Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Thoughts on Bethesda

• Thread starter User was nabbed fit
  • Start date

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yay.

Data4

Arcane
Melissan said:
Data4 said:
Melissan said:
Data4 said:
Melissan said:
Jaesun said:
DragoFireheart said:
Melissan said:
You want me to stop saying that I'm girl? Stop treating me like one! That's all I'm asking for.

Fuck no. You love the attention like any other woman. If that were false, you would have made no mention of your gender.

Now post some sexy pics of yourself and get over the denial.

Can you take your shit posts and go elsewhere, this isn't GD.
Thanks for standing up for me, Jason.

:love:

I know you've been put on the defensive by a bunch of blithering asshats, but that's... I dunno, kind of what we are around here.
Why? Why do you think it's funny to bully someone who's new? Instead of making new members feel welcome and safe you attack them until they are forced to leave. If you don't want any new people why do you even let them register?

Here's a classic example of what happens once you get past the Codex newbie initiation: http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/posting.php?mode=quote&p=1625716
I hope that's you after your Codex initiation.

:lol: Okay, you got me there.

Alright, the reality of it is, there are so many places out there that slobber over mediocrity. Whether it's the official forums for particular games or places like Gamefaqs, it seems like critical thinking among the masses of dumbasses is completely absent. We don't fawn over the "new shit" like braindead Bethesda and Bioware fanboys, because we're cynical that with each new iteration of their franchises, the games are dumbed down to appeal to the lowest common denominator for the pure sake of sales.

The banner above says "doesn't scale to your level". While it's a dig at Bethesda's level scaling mechanic, it's also our way of saying "If you come here, you better harden the fuck up, because we'll show no quarter as we rip you and your shitty taste to hell and back."

We're not misogynists, but the female penchant for playing the martyr when being pressed from all sides doesn't play here. We also don't demand you like the same thing as everyone else, but if you make it public that you like what's generally considered a shit game here, be prepared to back it up with points and counterpoints, or just keep it to yourself.

We're not averse to new people joining. We're averse to new idiots joining. While we tend to toss out words like "newfag", or point out join dates when someone says something completely stupid, it's meant to say "You obviously don't know how things work around here." There have been some new people recently that are showing themselves to be quality posters, so it has nothing to do with being new or not. No one ever said new members were entitled to feel warm and safe. This isn't kindergarten. You want warm and safe, I suggest you go join the Bethesda forums and buddy up to Princess Stomper.

We're brutal, do not suffer fools, and have the most lax moderation on the net. That's why everyone who read that you'd reported a post probably soiled themselves from laughing so hard. The only moderation is the moving of stupid threads to Retardo Land and editing the posting of NSFW pictures without warning (not including hidden links, as that's a time-honored Codex tradition.)

And of course, the unofficial motto of the place, "Chances are that something you like sucks. Why? This is the RPG Codex."

Welcome to the jungle.
You know what, this is good, Data4. I've read it several times and I think I understand now. I'll use this motto as my new signature as I've learned this lesson the hard way. I'll never speak of what I like again, only of what I hate as the only comment that nobody had a problem with was about Dungeon Siege 3 looking stupid.

Every word I said was twisted out of context, from now on I'll be the one doing the twisting. Let's see how they like it.

Good luck with that. I mean, if that's your way of adjusting.

Gut instinct tells me, however, that--

you-gonna-get-raped.jpg

But hey, I'm all for cheap entertainment...

1eyedking

Erudite
Data4 said:
:lol: Okay, you got me there.

Alright, the reality of it is, there are so many places out there that slobber over mediocrity. Whether it's the official forums for particular games or places like Gamefaqs, it seems like critical thinking among the masses of dumbasses is completely absent. We don't fawn over the "new shit" like braindead Bethesda and Bioware fanboys, because we're cynical that with each new iteration of their franchises, the games are dumbed down to appeal to the lowest common denominator for the pure sake of sales.

The banner above says "doesn't scale to your level". While it's a dig at Bethesda's level scaling mechanic, it's also our way of saying "If you come here, you better harden the fuck up, because we'll show no quarter as we rip you and your shitty taste to hell and back."

We're not misogynists, but the female penchant for playing the martyr when being pressed from all sides doesn't play here. We also don't demand you like the same thing as everyone else, but if you make it public that you like what's generally considered a shit game here, be prepared to back it up with points and counterpoints, or just keep it to yourself.

We're not averse to new people joining. We're averse to new idiots joining. While we tend to toss out words like "newfag", or point out join dates when someone says something completely stupid, it's meant to say "You obviously don't know how things work around here." There have been some new people recently that are showing themselves to be quality posters, so it has nothing to do with being new or not. No one ever said new members were entitled to feel warm and safe. This isn't kindergarten. You want warm and safe, I suggest you go join the Bethesda forums and buddy up to Princess Stomper.

We're brutal, do not suffer fools, and have the most lax moderation on the net. That's why everyone who read that you'd reported a post probably soiled themselves from laughing so hard. The only moderation is the moving of stupid threads to Retardo Land and editing the posting of NSFW pictures without warning (not including hidden links, as that's a time-honored Codex tradition.)

And of course, the unofficial motto of the place, "Chances are that something you like sucks. Why? This is the RPG Codex."

Welcome to the jungle.
Eh, what? People here nowadays say generic JRPG dungeon crawlers are good games. And some even praised Fallout 3. Dragon Age was thought of as a throwback to oldschool RPGs. For fuck's sake.

Obsidian shitted out abortion after the abortion, and even the total crap that is Alpha Protocol got praised by a lot of people. Hell, people even went as far as saying that Fallout 3 New Vegas was the next best thing since Fallout 2: an example of a completely forgettable game getting the highest praise.

So yeah, wake up pal, that Codex is long dead.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Data4 said:
And of course, the unofficial motto of the place, "Chances are that something you like sucks. Why? This is the RPG Codex.
You got that right, some of the tools here even consider Arcanum to be a top RPG! An incomplete and unbalanced game with a forced tech vs magic gimmick:retarded:

Nael

Arcane
Thread needs more hate. It's getting too pink and fluffy white cloudy in here.

Fuck you all.

Coyote

Arcane
DraQ said:
Black Cat said:
Azrael's Tear is one of the best games ever made, and one of the most monocled ones. Codexia's claim to elitism is baseless until a Let's Play of it has been completed.
The ending is kind of shit, though.

Why don't you make an LP? It'd satisfy your requirement for codexian monocleiness, though, of course, getting someone to do a blind LP would be better.

It's been on my to-play list for a long time, so I'd be willing to do this if nobody else wants to as soon as I get my hands on a copy (which will probably be after I finish my KQ6 LP and possibly one other, since I've got a lot of games on my list for the time being).

Black Cat

Magister
Mighty Mouse said:
You got that right, some of the tools here even consider Arcanum to be a top RPG!

Those fools even claim a game with almost nothing but cosmetic consequences to be an example of well done C&C.

Edit: @ Coyote

If you have trouble getting a copy I can try uploading mine somewhere. It's not like the money is going to reach those guys, anyway.

1eyedking said:

Yet you still come here.

orgasm-denial-gay-stories.jpg

ok guys, I'll stay here with you but no gay stuff, alright? I'm not into that.

santos_party_house.jpg

Hey, 1eyedking! Come to our forum, this place is awesome!

091019011632_sp_ahmadinejad_ap_226i.jpg

No, thanks. I feel...comfortable here. I'm not gay, btw

ahmadinejad_kiss-2430-20091121-92.jpg

I'm just doing this to see if it's as bad as it looks, alright? Don't get any funny ideas.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
I wish DU's "ban anyone who asks to be happened" principle would be extended to banning anyone who whines endlessly about how shit the forum is. Shit's getting old. They obviously need a little push to get them on their way, why not lend a humane hand?

User was nabbed fit

There's not a single bone in my body that doesn't believe this is one of our famous trolls. So many in-your-face signs (some of you have picked up on them).

DraQ

Arcane
ViolentOpposition said:
There's not a single bone in my body that doesn't believe this is one of our famous trolls. So many in-your-face signs (some of you have picked up on them).
That's only because you're a male chauvinist pig!

P.S. Guns are phallic, that's all the proof of male dominance one should ever need.
:smug:

Alt

Augur
ViolentOpposition said:

Yeah, I'm still feeling "she" is an alt. OTOH, I sense real butthurt in some of her musings, which would be atypical for a troll. Except for Drog.

Also, Crispy on page 9 is right and I predict that all will be hunky-dory (as applicable to the Codex) in a few weeks time, IF she stays and assuming she's not a troll.
And those who offered the most resistance in the beginning will be the truest bros later, because their former self was deconstructed before their own eyes and for their own filthy words, so that they could become anew after seeing the errors in their ways.

Hey, Melissan, you might not become an astronaut...because you're female and all..., but if you keep going like that, you might end up a moderator here on RPG Codex. I'd imagine reading 20-pages-threads and cultivating Retardoland can be just as rewarding as hauling satellites to and fro.
And remember: We've got boys and girls here and everything in between, so no excuses this time! :lol:

:M

Alt said:
ViolentOpposition said:

Yeah, I'm still feeling "she" is an alt. OTOH, I sense real butthurt in some of her musings, which would be atypical for a troll. Except for Drog.

Also, Crispy on page 9 is right and I predict that all will be hunky-dory (as applicable to the Codex) in a few weeks time, IF she stays and assuming she's not a troll.
And those who offered the most resistance in the beginning will be the truest bros later, because their former self was deconstructed before their own eyes and for their own filthy words, so that they could become anew after seeing the errors in their ways.

Hey, Melissan, you might not become an astronaut...because you're female and all..., but if you keep going like that, you might end up a moderator here on RPG Codex. I'd imagine reading 20-pages-threads and cultivating Retardoland can be just as rewarding as hauling satellites to and fro.
And remember: We've got boys and girls here and everything in between, so no excuses this time! :lol:

:M

It's kind of like getting bitten by a zombie in a setting where the undeath is spread through bitten infection.

She has self-respect now. But sooner or later, she'll turn. For a while her friends wil scream in horror and flee the monster that was previously her friend. But the disease shall spread, and if she accepts it then she'll have the satisfaction of being on the side of the future, rather than the ever-decreasing and exponentially hopeless hold-out against the massess clamouring at the gate, demanding to eat brains and turn-based tactical rpgs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom