at me. I'm smart!

As for The Witcher - I enjoyed it a lot more than a lot of current RPGs. The only thing that really bothered me were some of the FedEx quests. Some areas had you running back and forth so often I got sick of it pretty quickly.

I finished the game, but only once. I haven't felt the need to really re-play it since then.

Gerrard

Arcane
CrimHead said:
dumbfuck.gif

Angthoron

Arcane
The Witcher gets a lot better once you get into the city. The intro village is a rather boring place, even though the ending of the quest lines is rather nifty and there's already some long-term C&C present. It's not quite comparable with the great classics, but on its own, once you get to the better parts, it's pretty good.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Oh man TW is the best ar pee gee ever I enjoyed sticking my virtual pen00r into all those holes. Luckily witchers are immune to diseases!

But quite honestly it is a good game. Unfortunately it suffers from a horribad combat (stil better than Arcanum). Story and C&C are fine.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Unfortunately it suffers from a horribad combat (stil better than Arcanum)."

Bullshit.

P.S. TW sex cards are fuckin' awesome, but it's still hilarious how anyone can call a game with them 'mature'. L0LZ

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
I think rpg-wise my last entry is the best, cuz you get to card her after beating up her dad, just like irl.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom