Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

agris

Arcane
Patron
Is the Fathom 13 "optimization pass" just a reduction of the shadow resolution and reflection shader precision? The map now gives me ~45 FPS instead of 15 (1920x1200, AMD R9 290), but opening the mini-map and closing it still makes the FPS jump to 60. It did this pre-patch too, and the PCs shadow didn't look like it was made of legos.

SniperHF

Arcane
Here's another suggestion regarding saves (if it's not implemented already): Have them ordered descending by date so the last save is always at the top of the list. Any other method of ordering is just pointless.
Didn't Pillars of Eternity beta have this issue? I think it was it that drove me mad.

So did WL2. What I was doing in the last version is naming my saves in reverse numerical order. 100,99,98,97. So the lower number is always at the top.

Fairfax

Arcane
Brother None
In the Ninth World - Monte Cook's PnP world that our game is based on - humanity was gone for a long time only to mysteriously reappear a thousand years ago. The people that reappeared had what we would call "mixed" ethnicity, predominantly African and Asian, so the LCO and most characters in the game have a mixed African-Asian look.

Most white people are gone. It's the opposite of a post-apocalyptic setting for SJWs.

O4aCLno.jpg

RIP

Neanderthal

Arcane
Most white people are gone. It's the opposite of a post-apocalyptic setting for SJWs.

O4aCLno.jpg

RIP

Well for a while, pigmentation'll develop depending on what climates they're in, surprised its not already happenin after a millenium or so. Pity that they decided to go for just two races though, could have had races like Somoans, Sami, First Nations, Incas, Nepalese etc. Could have developed entirely new ones or reintroduced a worthy race like the Neanderthals.

Well, it certainly runs way smoother and finally fullscreen works for me at my default resolution (2560*1440). New portrait is, eh, better (I think that's the one they used in they updates and tumblr promotion), but it looks even more like a sociology student.
BLwJnKI.png

Still, better than that Chernobyl victim.
OXTwIeR.png

XQhAnH3.jpg
Pity that the female character model is still untweaked and modeled after the what I presume to be the first pass concept (the Chernobyl victim).

Also they seem to have tweaked zoom level a bit, so you can't zoom as much as in the previous beta version.

SniperHF

Arcane
Well, it certainly runs way smoother and finally fullscreen works for me at my default resolution (2560*1440). New portrait is, eh, better (I think that's the one they used in they updates and tumblr promotion), but it looks even more like a sociology student.

Also they seem to have tweaked zoom level a bit, so you can't zoom as much as in the previous beta version.

If you hit Semicolon you can get different zoom options. I assume this is a stock unity feature and will eventually be removed.

HINT: InXile don't remove it k thx.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
So did WL2. What I was doing in the last version is naming my saves in reverse numerical order. 100,99,98,97. So the lower number is always at the top.
Ahah, so they're sorted alphabetically. Yeah, makes complete sense. :prosper:

but it looks even more like a sociology student.

Should give her some tits at least. I'm not even sure if the model if female or male.
For inspiration on tits, please check PST or look outside. As opposed to what some may say, women do indeed have tits.

Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter
BLwJnKI.png

Who is this fuccboi?

Ahah, so they're sorted alphabetically. Yeah, makes complete sense. :prosper:

but it looks even more like a sociology student.

Should give her some tits at least. I'm not even sure if the model if female or male.
For inspiration on tits, please check PST or look outside. As opposed to what some may say, women do indeed have tits.
Xhe is genderfluid, you shitlord, and doesn't have to conform to your heteronormative titty-lover view! :incloosive:
:troll:

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
Obviously still doing the same old mistakes. Who puts the quicksave and quickload keys next to each other anymore?

And did they make it so the dialogue options are highlighted and clickable even when the cursor is not on the text? How did PoE do that, btw, I can't remember, but I don't think it was this dumb and annoying.

actually i for one prefer them next to eachother ;)

Echo Mirage

Arcane
BLwJnKI.png

So we have gone from Wasteland 2 extra to fetal alcohol syndrome sufferer in one patch...Great.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
You know, we're going to complain so much about this fucking portrait that eventually they'll tune us (and their forum) out and say "Fuck all ya'll!' and we'll be stuck with whatever shit portrait they decide was good enough.

Prime Junta

Brother None
In the Ninth World - Monte Cook's PnP world that our game is based on - humanity was gone for a long time only to mysteriously reappear a thousand years ago. The people that reappeared had what we would call "mixed" ethnicity, predominantly African and Asian, so the LCO and most characters in the game have a mixed African-Asian look.

O4aCLno.jpg

RIP

In the Numenera sourcebook art everybody's pasty as fuck though. I wondered about that actually.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Is it possible portrait will change throughout the game depending on your decisions or something?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
This was the Female PC at some point (still in the game's files):

Huh, that's actually OK.
But I guess it wasn't ugly enough.

Should've went with old bald one instead of this "my mom smoked and drank during pregnancy" face.

Prime Junta

I have a coworker with hair just like that only her tat is a Welsh griffon

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
BLwJnKI.png

Still, better than that Chernobyl victim.
OXTwIeR.png
I liked the "Chernobyl" version better!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom