Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Titan Outpost Release Thread

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I wouldn't push for GOG until right before you sunset support for the game idk, GOG seems like a good relaunch goal to snowball attention off of and the game kind of isn't at the point where I would say you could launch it and get mildly enthusiastic people you suggest it to to suggest it to a third party.

You can only launch your game on GOG once after all and there's no urgency.

Last edited:

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
You can only launch your game on GOG once after all and there's no urgency.

Makes sense, more players are getting through the game without issues, but definitely not everyone and I'm still doing weekly updates/patches.

Skdursh

Savant
Do you ever put this on sale? I'm considering just getting it for Steam since GOG is an uncertainty, but I'm also a member of rpgcodex, so I'm cheap.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Do you ever put this on sale? I'm considering just getting it for Steam since GOG is an uncertainty, but I'm also a member of rpgcodex, so I'm cheap.
It was on sale for the Lunar New Year event a couple of weeks ago. It'll be on sale again at some point. Not sure when.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
MF I have some detailed feedback to give you about things in the game. Where should I send it?

Deadass

Savant
Finished the free trial version
got to Mars very early so i could eventually buy the game in the future, but oh boy if it is a very, very rough gem:
-there are still many pathfinding problems in the chinese base (i wanted to get into the base but the PC kept going to the roof instead and bugged everything), also i don't know if it is a bug, but the chinese dude that opens the door knew that i had Kang's transponder despite having left it at the outpost lol
-speaking of the chinese base, the doctor there should definitely get a redub, hearing a synthetic voice speaking chinese is not pleasant
-the camera in some parts of Titan is fucking horrible (like in Ara Flactus, but i read the recent changelogs and saw that it was fixed, good), it also bugs the game heavily
-I hate that when i level up i'm forced to spend all the skillpoints, what's the problem if I want to accumulate them for some levels?
-for a 20 euros price i would expect graphics to be a bit better, but i know that it was made by only one codexer so i can't ask for so much, the game has a comfy atmosphere tho
-musics are cool, i liked them
-dialogues and characters are ok, but not memorable (i don't think I've seen them all)
-UI is atrocious, it keeps overlapping itself
-the quest log is also confusing and buggy as hell
-there is a bug with the timer, if i wanted to skip time to unlock a new research i had to constantly press the red clock until the time that was skipped was merely in minutes, and then the research would complete itself
Despite the problems, the game has a soul so i would recommend MF to continue fixing and improving it.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Deadass , I'll be the first to admit that the game isn't perfect yet, but your impression isn't entirely accurate if you pirated the game. Keep in mind that the following paragraph is not necessarily about you. I appreciate the feedback and the compliment.

The 'free trial'. Yeah. Well. Punch me in the face if I'm complaining, but at this point, the pirate to customer ratio seems to be about 5 to 1 and that's a conservative estimate. If people use it as a demo or want to see if the jankiness has reached their minimum acceptable level like you did, that's one thing, but most of the questions I get through support mail are from pirates. Even from people who finished the game, sometimes more than once. Some at least offer useful feedback, but others are sanctimonious and nasty about it. Usually much less friendly than people who actually bought the game. It's starting to get to me that people play a game they didn't actually buy for dozens of hours and then have the gall to complain and ask for support, usually with stuff that's due to an achievement-related quest trigger bugging out because of the crack, or something that's already been fixed in the legit version. I guess in a way it's a good thing that PLAZA is releasing updates if people are using it as a demo, but..I don't know. It's weird. Maybe it's because the game should have been Early Access back in August and I'm still dealing with the fallout of that mistake. Maybe it's par for the course.

It's not just about missing income, either, even though I'm still paying out of pocket. Crack-related issues are tied to the achievements bugging out, so that's impossible to trace. Those issues aside, the way it goes is I do a milestone update with some fixes and a new feature or two, and since the test branch can't cover everything, some new issues with an added feature crop up that I hotfix ASAP. The scene crackers only pirate some of the major updates, maybe with one or two of the hotfixes if the stars align. The result is that the pirates get the new bugs every time, and I'm chasing ghosts for a few days because it takes a while for me to figure out whether or not somebody is using a pirated version. Turns out most people emaling me are! By the time I start to second-guess the fixes I usually realise I'm dealing with a pirate. Most people aren't honest about it, of course.

I've now begun to flip this process. I'll add new stuff in minor updates and only do a major update when it's been in the production build for a while. Also, no new features until the bug reports dry up. That way, hopefully I only get legitimate bug reports, and I can usually resolve those issues within 24 hours.

Regarding your feedback, some comments and followup questions:
-Going to the roof instead of inside was a bug introduced with my improvements to the navmesh system. I fixed it pretty quickly, but the pirate 1.16 update beat me to it.
-Syaoran thinking you had Kang's transponder is due to that feature having been added during your playthrough. Won't happen on a new playthrough. Save games are of course compatible between updates, but checks like those can't be helped because of how the dialogue database works. I always make sure those changes don't break the playthrough, though.
-That's right. Adanech's voice was a placeholder that I kept in because the actress I casted for her didn't come through. Figured it wouldn't be that much of an issue since she's the only character that doesn't speak a single word of English and it sounds like gibberish to most players anyway, but I was planning on replacing that at some point.
-The new cameras work much better, but implementation is very time consuming so I did that one location at a time. Only a couple left now, Ara Fluctus was the worst of the remaining ones. The locations with forced isometric perspective are fine as they are, but people get used to the free cam so they feel it's missing in those locations. The game was released and tested with only a static isometric camera, which was stable but very awkward.
-Skillpoint hoarding is out because your skills influence overall mechanics and Outpost functionality too much to wait for a skill check you might want to pass. It's not like most RPGs where you can add a skill point right before a check or a combat encounter and nothing would change in the meantime. As soon as you raise construction, construction is sped up. As soon as you raise logistics, all systems get a bonus, etc. Besides, a lot of outcomes are non-binary, so the skill checks that lock away content are rare. Perks like Doctor and NiHao do gate things, but nobody every complained about not being able to hoard perk selections.
-Graphics are obviously not the game's selling point. It's detailed and carefully crafted, but stylized and nowhere near photorealism. The feedback I've gotten on that is better than I anticipated, but I don't know how much people tie price to graphics in general.
-Thanks, music was/is my bread & butter and I'm really proud of the soundtrack. OST coming soon.
-So far the people who are fond of the game usually mention the characters as being a highlight, but I guess it boils down to whether you dig Karl and Karen in the early game. They both have their secrets and don't fully present themselves to you until you start figuring things out. There's 18 (or 20 depending on how you count) characters. Phil and Val seem to be the most popular ones.
-What do you mean by overlapping? Text should never overlap, but the transparency effect of the holographic simulation seems to trigger some people.
-What's confusing and buggy about the quest log?
-That's not a bug. The timeline is an estimate because it can't predict player behaviour. Depending on your character status, you could have gotten a fatigue level debuff or something halfway through the timelapse, after which the estimate updates. Your timelapse command will not react to the updated estimate, because you might want to reconsider your decision at that point. If it's off, just pass the time manually for the remaining hour or so. This is why the header says 'estimated future timeline'.

PS I'm still considering a demo with an in-game time limit, maybe limit it to two or three shipments. It'll take me a while to do, though, and it might not be worth it. Would you have used a demo instead of the torrent of it was there?

Last edited:

Deadass

Savant
Deadass , I'll be the first to admit that the game isn't perfect yet, but your impression isn't entirely accurate if you pirated the game. Keep in mind that the following paragraph is not necessarily about you. I appreciate the feedback and the compliment.

The 'free trial'. Yeah. Well. Punch me in the face if I'm complaining, but at this point, the pirate to customer ratio seems to be about 5 to 1 and that's a conservative estimate. If people use it as a demo or want to see if the jankiness has reached their minimum acceptable level like you did, that's one thing, but most of the questions I get through support mail are from pirates. Even from people who finished the game, sometimes more than once. Some at least offer useful feedback, but others are sanctimonious and nasty about it. Usually much less friendly than people who actually bought the game. It's starting to get to me that people play a game they didn't actually buy for dozens of hours and then have the gall to complain and ask for support, usually with stuff that's due to an achievement-related quest trigger bugging out because of the crack, or something that's already been fixed in the legit version. I guess in a way it's a good thing that PLAZA is releasing updates if people are using it as a demo, but..I don't know. It's weird. Maybe it's because the game should have been Early Access back in August and I'm still dealing with the fallout of that mistake. Maybe it's par for the course.

It's not just about missing income, either, even though I'm still paying out of pocket. Crack-related issues are tied to the achievements bugging out, so that's impossible to trace. Those issues aside, the way it goes is I do a milestone update with some fixes and a new feature or two, and since the test branch can't cover everything, some new issues with an added feature crop up that I hotfix ASAP. The scene crackers only pirate some of the major updates, maybe with one or two of the hotfixes if the stars align. The result is that the pirates get the new bugs every time, and I'm chasing ghosts for a few days because it takes a while for me to figure out whether or not somebody is using a pirated version. Turns out most people emaling me are! By the time I start to second-guess the fixes I usually realise I'm dealing with a pirate. Most people aren't honest about it, of course.

I've now begun to flip this process. I'll add new stuff in minor updates and only do a major update when it's been in the production build for a while. Also, no new features until the bug reports dry up. That way, hopefully I only get legitimate bug reports, and I can usually resolve those issues within 24 hours.

Regarding your feedback, some comments and followup questions:
-Going to the roof instead of inside was a bug introduced with my improvements to the navmesh system. I fixed it pretty quickly, but the pirate 1.16 update beat me to it.
-Syaoran thinking you had Kang's transponder is due to that feature having been added during your playthrough. Won't happen on a new playthrough. Save games are of course compatible between updates, but checks like those can't be helped because of how the dialogue database works. I always make sure those changes don't break the playthrough, though.
-That's right. Adanech's voice was a placeholder that I kept in because the actress I casted for her didn't come through. Figured it wouldn't be that much of an issue since she's the only character that doesn't speak a single word of English and it sounds like gibberish to most players anyway, but I was planning on replacing that at some point.
-The new cameras work much better, but implementation is very time consuming so I did that one location at a time. Only a couple left now, Ara Fluctus was the worst of the remaining ones. The locations with forced isometric perspective are fine as they are, but people get used to the free cam so they feel it's missing in those locations. The game was released and tested with only a static isometric camera, which was stable but very awkward.
-Skillpoint hoarding is out because your skills influence overall mechanics and Outpost functionality too much to wait for a skill check you might want to pass. It's not like most RPGs where you can add a skill point right before a check or a combat encounter and nothing would change in the meantime. As soon as you raise construction, construction is sped up. As soon as you raise logistics, all systems get a bonus, etc. Besides, a lot of outcomes are non-binary, so the skill checks that lock away content are rare. Perks like Doctor and NiHao do gate things, but nobody every complained about not being able to hoard perk selections.
-Graphics are obviously not the game's selling point. It's detailed and carefully crafted, but stylized and nowhere near photorealism. The feedback I've gotten on that is better than I anticipated, but I don't know how much people tie price to graphics in general.
-Thanks, music was/is my bread & butter and I'm really proud of the soundtrack. OST coming soon.
-So far the people who are fond of the game usually mention the characters as being a highlight, but I guess it boils down to whether you dig Karl and Karen in the early game. They both have their secrets and don't fully present themselves to you until you start figuring things out. There's 18 (or 20 depending on how you count) characters. Phil and Val seem to be the most popular ones.
-What do you mean by overlapping? Text should never overlap, but the transparency effect of the holographic simulation seems to trigger some people.
-What's confusing and buggy about the quest log?
-That's not a bug. The timeline is an estimate because it can't predict player behaviour. Depending on your character status, you could have gotten a fatigue level debuff or something halfway through the timelapse, after which the estimate updates. Your timelapse command will not react to the updated estimate, because you might want to reconsider your decision at that point. If it's off, just pass the time manually for the remaining hour or so. This is why the header says 'estimated future timeline'.

PS I'm still considering a demo with an in-game time limit, maybe limit it to two or three shipments. It'll take me a while to do, though, and it might not be worth it. Would you have used a demo instead of the torrent of it was there?

First of all, thanks for your clarifications
about the quest log, some quests still remained on despite having completed them, like the poleya macula one, even though i explored every survey point
for the demo, yes i would have probably tried that instead of pirating the game
also, i bought it bro

Last edited:

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The game was in my wishlist for a while and after Felipe Pepe posted the Codex GOTY 2019, it was a no-brainer, so I got it on Steam.

My impressions so far: pretty good game and I even love it more because of the hard sci-fi themes. Music is fine, graphics are acceptable (as good as age of decadence), plot is pretty good, dialogues are good. I am really enjoing the game.

The amount of bugs is a little bit frustrating, but they are simple bugs and will be patched at some point. There are no game-breaking bugs for me.

I will send an email with all my suggestions and bugs that I got so far. I

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
like the poleya macula one, even though i explored every survey point
What likely happened there is that it was the first time you surveyed an area (or leveled up), the game tried to give you an achievement for that, thought Steam was online because of the crack, bugged out and didn't move the quest to complete. That's not to say that I can guarantee there aren't any bugs regarding to quest completion, there might still be, but that one shouldn't be a problem.

also, i bought it bro
Cool. Appreciate it.

My impressions so far: pretty good game and I even love it more because of the hard sci-fi themes. Music is fine, graphics are acceptable (as good as age of decadence), plot is pretty good, dialogues are good. I am really enjoing the game.

The amount of bugs is a little bit frustrating, but they are simple bugs and will be patched at some point. There are no game-breaking bugs for me.

I will send an email with all my suggestions and bugs that I got so far.
Thanks. Glad to hear you're enjoying it. I'll look out for that email.

slepth

Barely Literate
A trick I discovered to avoid ever having power issues:

Take the trait Hyperthyroidism. It lets you dump Physicality to 3 and still climb the mountain and get the cobalt arsenide for the Skutterudite Thermoelectrics right from the start of the game, which doubles your generator's output. It's really good being able to power research and construction simultaneously as early as possible, and makes me think Hyperthyroidism is just an OP trait for facilitating this.

Pardon, where did you click at the map to find that cobalt? I cant find it anywhere at the volcano O_o The only place I can interact was the ice fountain in the middle.

Aemar

Arcane
The 'free trial'. Yeah. Well. Punch me in the face if I'm complaining, but at this point, the pirate to customer ratio seems to be about 5 to 1 and that's a conservative estimate. If people use it as a demo or want to see if the jankiness has reached their minimum acceptable level like you did, that's one thing, but most of the questions I get through support mail are from pirates.

It's not just about missing income, either, even though I'm still paying out of pocket.
Straight from the horse's mouth. It must be incredibly frustrating having to deal with these cheap Somalis constantly asking for technical support in regards to a product they never bought in the first place. And people still wonder whether piracy is wrong or not.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
A trick I discovered to avoid ever having power issues:

Take the trait Hyperthyroidism. It lets you dump Physicality to 3 and still climb the mountain and get the cobalt arsenide for the Skutterudite Thermoelectrics right from the start of the game, which doubles your generator's output. It's really good being able to power research and construction simultaneously as early as possible, and makes me think Hyperthyroidism is just an OP trait for facilitating this.

Pardon, where did you click at the map to find that cobalt? I cant find it anywhere at the volcano O_o The only place I can interact was the ice fountain in the middle.
You get a Search Area prompt in the bottom left of that zone.

slepth

Barely Literate
You get a Search Area prompt in the bottom left of that zone.

Wa......dafuc? How did I missed that? O_o Thanks bro :D

I have been replaying the game few times just to get all the stuff right (loot, skill check, etc) and that was the last one that was bugging me -_-

Butter

Arcane
Patron
This was a couple days ago. I hadn't played the game in a few patches, and I was impressed by the added polish. Good work MF.
1.17 is a major update.

The quest log descriptions have been improved, some quests and related conversations have been thoroughly checked for fringe cases and some loose ends have been tied up. You'll also see a few UI improvements. Once again, thanks for all the feedback.

The 64-bit and 32-bit versions are separated. This means this update is a ~2GB download for some people, which unfortunately could not be helped. It should improve performance a lot.

MacOS and Linux support has been added! A few people outside testing have been playing on a secret branch for a while now and it's time to officially support these.

The soundtrack will also be available later today.

Stay healthy, stay safe!

Changelog

Improvements

• Crash investigation quest has better descriptions in quest log
  • Crash investigation quest related dialogue is more streamlined, some lines can't be repeated ad infinitum anymore
  • Extra clue added for crash investigation mystery
  • Generate power quest moves to complete when you generate enough power to cover the standard systems. The success description will encourage you to keep improving the generator, but it won't clutter your active quest log anymore.
  • Green, green grass of home has an extra 'talk to Val' entry before the end and goes to complete even you choose not to end the game this way.

[*]Neural manifold moves to complete when you upload the imprint. The quest log is clearer on what happened if you choose not to end the game there. A bit of dialogue with Daisuke has been added to accomodate post-end play.
  • The conversation with the singularity is a little more forgiving: You can ask it to do things even if you only manage to gain access later on.
  • Singularity conversation flow improved.
  • Cargo lift in Tuxing Liu Hangar is now functional (it was merely decorative, you can now click it to go up and down)
  • Always run button and cam button hide when opening an interface system that would otherwise overlap with it
  • Inventory panel tabs no longer semi-transparent to prevent legibility problems with overlap
  • Unread messages and research now have unobtrusive icons on the top-left corner instead of text buttons.
  • 'Resume last save' after dying uses the last save of the current character rather than the last save altogether
  • More 'bright mode' improvements.

Fixes

• Construction Bot manual control speed and traction back to normal. This became too slow after an update in 1.16.
  • Val Dialogue dead end fixed after you exhaust all the questions and still want to ask more
  • Rover teleporting to last saved location after entering rover after certain cutscenes fixed
  • Can't ask Karen about hesiod anymore after asking once
  • Human Resources moves to complete if you select a companion by talking to Ekta directly
  • Opening the lander for the first time after already having solved 'Investigate Val's Death' no longer puts the quest back on active again
  • Hacking the singularity or negotiation with it can now be done with both the skill icon and the dialogue options, now correctly labeled regardless of your 'view skill threshold' setting.
  • Some missing audio added
  • Sabotage shows a proper description in the 'complete' quest log if you convince her to abandon the idea of explosives, moves to complete
  • Where's Willy moves to complete if you talk to Karl about it even if you subvert the quest
  • Bad Medicine moves to complete as soon as Louam is in the Outpost
  • Proceed with Infinite WCU for Singularity Post-End game now gives you a massive amount of WCU. Does not count towards 'More Money than...' achievement.
  • Unread research no longer shows when you die

Known Issues

• Reporting to Ling after finishing the Throat quest still teleports the player to the second floor on some systems. It's purely cosmetic and not a big issue so it wasn't a priority, but it will be fixed in a coming minor patch.

Notes

• 32-bit is no longer officially supported. No one has used it so far so that shouldn't be an issue. If you're running a 32 bit system, please mention it in the forum and we'll try to work something out.
  • Quest and dialogue improvements that would alter your progress will not propagate to current playthroughs and savegames so nothing gamebreaking will occur. Keep that in mind if you don't see any changes in a quest description or completion. Most improvements will show up, however.
  • Of course, although at this point I'm pretty confident the quest flow is almost watertight, no amount of testing can ever cover each and every permutation so if you still run into what you think is an inconsistency, please mention it in the bug report forum.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
1.18 Update
This is a big one, with new features, lots of small UI improvements, bug fixes and even a new quest!

The new quest is called 'Refuel Enceladus' and starts out as a simple request from Horst. You can choose to simply follow his instructions or go down another path.

This was a late-game, end of 2078 quest cut from the game to be part of an expansion. The expansion is shaping up to be a completely separate entity, though, so part of the threads that were left open for expansion content will make their way into the base game. It's a short quest with three paths and the ability to obliterate an entire faction. It's short, but two paths have major repercussions, a lot of reactivity and tie up loose ends if you work against the Chinese.

That's a convoluted way of saying there's free new content.

Current players take note: The redundant sleep screen is gone. Fatigue level and sleep deficit are now shown in timelapse panel.

Again, thanks to everyone for the continued feedback.

Changelog

New features and improvements

• 'Refuel Enceladus' quest added.
  • New ending slide for complete destruction of Helene.
  • New achievement for destroying Helene.
  • Helene can now be destroyed to complete Mass Murder Alibi without Yat-Sen's help. Or for people who want to kill everyone.
  • Can now talk to Ling through the comms channel for menial things like asking about Jingpo Lacus or the Satellite feed. He will refuse to discuss delicate affairs remotely, however.
  • Chinese quests move to complete (failure) if you kill them.
  • You can 'rest while tired' when in the rover.
  • Asking Ling about Jingpo Lacus is more forgiving.
  • Can't request access to Chinese satellite from Helene without requesting permission from Ling first.
  • Daxia and Louam will respond to your transgressions against the Chinese. You can convince Louam to stay with Poker Face or Charisma 10, but Daxia will just sneak out.
  • Set of 5 girders buildable item added.
  • Tutorial reworked to accomodate getting rid of the sleep screen.
  • Morale loss for staying in rover reduced slightly.

UI improvements

• The sleep screen is gone. Fatigue level and sleep deficit are now shown in timelapse panel. It was clunky, redundant and confusing to new players. Clicking on a bed now shows your sleep deficit.
  • Timeline clock icon improved.
  • Mission Log now has checkboxes, checkmarks and status colors.
  • Mission Log description headers are now a little offset.
  • Mission Log now uses the correct amber color.
  • Mission Log more consistent interpunction. (Only on new playthroughs because descriptions are stored in the savegame)
  • Failed or subverted quest entries are now shown as red.
  • Vänern Lacus Group title no longer overflows in the 'entering location' panel.
  • Player driven timed special events now show up in timeline. For example, the Herschel nexus arriving.
  • Base modules can no longer be placed by right click. (used for scrolling, this prevents accidental placement)
  • Dates for mission log and 'shipment due' are now consistently formatted.
  • Available Channels List is updated when you open the panel, not when you enter the command center.
  • Scrolling through savegame buttons with mouse wheel is faster.
  • Remaining food display in inventory Stock Panel is split into two lines, food days remaining turns red when you have less than five days of food.
  • Mission log blocks camera scrolling.
  • Character names within 2 characters of the character limit no longer overflow the save/load name tags.
  • Email message headers wider.

Fixes

• Searchable area in Vänern Lacus Group now has missing tier 2 item.
  • Fungal Growth dropbox state in the Roster panel is now saved.
  • Daxia wasn't clickable on some systems, interactable spot increased.
  • Daxia no longer sometimes appears at Tuxing Liu when she's at the Outpost.
  • Val no longer sometimes appears in the Cave when she's at the Outpost.
  • The elvator room in the base builder view no longer shows an interactable cursor.
  • Melt/Excavate cursor no longer occasionally disappears on systems that don't support changing the size of the hardware cursor.
  • Basement computer room size reduced so character doesn't get stuck.
  • Fixed bug where Karen would keep getting angry about the misappropriated satellite materials if you tell her "It was Karl's idea".
  • Orbital navigator Herschel Station list button works (you could only select it using the prev/next buttons)
  • Negotiation Panel now correctly blocks hotkeys.
  • Missing audio line fixed for Daxia.
  • Daxia dialogue dead end fixed.
  • 'Applied Physics' perk exploit fixed.
  • Drone upgrade 'not enough polymers' color fixed.
  • Daxia and Louam's corpses will no longer appear at Tuxing Liu if everybody dies there if they are at the Outpost.

Known Issues

• Someone reported a disappearing toolbar, but we haven't been able to reproduce this after the latest fix. Getting rid of the sleep screen removes a lot of pitfalls regarding this, so hopefully resolving that issue is a beneficial side effect.
  • Drones AI is still erratic on very rare occasions.
  • People really want a rover-to-outpost button so that may make it in.
  • The negotiation system could be clearer on what's going on.
  • General Help still references sleep screen.
  • Tutorial Layout a little wide for optimal reading on some screens.

What's next?

First off, as more people start playing the game, different decisions on different systems yield different results, so there are probably a few more fixes on the horizon.

As for content. It's still not a final decision, but the way it's shaping up right now, one more quest from the planned expansion is going to either make it into the base game or become (likely) free DLC. It's a bigger one, with some new items, new research and new buildables as well. The quest is not tied to one of the current main storylines so don't worry about missing out if you want to play the game now.

The rest of the planned expansion will become the base for an entirely new game, but it's too early to make an announcement on that.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Playing atm.

Honestly the first 2 hours of the game was really a pain in the ass to get trough because you cannot so anything and just wait. after the first shipment the game flows better as more options are unlocked and the plot progress.

It is actually quite addicting now.
Some complaints:

- the free camera in some places are awful. It would jump randomly into random angles.

-driving the LTAM are nausea inducing. The camera should stay on the same horizontal axis and not follow the vehicle's angle because the camera move around very at very uncomfortable speed and angle

-the tools in your based should have a highlight outline if you hover the pointer instead of changing the pointer's color.

But yeah it can be rough around the edges but the game has charms. I hope i keep enjoying it and write a full review after that.

MF are you still workong on the game?

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Playing atm.

MF are you still workong on the game?

The game intentionally takes a while to open up so you can get settled in first. It shouldn't really take two hours, though. Hard to balance that kind of stuff with the amount of freedom you have. You can actually do a lot, but you're expected to lapse quite a bit of time initially. What did you do before the first shipment arrived?

The free cam tries to prevent clipping into walls and obstacles. It shouldn't randomly change angles, though. Maybe if it is about to clip into more than one object at once or switch between cam modes or load a camera save state or something like that. I'll check it out.

Haven't heard any complaints about the driving camera, but I'll fiddle around with not following the vehicle's tilt.

Outlining the command center stations is a good idea in principle, but it's not congruent with the rest of the interface. Having things outside light up as well would be jarring. I'm not sure how much that matters, though. I'll give it a try.

Alright, hope you'll keep enjoying it!

Yes, I'm still working on the game. I've condensed part of an expansion I had planned into a new quest (or two) tying up those loose ends. It will feature two new areas, a couple of new research options and buildables and some new perks. Not enough for a full blown expansion, it will be a free addition to the core game. I moved the rest of my expansion ideas to a new project. It involved space travel and combat and I decided it was just turning into a different game.

Apart from that I'm still optimizing a few things. The amount of bugs reported since the last patch is tiny, but there's still some jankiness I want to improve. I think the next update will be ready in a month or so.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can I download the menu soundtrack somewhere yet?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom