Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher The Witcher: Monster Slayer - augmented reality mobile RPG

Nyx

Novice
I hope the monster coming out of the phone and attacking you IRL actually gets implemented, so that people who play this kind of time-wasting games might get killed and leave us alone.
Aren't all games time-wasting?
You got me. There's absolutely no difference between, let's say, Arcanum and the Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery mobile game, whose only purpose is to trick young kids into spending real money to buy virtual currency that lets them skip artificial "idle times".
I don't like the monetization schemes they push either y'know, no need to be so hostile. But phone games that make ppl more active is a good thing. Like have you tried Ring Fit Adventure? It's pretty fun and it doesn't have a f2p p2w model afaik.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I hope the monster coming out of the phone and attacking you IRL actually gets implemented, so that people who play this kind of time-wasting games might get killed and leave us alone.
Aren't all games time-wasting?
You got me. There's absolutely no difference between, let's say, Arcanum and the Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery mobile game, whose only purpose is to trick young kids into spending real money to buy virtual currency that lets them skip artificial "idle times".
I don't like the monetization schemes they push either y'know, no need to be so hostile. But phone games that make ppl more active is a good thing. Like have you tried Ring Fit Adventure? It's pretty fun and it doesn't have a f2p p2w model afaik.
If you need a mobile game to become more active, you are also probably in need of serious professional psychological help (then, who knows, maybe your psychologist might suggest you to try said mobile game, but you should still see a doctor first).

As you already highlighted, Ring Fit Adventure has nothing to do with the kind of games I criticized. It's an 80$ videogame for a console, not some free-to-play crap for smartphones that constantly ask you to throw money at it.

Also, more often than not, these mobile games do absolutely nothing to make people more active. Maybe it was true in the beginning, when this entire craze started, but now Pokémon GO clones allow you to play without moving a single step. In my experience, it's far more frequent for these dumb games to "force" individuals to play them at every possible moment, even during social gatherings, alienating them from actual social interactions.

Avarize

Magister
Augmented reality actually has huge potential and some day it's going to be incline. The game itself will probably suck but once the genre gets off the ground it might start producing good games in a decade or two.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Augmented reality actually has huge potential and some day it's going to be incline. The game itself will probably suck but once the genre gets off the ground it might start producing good games in a decade or two.
Nothing good will ever come out of the mobile market. The monetization models used in mobile games don't allow for it.

Avarize

Magister
Nothing good will ever come out of the mobile market. The monetization models used in mobile games don't allow for it.
Microtransactions will always suck but I'm still happy the genre is progressing, even if it's not something I'll play.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Ehh... they just want to milk retards for millions of dollars, and know exactly that their usual target audience, especially Slavs, will completely ignore it. Fine by me to take their money.

Nyx

Novice
I remember the times when Angry Birds was a game about throwing birds at stuff. Then I tried it years later, and - buy this, buy that, buy more birds, buy powers. What a shit.
There should be strict laws against this sort of thing y'know, but as always they are too slow to regulate new markets. A lot of responsibility should also fall on Snapple and Scroogle, because they are responsible for the applications sold on their storefront things.
Nothing good will ever come out of the mobile market.
Don't hate on phone games so much, some of them are nice. I like to play CYOA games and card games and they work fine on a smartphone.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Money earned on this should be given to B Team, or some other studio to make Witcher spinoff, in vein of Witcher 1. Maybe even X-COM Witcher, where you upgrade Kaer Morhen and control monster population with your witchers during the times when five steps away from city walls meant guaranteed ghoul gang rape. Instead, it will be spent on implementing dick augmentations in Cyberpunk 2077

Nyx

Novice
Don't hate on phone games so much, some of them are nice. I like to play CYOA games and card games and they work fine on a smartphone.
What "card games" work fine on a smartphone? Heartstone is AIDS.
Not that kind of card games, silly. Games involving the standard french 52 card deck and some other nonsense like Onirim (which is an adaption of a phyiscal card game). Collectible ones are trash y'know.

thesecret1

Arcane
who is going to save them witchers from the real highwaymen stealing their phones though.
Just do what Geralt would do – start doing somersaults around the mugger at a very high speed, occassionally stopping to slap the back of his head. A couple minutes of this and he's dead, with zero danger to you, as you cannot be harmed during a somersault. Might take up to half an hour if he's a red skull enemy though.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

The Witcher: Monster Slayer, a free-to-play, location-based AR RPG from Spokko, member of the CD PROJEKT family, is now available on iOS and Android!

Download for free from Apple App Store: https://thewitcher.ly/MonsterSlayerIOS

Download for free from Google Play: https://thewitcher.ly/MonsterSlayerAndroid

The game challenges players to take on the role of a freshly trained witcher adept and step out into a dark fantasy realm using only their mobile phone or tablet. Using advanced AR features, as well as their location and the time of day, players will be able to hunt down over 100 witcher-world monsters both old and new.

Perkel

Arcane
i just found out about this. Holy shit the rot has set in at CDPR hard. Not one, not two. But 5 naggers.

unknown.png

Peachcurl

Cipher
i just found out about this. Holy shit the rot has set in at CDPR hard. Not one, not two. But 5 naggers.

unknown.png

lol... nice pic, when did they change their messaging? I don't remember this style and choice of protagonists from the trailers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom