Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torchlight

Multi-headed Cow

This is $10 on Steam over the weekend and just got updated to include Steam achievement support (Meh) and Steam cloud support, where your saves/characters are uploaded to Steam and will sync on other machines (Woo!).

Multi-headed Cow

And before anyone gets too angry, the saves ARE still stored on your machine. And for the Codex, there's no option to disable Cloud so Gabe Newell knows your Torchlight character's name.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Oh fuck! The retail version, the one that should come on disc, will have a ferret pet in addition to dog and cat! I MUST have that!

Multi-headed Cow

Hopefully they'll patch that in to the other versions. Would make sense, otherwise people modding from the retail edition would have ferret models that other people didn't and the world would descend into chaos.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
pet_ferret.jpg

Ferret!

In other news, it seems that they are planning another update for after Christmas that should fix more bugs and rebalance things a bit.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Very Hard. I played it on Hard and it was easy.

But from what I read, higher difficulties have lower drop rates for rare items, so be ready for a lot of shit loot.

J1M

Arcane
I played the demo on the hardest setting. Was kinda boring but I like how you automagically pick up gold.

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
There are no differences in loot across difficulty. This has been discussed at length on the official forums.

cutterjohn

Cipher
...it's still $9.99 from Steam until 1/3/10 apparently.

I still think that it's Fate in semi-new clothes though, I mean Baldree could have at least come up with a new gimmick for this one, sort of like fishing for things was for Fate...

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
cutterjohn said:
I still think that it's Fate in semi-new clothes though, I mean Baldree could have at least come up with a new gimmick for this one, sort of like fishing for things was for Fate...

That's very much possible but I didn't play Fate so getting this game was pretty cool for me.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
1.15 is out. It adds a good amount of balance tweaks in addition to the bugfixes, and surprisingly some new content. Check the official thread to see if your vendor already implemented it; as of writing it is available for the Runic, Steam and D2D versions.

Also you might be interested to know that the ferret pet will stay an exclusive for the box version and won't be officially added to the other versions of the game later. Bit stupid, considering the ferret is pretty much a cosmetic thing, but it seems it was part of the deal to get the box version out. Anyway Runic made it quite easy to mod the ferret into the game and this is what happened.

Haha! I beat you, VoD! For arpg news, yes, but I still beat you!

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Was fun to ember lance shit but got stale fast.

On this note: I do enjoy murdering things with flashy spells. Any games someone could recommend?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom