- Sep 25, 2012
Can I download the menu soundtrack somewhere yet?
Can you also make it so you can run when you click an interactable objects ? If i am right, you can only run if you click a ground, for example going from bed to construction desk by clicking the construction desk does not allow you to run. I tried clicking while run is toggled by default, or double clicking my character still walk.
The game intentionally takes a while to open up so you can get settled in first. It shouldn't really take two hours, though. Hard to balance that kind of stuff with the amount of freedom you have. You can actually do a lot, but you're expected to lapse quite a bit of time initially. What did you do before the first shipment arrived?
The free cam tries to prevent clipping into walls and obstacles. It shouldn't randomly change angles, though. Maybe if it is about to clip into more than one object at once or switch between cam modes or load a camera save state or something like that. I'll check it out.
Haven't heard any complaints about the driving camera, but I'll fiddle around with not following the vehicle's tilt.
Outlining the command center stations is a good idea in principle, but it's not congruent with the rest of the interface. Having things outside light up as well would be jarring. I'm not sure how much that matters, though. I'll give it a try.
Alright, hope you'll keep enjoying it!
Yes, I'm still working on the game. I've condensed part of an expansion I had planned into a new quest (or two) tying up those loose ends. It will feature two new areas, a couple of new research options and buildables and some new perks. Not enough for a full blown expansion, it will be a free addition to the core game. I moved the rest of my expansion ideas to a new project. It involved space travel and combat and I decided it was just turning into a different game.
Apart from that I'm still optimizing a few things. The amount of bugs reported since the last patch is tiny, but there's still some jankiness I want to improve. I think the next update will be ready in a month or so.
Yes, there was some red tape with Steam and then I got infected with Corona, but I finally managed to get the OST online. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1267880/Titan_Outpost_Soundtrack/Can I download the menu soundtrack somewhere yet?
You're right, clicking on interactables forces walking. There was a reason for that back when autorun wasn't a feature, but I don't think that applies anymore. I'll see about changing that.Can you also make it so you can run when you click an interactable objects?
This update contains a few minor improvements and fixes. One of the endings gets a proper slide for a rare state and another ending is easier to access.
- Outpost freezing over has its own death screen.
- Outpost temperature warning is now a timelapse-halting event.
- Buttons on generator panel more responsive.
- Singularity ending where Titan is rammed into Earth easier to access.
- New Ending slide for players who power down the singularity and then finish the game another way.
- Spacebar dismisses alerts. Can be set in the hotkeys menu.
- Roster manual now explains what the tasks are.
- Characters with the 'Caffeine Addict' trait can now get the inventory and sleep tutorials even if they skip the fatigue level check by saying they just need a cup of coffee.
- Leaving the heat off without triggering death exploit fixed.
- Outpost no longer reaches temperatures below absolute zero.
- Missing audio for reporting crash information to Karl fixed.
- Rover would sometimes not trigger regaining its full speed after leaving an area of interest in Shangri-La.
- Researching Strange Materials moves that quest entry for the 'Density' quest even if you report it to Magnus out of order.
- Can no longer get stuck at the Nanji-Jidi dam control center if you don't have certain skills. A soft failstate option has been added.
- The IPMS wealthy ending now correctly shows the player character even if the PC is female.
- IPMS remembers the singularity if you don't disconnect it manually, you still have to ask about it.
- A powered down singularity will not help earth, and you get the brown eco ending as intended.
- Singularity state is now taken into account with the Megiddo ending.
- Tom Parker world space avatar through the intercom fixed for Megiddo ending.
- Can no longer prevent Tom from contacting Daisuke if you quickly click on something else.
- Help Screen in Shangri-La no longer overlaps with other help screen if you press F1.
I thought that was more of a proving grounds for short demos and high concept things like Soundcloud used to be for music, but it looks like it turned into a proper platform . I'll check it out, thanks.
Don't recall the first, but for the secondIf I wanted, how do I complete Hoorn in my side? I had no opportunity to do it as far as I can tell.
Who can I kill for It's not the cold you need to worry about, it's me? Aside from Van Hoorn for Daisuke's quest and maybe Park and his men (he claims they'll die if you don't let them inside) I didn't see any opportunities
To everyone holding out hope for a GoG release: Not gonna happen. This was sent to me about two weeks ago:
"Thanks for reaching us again.
We've taken another closer look at the game and while we find it really fun, I'm afraid we are not confident enough to release the game on GOG platform.
If you have any other games in the future that might be a better fit for GOG, please let us know, and hopefully we’ll be able to work together."
I asked them to clarify what they mean by 'a better fit for GOG', but I've had no reply. Joke's on me for trying to engage with a boilerplate response, I guess. This is definitely a less personal approach than what they were doing before.
Well generally amsterdam is lacking in that department even if it has such reputation. When i was there,i noticed that a lot of the locals dislike the whole legal drugs thing. It is pretty good city despite the masses of foreign drug addicts.There's not enough drugs in all of Amsterdam.
When I toggle it, the game freezes and then sends me back to the desktop, without an error message or anything. All drivers are up to date, but obviously it could still be on my end, who knows. Anyone else experience this issue?
Yeah, no problem. Makes sense, I guess. I'll bind them to ESC and Space in the next update.
CTD on bright mode? Apart from adding a few lights here and there it increases the hardware gamma so it might be a driver issue. Does it happen when you toggle it or when you enter an area with it enabled?