Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Torment Kickstarter Update #9: Chris Avellone!

hiver

Well it's not a cherry topping if he convinces Colin to make important changes to the entire game. So, yeah he is mostly a consultant / adviser, but it could have important effects on the overall game. MCA could prevent various retardations for one thing.
"Romance".

jewboy

Arbiter
I can't decide whether alpha/beta testing is worth adding. I assume it's pretty much just a bug hunt.

Avantre

Educated
Well it's not a cherry topping if he convinces Colin to make important changes to the entire game. So, yeah he is mostly a consultant / adviser, but it could have important effects on the overall game. MCA could prevent various retardations for one thing.
"Romance".

Do not get between me and my dream of making sweet, sweaty love to that ball of goo character.

hiver

Already did.
And now you can definitely forget that crap for any other character too.
:smug:

hiver

I can't decide whether alpha/beta testing is worth adding. I assume it's pretty much just a bug hunt.
Well... just consider the fact that i will be beta testing TToN and making suggestions.

grdja

Augur
I don't know about all the jizzing. Really still angry at MCA for derping Lonesome Road "Hurr durr, its post apocalyptic, so the society can never rebuild, here I'm gonna nuke them all again just to be sure".

jewboy

Arbiter
Well... just consider the fact that i will be beta testing TToN and making suggestions.

But you can already make suggestions. I think the point of beta testing is to find bugs. An additional form of QA. Admittedly alpha and beta testing means that you can give feedback on stuff that other people don't know about yet. So that's something I guess.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
:drink:

Ladies, gentlemen, and trannies, here is a secret sketch of the the 8th companion!

:mhd:

hiver

But you can already make suggestions. I think the point of beta testing is to find bugs. An additional form of QA. Admittedly alpha and beta testing means that you can give feedback on stuff that other people don't know about yet. So that's something I guess.
These current suggestions are very general in nature. And all over the place. Low priority too.
with Beta i will be able to be much more specific. While we will be hunting bugs, there is also content to criticize. Quests, dialogues, C&C, specific items or "magic" systems ... many things.

I just thought the mere probability of having me as a "councilor" on design would scare people enough to pledge more... :)
Certainly seems so from a lot of comments on my suggestions on UserVoice...

jewboy

Arbiter
You might have to taunt the biotards with that suggestion, hiver. Might get lots of $20 addons. It would be funny if there were a huge spike after you announced that you had ponied up for beta testing. I'm thinking about going for alpha and beta, with one of the higher all digital tiers, but I'm not sure what I'd be in for. I wonder if fighting the biotards for that length of time will even be necessary though. Are there any still around on the W2 forums?

Hobz

Savant
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
eeuVRyr.png

Where is the Codex Fundraiser by the way ?

hiver

You might have to taunt the biotards with that suggestion, hiver. Might get lots of $20 addons. It would be funny if there were a huge spike after you announced that you had ponied up for beta testing. I'm thinking about going for alpha and beta, with one of the higher all digital tiers, but I'm not sure what I'd be in for. I wonder if fighting the biotards for that length of time will even be necessary though. Are there any still around on the W2 forums?
Yeah, yeah, didnt mean to say youre a biotard.
The situation will be purified once the backers only forums come online, anyway. Its not like biotards and bethesdatards can influence the design much anyway. Didnt achieve anything with W2.
The yapping on forums seems more pronounced because a retard has a resistance to logic, reason and actual arguments.
But, there is still a possibility that some smaller decisions get swerved and then create unfortunate delayed circumstances. If there are any, Beta testing will be a good opportunity to swerve those.

I think they are planning to make additional digital tier or two soon, because there is a big gap between 80-90 and next digital tiers at the moment. You might wanna wait a day or two.

One thing people forget with all the MCA re-writing Mitsoda's writing. Mitsoda talked a good set of writing, with some neat ideas about making it akin to Syriana. Some of that seems to have made the final product - particularly the part about how the villain is trying to make money off a cold war, but if you gather enough intel from the right people you can work out that he's screwed up and is actually going to start a hot war (providing one of 2 means for turning a particular 'boss' over to your side in one of the end fights).

But the few examples we have of Mitsoda's writing are really nothing special - frankly, I can see why they were re-written. That's not an insult to Mitsoda - the script would probably have gone through about 10 revisions before the final product, and he left before that process really got under way, so at best they had an early draft. At that point, a rewrite is basically all you can do, and you're better off doing it allowing the new writer to do his own thing rather than trying to imitate a rather early draft of someone else's idea.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom