Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Titan Outpost Release Thread

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
That's not a general boost to construction, but for field construction. Placing pumps, girders and all the situational stuff. It also sometimes lowers the threshold for when applying skill to an item to have something good happen if you examine it first. Construction is not the primary beneficiary of awareness but high awa does help in many places.

Technomancer

Liturgist
>for field construction. Placing pumps, girders and all the situational stuff.

Got it, so this is affected by 11 A.

>surgefactor for if you hack the generator and boost the system (in this case construction), which is *1.5
Oh so it makes work faster? I forgot that stuff.

Finally I wanted to ask about 6 Construction, its functional right? You get it by going 5 and then selecting science perks. I will not get fucked by the game? Like if there is a Const. 5 check somewhere but I have 6 instead and game is coded in a way that it needs exact value. I hope it is not so.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Yes surge makes a system faster, with the drawback being that other subsystems are disabled of course.

Yes, 6 construction is functional and won't hurt checks, max checks are almost always >=.

Deadyawn

Learned
Just finished it after having it sit in my backlog for years. I tried playing it once or twice before but always found it a bit too buggy.

In short: it was great. Very unique. I could have done with a bit more difficulty since resource gathering became a non-issue very fast, but maybe that was because of my construction/logistics build.
The interface was somewhat buggy and hotkeys stopped working from time to time, but nothing reloading didn't fix.
The story and characters were good and refreshingly grounded. I choose to believe I did the right thing and fucked off to Mars without solving anything.
Also, I hated the menu music at first but now I really dig it. Solid soundtrack all around.

I'll eventually replay it to see how other builds and story beats play out. For the moment I leave a short steam review and wish you the very best on your next project!

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Patch 1.34

Happy 2023 Everyone!

This update adds a few requested QoL features, two special achievements, lots of little tweaks and a few fixes for rare issues. Meanwhile, The Jovian System is slowly moving towards Alpha. Keep your eyes peeled!

Changelog

New Features
  • See search area exploration progress on world map. Shows up on the hover panel, split by search tier.
  • New Achievement for exploring every searchable area in the game on the 'No Stone Unturned' tier.
  • New Achievement for hooking up a pump at every lake on Karl's list.
  • Added some UI features that should improve SteamDeck compatibility. You still need mouse emulation.

Improvements
  • Improved tab highlighting, better arrows, faster rendering, uniform scaling
  • Changed the way the game handles Steam Achievements
  • Slightly optimized loading times
  • Restructured build, decrease total file size
  • Shipment animations improved if you're in orbital navigator while they arrive.
  • Game now ends gracefully if you stall the time limit post-end for over a year by never leaving or entering the base. Don't know why anybody would do that, but you technically could, so this is now accommodated.
  • "For the republic" now moves to complete as soon as the threshold is met. You can then talk to Ling about it. You can still keep gathering nitrogen to increase you faction relation with the Chinese.

Tweaks
  • Changed wording of 'Applied Physics' perk to reflect maximum skill points
  • Herschel nexus bottom no longer ignores fog
  • Removed some jitter from the default idle animation
  • Made sure the animation doesn't cause the suit's lamps to be annoying when reaching willy
  • Willy's helmet now uses the high res version of the model
  • Timelapse hotkey now works in the orbital navigator when it's free.
  • Switching from hesiod to another location in orbital navigator now transitions camera smoothly
  • Orbiting freighter now accurately refllects the size of the new shipment even if you were already in the orbital navigator

Fixes
  • Corrected Horst compensation values in negotiation panel
  • Jingo Lacus searchable area no longer tied to Kivu lacus
  • Fixed a dialogue line where the audio didn't match the text
  • Fixed bug where detecting Kivu Lacus would make Vaenern Lacus Group visible
  • Fixed obscure issue where mining quest wouldn't move forward past Sionascaig
  • Satellite crash now shows correctly if you're in the orbital navigator while it happens

Technomancer

Liturgist
MF what exactly Integrity does? Is it a multiplier on bribe cost? I'm asking coz I'm curious if I can bribe all people with zero negotiation (on the spectrum) or I basically need negotiation 2 for Money Talks perk that would make bribes work on 100 integrity people. Are there even any 100 in the game? And if so does 100 make them unbuyable without the perk?

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
MF what exactly Integrity does? Is it a multiplier on bribe cost? I'm asking coz I'm curious if I can bribe all people with zero negotiation (on the spectrum) or I basically need negotiation 2 for Money Talks perk that would make bribes work on 100 integrity people. Are there even any 100 in the game? And if so does 100 make them unbuyable without the perk?
Integrity is an inverse bribe multiplier. It is inherent to an NPC's stats. It can be modified by certain actions and by how much WCU they have. I even implemented a mechanic where you can steal their money so they're easier to bribe, but I ended up only using that once.

Off the top of my head Ling and Val have 100 integrity, and Ekta starts at 85 but can reach it. 100 makes them unbuyable without the perk, yes.

Last edited:

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Thanks, found it.

Fortunately I changed the dialogue database structure for Jovian System so I can actually run a spell check on that when it's done. Live and learn.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
So I looked at the UI, and it says that Tuxing Liu can be explored with the Exploration skill. But I can't see where. Spoil me: where can I do this?

And also is there any way for you to share the mouse icon? I'm starting to like them, and I think I want to put it in my Windows.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
The searchable area in Tuxing is on the shore. If you walk towards the water from the base entrance and then away from the base, towards the bottom of the screen, you'll reach it after a short walk. It was sort of a hidden cache to reward random wanderers, but I guess now that it's telegraphed it serves a new purpose.

Sure, I'll release a $3.99 Cursor pack! Just kidding. Do you have an example of any games that made cursors available? Otherwise I can just send you a file. Glad you started to like them. Getting cursors just right on every background and with proper contrast is tricky. Looking at the filename, the final cursor is the fourteenth iteration of my initial design.

The_Mask

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah. I like the ones from StarCraft 1. I actually have them in their original form.

Otherwise there haven't been many that have been unobtrusive and concise at the same time. I think HoMM III would be another good example, but I was never able to get them.

The_Mask

Patron
- Outpost Tholin mound. Look Deeper. Typo at "mineral".
- Ara Fluctus. If you head over to the 3rd point, and then swivel the camera 180 degrees to head back to the rover, the camera will go into the mountain, and then the game will not register your commands to your character, unless you take the camera out of the mountain. This does not require reboot, or whatever, it's just a mild inconveniance.
- Tuxing Liu. If you have the camera zoomed out to the max, entering here will zoom you in a bit.
- Tuxing Liu. The doors opening and closing as you enter are independent from any sound set-up, and they're always heard to the max.
- If you have another battery installed, the main battery will go down to -9, before the secondary one kicks in. This happens if you walk around and explore. If you are building pipes, it doesn't. As far as I can tell.

Your game is fun.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Thanks, I'll add them to the list.

I'll just PM the cursor when I get the chance btw.

The_Mask

Patron
1.35 Update

We're almost nearing Titan Outpost's four year anniversary! Even though I'm working hard on The Jovian System, there were still some minor issues that came up in the last year that needed fixing. I also backported some QoL features.

Changelog
Improvements
  • Tank overview now shows if you hover the mouse over the Outpost on the logistical map.
  • Orbital Navigator button colors now consistent amber.
  • Can now enter his vehicle if Magnus is dead to steal his stuff.
  • Smoothed out terrain in Shangri-La where the Rover could get stuck.
  • Moved to new Unity LTS version.
  • Models update to accommodate new Unity FXB standard. Most already were compliant, some were not.
  • Construction and Research will complete upon clicking the stopwatch icon in the timepanel more often as the estimates are updated during the timelapse.
  • Construction and Research now update on completion even if you have both the construction/research panels open and the time panel. No need to refresh either.
  • FPS capped to 60 if VSync is off for lower spec systems. VSync approach changed.
  • Minor typos in dialogue fixed.
  • Some stat indicator colors changed to consistent amber.

Fixes
  • Can no longer put back the fuel rods in the stranded Chinese truck if you're not actually carrying them.
  • Turn smoothing now completely uncoupled from frame delta so that the character no longer spins in place.
  • Mission log button color fixed.
  • Email inbox list no longer on top of message body on certain screens.
  • Polelya Macula exploration percentage corrected.
  • Clicking on Magnus' private stash will no open dialogue with Magnus and show his name instead of the MagnusWorldSpaceAvatar.
  • Chair no longer clips through Magnus' frozen body.
  • Fixed Magnus death message.
  • Mushrooms are visible again in the outside greenhouse.
  • Hacking Throat of Kraken door while equipped with Ling's Transponder now works.

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
He has done it again! And this time he even put in a new feature:

1.36 Update
Fertilization & Fixes

This update fixes newly reported bugs, adds some QoL features and introduces manual fertilization!

Shoutout to Alexander for the detailed bug report.

Happy holidays and best wishes for 2024!

ChangeLog
Additions
  • New Mechanic: Fertilization. Nutrient consumption has been changed from a background process to a fertilization mechanic where you can use it to double food production for a while. Can be toggled in the Hydroponics Panel.
Improvements
  • Default skin and eye color are now selectable
  • Coffee Seeds now processable in any amount
  • Hesiod Whiskey now processable as well as the empty bottle
  • Volcanic Shards now processable for 1 mineral so they're not useless after the initial discovery
  • Stock panel now shows production
  • Tab highlights now offset in world space instead of local space (meaning they're consistently slightly above the target) Note that tab will not highlight interactables that are 'hidden'. Don't use it as an alternative to thinking & exploring.
  • Helene now explains what getting the Chinese satellite link does
Fixes
  • Opening and closing the orbital navigator no longer blocks hotkeys
  • Tutorial no longer triggers power generator explanation after conversation with Misson Control if you've already constructed a pump
  • Atmospheric Condensation Research now shows correct numbers
  • Outpost Stock Panel Haber Generator shows correct numbers
  • Fixed bug where table (item) buildables would not build due to a missing reference in certain cases
  • Synthetic Biopolymers now refreshes polymer production number
  • Fixed some colors
  • Adanech no longer says "You again" if you never talked to her before
  • Tab highlights no longer show highlights on floors that are not currently visible
  • Saving and loading in Tuxing Liu will now correctly remember if you're in a suit or not
  • Broken transponder can be processed
  • Using science on strange materials no longer lets you add research more than once
  • Can No Longer ask Phil why he's here if the story already moved past that point
  • Can talk to Phil about whiskey even if you use the get all button to fetch it
  • Can no longer farm disposition with Phil
  • After bringing the special cargo to Magnus and it appears outside his camp, you can no longer click it to view the excavation site again
  • Removed handbrake functionality from Rover in Shrangi-la as it didn't do anything that reversing can't do and it would have infinite torque on some systems

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Still steam only eh? I should pick this up and get the OST because the samples are good. Will Jovian have a new soundtrack?

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Still steam only eh? I should pick this up and get the OST because the samples are good. Will Jovian have a new soundtrack?
Thanks. Yeah GoG is still gatekeeping and releasing on itch isn't worth the hassle right now (that might change). Besides, I like how Steam works.

Jovian System will have a new soundtrack. Finished about three tracks so far. I usually write them while working on the locations.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Well, if you need to scratch then I’ll purchase off itchio. My steam abstinence will change when I get a gaming laptop but that might be a long while.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Should I play this game or no?

This and Encased are among the most uninteresting games I have played, they are also janky and run like shit
Bad take. This is a wholly unique game in a genre that desperately needs a shot of creativity. It has jank, but who fucking cares? This is RPG Codex. We like Gothic and Realms of Arkania here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom