Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News This Is Like That Thing Annie Carlson Is Working On

Luzur

Good Sir
my guess its Annie announcing her game and then the Codex kiss her through the monitor.

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
Hey, there are other websites out there than just THIS ONE. They seemed to like it a lot. I thought a response was in order, to basically show our thanks to the internet in general.

Honestly? I count it as the biggest win that you guys even liked the idea A LITTLE and didn't just go "zombies lol stupid whut Annie show us yer tits." Any show of even marginal support in a place so full of jaded rage is a heartening thing.

(And if the Codex even kissed me through a monitor I think it would give me several diseases. ZINGGGGGG)

Luzur

Good Sir
cant say anything about it until ive played a demo or watched gameplay vids on youtube, so i will hold on any opinions until then.

and then when this is done i want to see some announcements about that Phantasie remake, Annie.

denizsi

Arcane
Annie Carlson said:
Honestly? I count it as the biggest win that you guys even liked the idea A LITTLE and didn't just go "zombies lol stupid whut Annie show us yer tits."

You know, it's safe to show your tits to me at the very least (in case you missed the newsflash, it turns out that I'm female), so I can verify their worth for the Codex and you'll never be harassed about it again.

Any show of even marginal support in a place so full of jaded rage is a heartening thing

Jaded rage? Where would you get that?

Pliskin

Arbiter
denizsi said:
Annie Carlson said:
Any show of even marginal support in a place so full of jaded rage is a heartening thing

Yah, you actually have to be old enough to have graduated High School before you fall into the "jaded" category.

"Poseur", I believe is the word you were looking for.

denizsi said:

399px-2008-03-14_Spring_St_skyways_in_Atlanta.jpg

Naked Ninja

Arbiter
If AOD goes well and sells a lot, you should definitely switch to Unity at some point before starting a new project, what with all the limitations on Torque, and the perceived inflexilibity. Unity is amazing.

Or they can just port over to T3D which is a complete overhaul of the graphics engine, allowing them to get all the modern bells and whistles while keeping 70% of the work they put into AoD.

http://www.garagegames.com/community/blogs/view/16853

I tried the Unity demo a while back, at the time I drooled enviously over the graphics while hesitating over the lack of full source access. But I'd invested heavily in Torque so I didn't want to port.

But then T3D was announced, and I've been taking part in the beta for the last few months. I now have no jealousy for Unity users whatsoever. T3D is an incredible overhaul of the engine, what TGEA should have been. The difference now amounts to :

- Unity still has better editors, overall.
- Torque has source access.

As a programmer, I know which I prefer. Unity may be better for people without strong programming ability thought, designers who prefer stronger design tools over ease of extending the engine. For anyone who has heavily invested in Torque though it's a no-brainer to make the port.

Shannow

Waster of Time
DarkUnderlord said:
zombies lol stupid whut Annie show us yer tits.
I already posted the pics Annie previously provided. Or at least pics that are very similar.

Then denizsi show us your tits. We all want to get a look at your luverly sweater kittens. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more.
What's it like...

...to hit on a guy? It's not even that denizsi is a tranny. Calling him a female is simply the worst codex meme since Mantiis stopped posting.

Anyway:
No%20Girls%20On%20Internet.jpg

denizsi

Arcane
Naked Ninja said:
If AOD goes well and sells a lot, you should definitely switch to Unity at some point before starting a new project, what with all the limitations on Torque, and the perceived inflexilibity. Unity is amazing.

Or they can just port over to T3D which is a complete overhaul of the graphics engine, allowing them to get all the modern bells and whistles while keeping 70% of the work they put into AoD.

http://www.garagegames.com/community/blogs/view/16853

I tried the Unity demo a while back, at the time I drooled enviously over the graphics while hesitating over the lack of full source access. But I'd invested heavily in Torque so I didn't want to port.

But then T3D was announced, and I've been taking part in the beta for the last few months. I now have no jealousy for Unity users whatsoever. T3D is an incredible overhaul of the engine, what TGEA should have been. The difference now amounts to :

- Unity still has better editors, overall.
- Torque has source access.

As a programmer, I know which I prefer. Unity may be better for people without strong programming ability thought, designers who prefer stronger design tools over ease of extending the engine. For anyone who has heavily invested in Torque though it's a no-brainer to make the port.

Thanks for the input. Yes, the general ease of use and speed, not just graphical features, is the main reason I brought it up. Plus you can actually get the source to Unity but it takes a lot of convincing. I believe they may start offering the source generally at some point, after they implement some features they've been talking about for a while now.

T3D does look quite capable. I guess, at this point, one can only say that Unity only has better documentation/more user feedback for some of the more advanced features.

Oarfish

Prophet
As a programmer, I know which I prefer. Unity may be better for people without strong programming ability thought

What's the scripting like? Is it still that god awful homebrew language? Unity gets you Boo / Nemerle DSL goodness to pull stunts like this.

Naked Ninja

Arbiter
Torque script is powerful, fairly easy to use (especially if you use Torsion, a full featured IDE for it) and is so close to C++ as to make it laughably easy for any C++ dev to pick up.

Some of the stuff you complained about earlier isn't uncommon in interpreted scripting languages. And I've never encountered a script that returns "none", so where that came from I don't know.

I prefer writing simple RPG data manipulation functions in script, it's generally quicker than writing it in c++, I find.

Oarfish

Prophet
Some of the stuff you complained about earlier isn't uncommon in interpreted scripting languages

Not in ones that were not purely designed for application extension and have large communities using them for general purpose programming. Dynamic typing != weak typing.

it's generally quicker than writing it in c++

So is pretty much anything :) And used to be a massive C++ fag. There's so much more that can be done with a powerful dynamic language than simply avoid compilation.. Good meta programming support can do wonderful things for productivity.

Naked Ninja

Arbiter
Well, use whatever works best for your dev Oarfish. I quite like TorqueScript, if you don't that is your prerogative, not really interested in a "best scripting language" pissing match.

Annie Carlson said:
Hey, there are other websites out there than just THIS ONE. They seemed to like it a lot. I thought a response was in order, to basically show our thanks to the internet in general.

Honestly? I count it as the biggest win that you guys even liked the idea A LITTLE and didn't just go "zombies lol stupid whut Annie show us yer tits." Any show of even marginal support in a place so full of jaded rage is a heartening thing.

(And if the Codex even kissed me through a monitor I think it would give me several diseases. ZINGGGGGG)

Make sure the graphics are good enough, or else...

ninja1.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom