Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Titan Outpost Release Thread

Discussion in 'The Boar Studio' started by MF, Jul 30, 2019.

1. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Can I download the menu soundtrack somewhere yet?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. HoboForEternity sunset tequila Patron

HoboForEternity
    Can you also make it so you can run when you click an interactable objects ? If i am right, you can only run if you click a ground, for example going from bed to construction desk by clicking the construction desk does not allow you to run. I tried clicking while run is toggled by default, or double clicking my character still walk.

^ Top  
  3. MF The Boar Studio Patron Developer

MF
    Yes, there was some red tape with Steam and then I got infected with Corona, but I finally managed to get the OST online. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1267880/Titan_Outpost_Soundtrack/
    The bonus track needs to be remastered at some point and I'm going to add more stuff later when I have some time, like a version of the title track without drums. Not sure about the price, but that's what Valve came up with.

You're right, clicking on interactables forces walking. There was a reason for that back when autorun wasn't a feature, but I don't think that applies anymore. I'll see about changing that.

• gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. crus Novice

crus
    Critically acclaimed epic exclusive series are titan outpost series? Anyway iam going to dive this today.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Whisper Arcane Vatnik

Whisper
    Is this game good?

• Yes Yes x 5
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. fantadomat Arcane Edgy

fantadomat
    Yes,it is one of the best games from the last year.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. MF The Boar Studio Patron Developer

MF
    To everyone holding out hope for a GoG release: Not gonna happen. This was sent to me about two weeks ago:

"Thanks for reaching us again.

We've taken another closer look at the game and while we find it really fun, I'm afraid we are not confident enough to release the game on GOG platform.

If you have any other games in the future that might be a better fit for GOG, please let us know, and hopefully we’ll be able to work together."

I asked them to clarify what they mean by 'a better fit for GOG', but I've had no reply. Joke's on me for trying to engage with a boilerplate response, I guess. This is definitely a less personal approach than what they were doing before.

• Rage x 5
    • Despair x 5
    • Salute x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    • Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. AdolfSatan Magister

AdolfSatan
    There's always itch.io for non-DRM distribution, tho I guess if enough people request it on gog they might budge.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. Agesilaus Antiquity Studio Patron Developer

Agesilaus
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
    Itch.io is very convenient and easy to use.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. MF The Boar Studio Patron Developer

MF
    I thought that was more of a proving grounds for short demos and high concept things like Soundcloud used to be for music, but it looks like it turned into a proper platform . I'll check it out, thanks.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Butter Arcane

Butter
    https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/944180/view/5260723642061538584

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2020
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Tavernking Don't believe his lies Patron Shitposter Developer

Tavernking
    How have I missed this game for so long?? Looking forward to grabbing it next time it goes on sale.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Ranarama Learned

Ranarama
    It's both really. In fact I think it's the one form of Early Access that works. Because itch io is a smaller platform you get feedback from a customer set that are interested in the betas and things that are a bit rough around the edges. While you still save the first impression for the wider audience who need all the pretty graphics and things to work perfectly lest their tiny brains explode.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Tavernking Don't believe his lies Patron Shitposter Developer

Tavernking
    MF, do you think you'll ever build upon your work to make a similar space RPG, maybe set on another planet/moon?

^ Top  
  15. MF The Boar Studio Patron Developer

MF
    Already doing that. I'll post a thread about that soon.

• incline incline x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    MF

Would you say the game is in a state you're happy with now? I know you've said prior that you regret not releasing it in early access so I held off on playing and reviewing it.

And completely tangential, were you aware there was a cRPG called Mines of Titan also set on Titan when you created your game?
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  17. MF The Boar Studio Patron Developer

MF
    Yes, it is.

The last patch only fixed a few minor inconsistencies and one nasty but really obscure bug. I'm sure a few more bugs will pop up eventually, but it's smooth sailing for most players now.

Of course there are certain things about the core design that I would have done differently with the knowledge I have now, but I'm chalking that up to lessons learned for the next game. All in all, I'm very proud of it.

No, I wasn't aware of that game. I only recently read about it here on the dex. Somebody replied that it was actually set on Mars on the C64 and somebody renamed the game when they ported it or something. I doubt Titan is paramount to the story or setting but I haven't checked it out myself.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  18. Alphons Savant

Alphons
    Finished my first playthrough after 17 hours according to Steam. (Reloaded couple times to see different endings I could reach and got around 22 achievements).

Really glad that I stumbled upon this game! I've had a lot of fun playing with my talker scientist and already have couple more builds in mind.

Writing was good- really enjoyed finding out about agendas of all involved factions.
    Outdoor locations were pretty and I enjoyed exploring them all.
    Negotiation system was great, with it's different goals of varying difficulty, leverage and different arguments you can pick.
    Characters were pretty good- credit to your VAs for playing a wide range of characters.

Bugs I've encountered (all minor stuff):
    -when informing Karl about your findings in Shangri-la his voice lines don't play properly (game plays his greetings "What do you need")
    -when choosing reward from Chinese, if you choose minerals Ling talks about food rations (You really need food?). Minerals still arrive properly at Outpost.
    -after leaving Dig Site slow driving zone, Rover's speed couldn't get above 30. It fixed itself after I got to Magnus' Hideout and talked with him.
    -going to Herschel with Magnus doesn't unlock it's corresponding achievement. Sending Magnus alone does unlock it's corresponding achievement.

One thing that I didn't like:
    Almost nothing happens in 2079 and 2080. Aside from Daisuke's request about Van Hoorn, stealing a freighter and finally Megiddo arriving nothing else happens. I just put my character on Leisure and skipped time between shipments.

Some questions:
    If I wanted, how do I complete Hoorn in my side? I had no opportunity to do it as far as I can tell.
    Who can I kill for It's not the cold you need to worry about, it's me? Aside from Van Hoorn for Daisuke's quest and maybe Park and his men (he claims they'll die if you don't let them inside) I didn't see any opportunities

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. AdolfSatan Magister

AdolfSatan
    Don't recall the first, but for the second
    Show Spoiler
    the chinese

^ Top  
  20. JarlFrank I like Thief THIS much Patron

JarlFrank
    Maybe you should make a game like this instead

https://www.gog.com/game/yiik_a_postmodern_rpg?pp=cb4e5208b4cd87268b208e49452ed6e89a68e0b8

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • Nuke it from orbit Nuke it from orbit x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. MF The Boar Studio Patron Developer

MF
    There's not enough drugs in all of Amsterdam.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. fantadomat Arcane Edgy

fantadomat
    Well generally amsterdam is lacking in that department even if it has such reputation. When i was there,i noticed that a lot of the locals dislike the whole legal drugs thing. It is pretty good city despite the masses of foreign drug addicts.

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Strange Fellow Peculiar Patron Sad Loser

Strange Fellow
    Hey, MF: bit of a silly one, but is there any chance you could bind the skipping of cutscenes to a single key, so it's possible to take screenshots while they're playing?

Also, trying to turn on the Extra Bright Mode causes a CTD, pls fix thx.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. MF The Boar Studio Patron Developer

MF
    Yeah, no problem. Makes sense, I guess. I'll bind them to ESC and Space in the next update.

CTD on bright mode? Apart from adding a few lights here and there it increases the hardware gamma so it might be a driver issue. Does it happen when you toggle it or when you enter an area with it enabled?

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Strange Fellow Peculiar Patron Sad Loser

Strange Fellow
    When I toggle it, the game freezes and then sends me back to the desktop, without an error message or anything. All drivers are up to date, but obviously it could still be on my end, who knows. Anyone else experience this issue?
    Honestly though, just forget about it. I only wanted it because my screenshots came out a little dark.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.