Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Thoughts on Bethesda

• Thread starter User was nabbed fit
  • Start date
Admiral jimbob said:
I wish DU's "ban anyone who asks to be happened" principle would be extended to banning anyone who whines endlessly about how shit the forum is. Shit's getting old. They obviously need a little push to get them on their way, why not lend a humane hand?
Wait, what? Is this a self-jab? You yourself whine endlessly about the Codex, or at least its posters.

On topic: I definitely don't think it's a Drog alt. Drog is not clever enough (he hasn't broken out of his standard troll mold in at least one standard troll-century). If it is an alt I'd say Chefe or Black cat (assuming they aren't the same).

herostratus said:
Admiral jimbob said:
I wish DU's "ban anyone who asks to be happened" principle would be extended to banning anyone who whines endlessly about how shit the forum is. Shit's getting old. They obviously need a little push to get them on their way, why not lend a humane hand?
Wait, what? Is this a self-jab? You yourself whine endlessly about the Codex, or at least its posters.

On topic: I definitely don't think it's a Drog alt. Drog is not clever enough (he hasn't broken out of his standard troll mold in at least one standard troll-century). If it is an alt I'd say Chefe or Black cat (assuming they aren't the same).

It probably is VD. There's a reason why Jaesun won't tell us who it is. He certainly wouldn't be covering for Drog or some other asshat. It's a respected poster here.

Radisshu

Prophet
It's obviously BLOBERT.

Or spacemoose. Or Avellone. Or Gaider. lololo

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
herostratus said:
Admiral jimbob said:

No, go away. Saying that complaining about certain kinds of poster is hating the Codex as a whole is like when imbecile Americans claim that anyone who dislikes a particular politician or something must hate America. It's not the website that makes the Codex, it's the people it holds, and I love it enough to wish to fight the subversives and communists who want to bring it down, belittle it and destroy it from the inside. So tell me, herostratus, who loves the Codex more; you, or the one willing to speak out and fight to preserve all there is to love about it?

DraQ

Arcane
Reptilian Shapeshifter said:
herostratus said:
Admiral jimbob said:

It probably is VD. There's a reason why Jaesun won't tell us who it is. He certainly wouldn't be covering for Drog or some other asshat. It's a respected poster here.
But that would be too obvious, especially after She-VD transformation.

Micmu

Magister
That's a wonderful new direction this otherwise shit thread has taken to. I love it. Carry on!

visions

Arcane
Reptilian Shapeshifter said:

Maybe it's actually a genuine poster and Jaesun merely wanted to thicken the plot? This seems unlikely though in the light of its avatar change to mimic VD's...

Or maybe it's Jaesun himself?

Joghurt

Augur
WOMAN WHEN I SAY SHOW ME YOUR TITS YOU FUCKING SHOW ME YOUR TITS I'M NOT GONNA SAY IT AGAIN

Smiffy

Novice
It is most obviously Jaeson. First he hints at something surrounding this mysterious Melissan, and by doing so pre-empting the natural assumption that she must be someone's alt, which was to come up anyway. The true purpose of this "hint", however, was to make him the least suspicious of being Melissan, because if he was, hinting at her being someone's alt would not quite serve the cause now, would it?

Then someone here started to make very crude sexual remarks targeted at "Melissan" and what happened then?
To construct and keep up an artificial and somewhat complex persona like "Melissan" you need to employ techniques that are associated with method acting, the most defining feature of which is not to actually "play" a character but to "be" him. Thusly "Melissan" more or less came to be alive, a living, breathing human-being with a past, a present and a future, with feelings and opinions, strenghts and weaknesses, etc.
So it was all natural for him to respond to this verbal sexual assault with outrage and disgust. It was necessary though to not do this as "Melissan", since she definitely would not have the power to make it stop, while he as Jaeson does. The "My hero!" response of Melissan's mainly served to diffuse matters, but is of course perfectly on par with this "Melissan" persona.

So, Jaeson it is, for me.

Admiral jimbob said:
herostratus said:
Admiral jimbob said:

No, go away. Saying that complaining about certain kinds of poster is hating the Codex as a whole is like when imbecile Americans claim that anyone who dislikes a particular politician or something must hate America. It's not the website that makes the Codex, it's the people it holds, and I love it enough to wish to fight the subversives and communists who want to bring it down, belittle it and destroy it from the inside.
Nuh uh, I saw several times where you bitched about the Codex in general and not posters in particular. However, given the sorry state of the "search posts by user" feature and the lack of a jimbob.txt prevents me from quoting them, I'll give you as much.

So tell me, herostratus, who loves the Codex more; you, or the one willing to speak out and fight to preserve all there is to love about it?
BUT YOU CAN'T WIN IF YOU BECOME JUST LIKE THOSE YOU FIGHT

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Granted, I went through a period of doing that a year ago or so, until I realised I was even annoying myself. At that point, like the Codex's Malcolm X, I became enlightened and realised where my disdain truly lay.

BUT YOU CAN'T WIN IF YOU BECOME JUST LIKE THOSE YOU FIGHT

po_avenger_l.jpg

MetalCraze

Arcane
Damn GRPGD keeps getting shittier and shittier

"Evil Bethesda! I bought Oblivion. But they don't know what an RPG is! And I bought Failout 3. They can only dumb down games! Spent some moneys on New Vegas. And I hate that coffee bitch, Todd Howard, so much! BTW guise let's interview him."

Bunch of fucking KKK posers. First they spam the shit out of GRPGD with shit like "Beth gaem is gut" then they keep shitting on Beth.

Seriously after New Vegas and "Let's interview Todd Howard" why won't some of you shut the fuck up about evil Beth?

Data4

Arcane
visions said:
This seems unlikely though in the light of its avatar change to mimic VD's...

Along with the use of my "chances are something you like sucks..." quote as "her" sig, which is also VD's sig, AND "her" VD-style line-by-line reply. Those are what clenched it for me.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I don't know. It just feels too...obvious. It's like the person is manipulating it to look like it's VD's alt.

Data4

Arcane
Excidium said:
I don't know. It just feels too...obvious. It's like the person is manipulating it to look like it's VD's alt.

VD doesn't post very often any more. In order to mimic his posting style, she would have done some deeper reading to find his posts. In doing so, she would have had a better idea of what this place is like. Under the assumption that she really was a newbie here, it was obvious that she had no clue what the Codex was about.

Unless she's another troll alt. However, VD's random appearance in the thread is also another clue.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
VD got inspired by the Valve silly cryptic viral campaigns and decided to start his own here in anticipation of the Age of Decadence release next week.

Smiffy said:
So, Jaeson it is, for me.

That's certainly possible. There's quite a bit of evidence pointing to Jaesun, as you described. The only thing that doesn't fit is the writing style. That's not to say that Jaesun can't do it, he just hasn't demonstrated it up to this point, that level of sarcasm and verbosity.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Gragt said:
VD got inspired by the Valve silly cryptic viral campaigns and decided to start his own here in anticipation of the Age of Decadence release next week.
It all makes sense now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom